Kanchenjunga trekking is unspoiled and well-preserved trekking destination of Nepal with the lack of modern tourism infrastructure which works as a pleasure of adventure to trekkers from all around the world. Kanchenjunga lies in the north and far east of Himalayan belt dividing Nepal and near the border of Skim. The adventure trail leads to the north and south base camp of world’s third tallest mountain Mt Kanchenjunga, (8,586m), above sea level. It is the one and only trekking in the world where you can visit both sides of a mountain in a single Trek. Kanchenjunga trekking is actually named after before its name was “KANCHENDZONGA” means five jewels of snow peak, which we can see on our way to Kanchenjunga was officially started for tourist in 1988 and since then it has been one of the most adventurous trials because of the remoteness of the region, the physical and mental endurance trekkers need to overcome all the difficulty of the trek makes it one of the desirable trek of Nepal. The typical lifestyle of Sherpa, Limbu people, the flora and fauna, isolated monastery, the majestic mountain range, and the higher passes makes it very scintillating trek. Overall it is the most important trekking destination to know more about Nepal’s mountain and culture of the people influenced by both Tibetan and Indian culture which is also a one-lifetime experience which can only imagine exploring in another part of Nepal.
One Note That-During the Kanchenjunga trek at the Lhonak everybody will have face swelling only 3/4 hours.
Kanchenjunga trekking begins from Kathmandu to Taplejung and then we continue our journey to massif Kanchenjunga where we follow deep ravines, forest of bamboo, rhododendron and larch pine forest to the Tibetan valley of Ghunsa our most important acclimatizing point before heading for North base camp of Kanchenjunga glacier to spend a night at Pangpema(5160m). The panorama of Mt Kanchenjunga and Chang Himal dominate the Lhonak and Pangpema which is overwhelming virtually, the adventure passes through Selele pass(4480m) surpass to Mirgg la pass(4820m) to stream another beautiful point before heading Kanchenjunga south camp then we continue along the route to South base camp following addictive scenery,the view of Himalayan Thar add nothing but the excitement. The trail passes through Yalung glacier to reach south Camp of Kanchenjunga, Then we descend down following route to Taplejung via Yamphudeng, Yak Kharkha to Taplejung via Sukyatar where we have look at an airport which is not working. A day after drive back to Kathmandu. So what are you waiting join us and explore Nepal trekking in different Perspective? Note: It is tough trekking in Nepal so you need to have experience of mountain and camping trekking before and for your comfort, we can change or modify our itinerary on the way too by the help of our skillful and experience Guide and trekking Leader.
Kanchenjunga trek we listed on our website cost 2277 US$ per person, in this bodged we do include Kanchenjunga special trekking permit, Park permit, Accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Necessary Local transport, Experience guide, Porter salary insurance during the trek. we also include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
But we don’t include your international air ticket, Nepal visa fee and Lunch-Dinner in Kathmandu.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with Breakfast. We need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Night bus.
Night bus from Kathmandu VIA Chitwan-Jhapa-Ilam Phidem.
- 4Day 4 : 25 Hours Bus (Taplejung (1,820m).
Arrival at 10 Am Taplejung Via Kabele Khola.today you need to do rest because you get tired from night bus so, you take relax at the Taplejung,
- 5Day 5 : Phurumbu (1,542m) only 4 hours walking.
After breakfast trek to Phurumbu easy walk. Stay overnight at lodge.
Today you can see the Kanchenjunga and Kumbakarna.
- 6Day 6 : Chhiruwa (1,270m) 6 hours.
Phurumbu-Chhiruwa via Sisne Khola and big Lumbu village. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Sekhathum (1,575m) 6 hours.
Chhiruwa-Sekhathum after walking a while we can see a beautiful valley and waterfall. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Amjilapsa (2,038m) 5 hours.
Sekhathum-Amjilapsa after 25 minutes we walk up and have a little view of Kumbakarna. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Kyabla (2,730m) 4 hours.
Amjilapsa-Kyabla today after breakfast easy way to reach the kyabla not the long way. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Ghunsa (3,595m) 5 hours.
