Kalapathar Island Peak - 20 Nights 21 Days
Kalapathar Island Peak climbing best and classic adventure plans of Khumbu region, Island Peak (6,189m) is one of the main busy and easy trekking peak in Khumbu Nepal, with a high glaciated west face from Lhotse glacier. The summit of Island peak one of the world’s largest ice walls and offer to us amazing views of Makalu, Lhotse. Chuphulu, Tawache, Mt Everest, Amadablam and many Himalayans snow peaks.
Kalapathar Island peak best way to do by via Kongmala pass which is the (5535m) high pass trek will offer us very close views of Khumbu mountains, and it is enough acclimatizing for climbing Island peak. Before the Island peak and Konmala pass you be reach at Kalapathar (5545m) near the Everest base camp which you get a fantastic view of world highest mt Everest and other white mountains view.
Island Peak climbing is famous among the entire climber before heading for Bigger Mountains because it is small but offers requires Technical Knowledge, and skill to overcome which add adventure and joy of Satisfaction and also considered as an opportunity for advanced beginner and intermediate climber to take on a challenging glacier to climb above 6100m.
Kalapathar Island Peak climbing, We listed budget in our site US$: 2780: Per person minimum 2 people in the group, we included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Island peak Permit 250: US$ Per Person, Sagarmatha park permit 3500 Rs, Pasang Lhamu DCD Tax 2000 Rs, Experienced climbing guide, Porters, Salary, Insurance, and hotel in Kathmandu as per our itinerary. We do include 360: US$ per person for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu plane ticket.
We don’t include in our site, international air ticket, tips for working staff and Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Kalapathar Island peak start from Lukla-Namche Bazaar this trek is the most popular beauty Tibetan Sherpa Cultural the Khumbu Everest. Successfully Kalapathar and we keep walking down to the Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Phakding (2,610m) 3 hours the walking.
Morning flight to Lukla (2800m). The gateway of the Khumbu valley and our trek to Phakding. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Namche (3,440m) 5 hours the walking.
We enter the Sagarmatha National park and cross the Dudhkosi river. You climb steeply up to the Namche Bazar Sherpa capital of the Khumbu Everest. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Day hiking to Syangboche.
Our night will be in Namche, but today we slowly high up to the Syangboche mountains views point Mt Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku. Kangtenga and others Himalayan peaks. Our experience this additional night we sure that you can reach Kalapathar, Everest base camp and Island peak climb without any a headache. Stay Overnight in Namche
- 5Day 5 : Tangboche (3,860m) 5 hours the walking.
After the breakfast you climb slowly through the alpine forest, A splendid view of high peaks appears. Continuation of climbing through the mountainside in zigzag until you come to the stone gate built by the Lamas which marks your entry into Tengboche. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Dingboche (4,410m) 5 hours the walking.
From Tengboche trek to Dingboche Via Pangboche with the view of high snow mountain Amadablam, Khangtenga and Thamserku. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Labuche (4,930m) 4 hours the walking.
Today from Dingboche we walk offers views of the Mt.Tawache, Ama Dablam and to the north-Pokalde (5,741m), Kongma-Tse (5,820m) and the great wall of the Nuptse. Stay overnight lodge at the Lobuche.
- 8Day 8 : Ghrokshep (5,180m). 7 hours the walking.
Lobuche trek to Everest Base Camp (5,486m) via Gorakshep high altitude areas and coming back to Gorakshep. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Hike up to Kalapathar (5,545m) and back to Labuche 5 hours the walking.
Today early morning climb up to Kala Patthar (5,545m.) and enjoy the views of the sunrise. From Kala Patthar you can have a panoramic view of Mt. Everest and many other mountain peaks like Mt. Pumori, Mt. Lingtren, Mt. Khumbu Tse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku and many more peaks and back to the Laboche. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Kongmola pass and Chhukung (4,730m) 8 hours the walking.
After breakfast our trek heading to Kangmo La Pass (5,535m) which is the highest pass among three passes. From the top of the pass is the magnificent view over the high mountains peaks. Stay overnight at the lodge Chhukung.
- 11Day 11 : Rest day at Chhukung.
Today we rest at Chhukung. You are very tired from the high passes and also very important that you need to acclimatize for the climbing Island peak. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 12Day 12 : (5,057m) Island peak base camp 6 hours the walking from Chhukung.
From Chhukung a trail that is a gradual ascend towards high Imja valley. We will have magnificent views of Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Island Peak arrive Island peak base camp.overnight in the tent.
- 13Day 13 : Rest day at Island peak base camp.
Today our Sherpa will check your health conditions to make sure that everyone is fit for the main summit climb, the following day. They will also make necessary checks on climbing gears such as crampons, ice axes, harness and other equipment. Overnight in the tent.
- 14Day 14 : Summit to Island Peak (6,189m), 10 hours the walking.
Today by our Experienced Sherpa climbers, we will tackle several technical sections and head towards the summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with breathtaking views of Mt Lhotse. Mt Makalu, Lhotse Middle Peak, Lhotse Shar, Mt Nuptse, Mt Baruntse and other surrounding peaks. We will spend short and quality time at the top of Island Peak and then descend following the same route back to base camp.overnight in the tent.
- 15Day 15 : Base camp-Chhukung 6 hours the walking.
After breakfast, our trek start to going Chuukung slowly. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Chhukung to Phungithanga 7 hours the walking.
Today we walk to Phungithanga easy way but a long walk. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Phungithanga to Jorsaly 5 hours the walking.
After breakfast, our trek startup to Sanasa then an easy way to lunch place Namche after lunch 2 hours walk down to the Jorsaly. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Jorsaly-Lukla. 5 hours the walking.
Today is your last walking on your trip and not the long way and happy day to arrive at Lukla. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Lukla-Kathmandu.
From Lukla flghit back to Kathmandu and trnsfer to the hotel.
- 20Day 20 : Kathmandu.your free day at Kathmandu hotel including with bed and breakfast.
- 21Day 21 : Departure.
After breakfast Drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/ Van/Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 3 Nights.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Such as Italian, Chines, Indian, Nepali many more European food.
- (Items) three times a day with Coffee, Tea.
- Tea Houses Lodge, and tented accommodation during the trek.
- One highly experienced helpful and friendly English spiking guide.
- Necessary Trekking staff and Porters Insurance. day salary, food, and accommodation.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Island Peak Permit fee.
- Garbage Deposit Fee.
- General Climbing equipment such as Fix Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- A plane ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla - Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel Insurance Policy encase accident and high Altitude sickness Rescue operation.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your Country.
- Sot and hard drinks Such as: Beer, Fanta,Coke, Mineral waters.
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Your personal Equipment such as Sleeping bag/Crampons/Harness ice axe, and ice hammer.
- Please bring with you 2 passport size of pictures.