Kyabla-Ghunsa which is the best place of Trekking place. Between Kyabla & Ghunsa there is a place called Phale where Tibetan people lives and they sell nice Carpets & prices are less than Kathmandu. Phale is one of the Centers of the Tibet border and from Phale the trail goes Lumba Sumba pass to Makalu & Way to Kanchenjunga trekking towards Ghunsa. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Rest day at Ghunsa.
This is very important that a beautiful place for a rest day. You may visit the village, monastery and etc. Your Kanchenjunga special trekking Permit also will be verified there. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Khambachen (4,050m) 6 hours.
Ghunsa -Khambachen From Lodge you have the great view of the (Janu Himal Kumbhakarna (7,710m) Phale Peak (6,645m) Sobithongie (6,670m) & Khabur Peak (6,332m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Lhonak (4,780m) 4 h,30.
Kambachen - Lhonak (4,780m) & you can see view Kanchenjunga from right side Wedge Peak (6,750m) Ramtang Peak (6,700m) Table Shikha (6,510m) from the Left side view of the Nupchu Peak (6,044m), Tanjung Peak (6,097m) and Dango Peak (6,250m). Stay overnight at similar lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Day Visit to Pangpema (5,143m) and night at Lhonak.
Pangpema is another beautiful place to visit it takes 6 hours to go & return. You have a wonderful View of the Kanchenjunga Base camp Glacier, Nepal Peak, and Pathibhara Himal and Kanchenjunga. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lhonak-Ghunsa 9 hours.
Lhonak-Ghunsa long way descending back to the Ghunsa. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Selle Base Camp-(3,700m).
From Ghunsa 4 hours walking to Selele base camp. Stay overnight at the small lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Tseram (3,870m) 7 hours.
From Selele base camp 7/8 hours walking to Tseram (3,870m) From Selle if the weather is fine you can see world top Mt Everest After passing Selle pass (4,480m), Sinelapche La (4,646m). Stay overnight at the similar lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Ramche (4,580m) Visit day
Tseram to Ramche, after Lunch we visit the Oktang, have a view of Kanchenjunga South Ynalug Kang (8,505m) Kumbhakarna many more snow peaks are very close and return back to Ramche. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Lasydanda (3,310) 7 hours.
Ramche-Lasyadanda. Stay overnight at a small and similar lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Yamphudin (2,080m) 6 hours.
Lasyadanda-trek to Yamphudin. Stay overnight at a small and similar lodge.
- 21Day 21 : Pumphe (1,854m) 6/7 hours.
Yamphudin Pumphedanda. Stay overnight at a small and similar lodge.
- 22Day 22 : Sinchuwa (2,129m) 6/7 hours.
Pumphedanda Sinchuwa bhanjyang. Stay overnight at a small and similar lodge.
- 23Day 23 : Lalikharka (2,711m) 6/7 hours.
Sinchuwa Bhanjyang-Lalikharka. Stay overnight at a small and similar lodge.
- 24Day 24 : 6 hours.
Lali Kharka-Taplejung. Stay overnight at a small and similar lodge.
- 25Day 25 : Night bus.
From Taplejung we taking night bus via Phedem-Ilam
- 26Day 26 : Via Damak Chitwan.
Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 27Day 27 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel include bed and breakfast.
- 28Day 28 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for Your scheduled flight back to the home
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights
- Camping or Lodge Including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Such as: Italian, Chinese, Indian, Nepali many more European food
- Lodge or Tented accommodation During the trek
- License holder Trekking Guide during the trek., Required number of porters, food, accommodation, salary, insurance
- Special trekking permits Kanchenjunga and park fee
- Bus Trasport from Kathmandu- Birtamode-Taplejung-Birtamode-Kathmandu
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Your Travel Insurance Policy incase is accident high Altitude Sickness Rescue operaition
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country
- Soft and hard drinks Such as: Beer, Coke,Fanta and Minerail waters
- Personal Trekking Equipment
- Tips for Nepali staff
- Please bring with you 6 passport size pictures