Mera Peak climbing - 16 Nights 17 Days
Mera Peak climbing begins from Lukla, Chutnaga, Kothe, and Thangna, from Kathmandu we fly to Lukla than walk up to Chuthanga. Mera peak climbing is (6,461m) highest trekking peak south region Khumbu Nepal.
Mera peak climbing preferably during autumn and spring seasons it’s the best time for the climb, We will have postcard the view from the top of Mera Mt, Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyo, Makalu, and Kusumkhangaru. Peak climbing an excellent option for trekkers with moderate mountaineering experience. This peak climbing is a challenging trekking peak due to its elevation (6461m, but Mera peak climbing is not much technical mountaineering skills requirement is basic peak our climbing guide will provide you that with basic mountaineering training before the actual summit Mera Peak. Our staff will assist where necessary ropes fix for the climbing Mera peak are. The peak climbing can do 14 days to 20 days itineraries. This program features a fantastic trek and climbing world class summit views of five (8,000m) peaks clearly viable East and west Kanchenjunga, Makalu and Everest region including Mt Everest. Way to Mera peak, you most enter high pass Zwatra la pass which is your 2cnd day in your trip, but not the difficult pass. During the trek, we will pass beautiful valley Hinku and small villages along the way to Thangnak- Khare are investing to visit and the scenery is absolutely frit class.
Mera peak climbing route essentially wraps around the southwest and north site of Mera peak. The Mera high camp which leads us of the Henku valley way to Mingbola pass. for the climbing we will practice our necessary mountaineering equipment like has Crampons. Ice axes and fix rope before the crossing icy slopes to reach the pass. The final pitch is short steep ice steep which we will fix climbing rope from our climbing guide.
Mera Peak climbing we listed in our site 2295 US$ per person minimum 2 people, in this price we included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Climbing permit, Climbing guide and potter’s Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu plane tickets during the trek and we do include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per our itinerary.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Katmandu and transfert to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Permit issuing day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu –Lukla plane and 3 hours walking to the Chutahnga (3,020m).
We will take an early morning scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, at Chhutang. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Thulikharka(4,100m)-6 hours the walking fom Chuthanga.
Chutanga we will follow the trail that is a gradual ascent which steepens as we head towards the crossing of Zatrawala Pass at (4,600m) and Tuli Kharka. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Kothe (4,182m) -6 hours the walking from Thulikharka.
Tuli Kharka our trail is a mixture of uphill and downhill trekking through the forest of rhododendron, oak, pine, and juniper trees, During our trek today we will have magnificent views of Mera Peak and the surrounding snow-capped peaks. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tangnak(4,326m) -6 hours the walking from Kothe.
Our trail from Kothe goes along the ridge of Hinku river towards Gondishung. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Khare (5,000m) - 6 hours walking from the Thangnak.
From Thangnak goes over the lateral moraine towards Hinku and Shar Glaciers. From there, our further trekking is a steep climb all the way to Khare. We will have the magnificent view of Northern Face of Mera Peak from Khare. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Rest day at Khare.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. As we are above (5,000) meters altitude, we will spend a rest day at Khare for acclimatization and exploration. Proper acclimatization is a must for ensuring our successful summit climb of Mera Peak. Our Sherpa team will make necessary checks on our climbing gears including ropes, ice axes, crampons, harness, and other equipment before heading to higher camps. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Base camp (5,300m) 4 hours walking from Khare.
Khare- Mera Base Camp, we start our short but technically demanding trek towards Mera Peak base camp. Our trail is a gradual ascend over to Mera Glacier. We will climb steeply towards the top of the glacier before traversing along the glacier to finally arrive at Mera peak base camp. Once at the base camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the tent.
- 10Day 10 : High camp(5,700m) 4/5 hours the walking from Base camp.
Base Camp, Mera High Camp. Leaving the base camp we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continues trekking along rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak high camp. Once at the high camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the camps and make necessary checks on our health conditions and climbing gears. From the high camp, we can enjoy amazing views of Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Baruntse, and Chamlang. Stay overnight in the tent.
- 11Day 11 : (6,461m) Suumit day to Mera peak about 10 hours walking.
Today is the day we all have been desperately waiting for. Properly equipped and fully acclimatized we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Strong winds after midday can create obstacles the reaching the summit. We start around 2 am in the morning and after having breakfast we climb up the glacier and onto a ridge. Following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert, we head towards Mera Peak summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular (8,000) meter peaks – Everest (8,848m) Cho Oyu (8,201m) Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse(7,855m), and Chamlang (7.319m) After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route and head back to reach Khare. Overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : 6 hours the walking.
Khare-Kothe-Now our trek back to Kothe. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 13Day 13 : 6 hours the walking.
After breakfast trek to Kothe-Thulikharka. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 14Day 14 : 6 hours the walking.
Thulikharka-Lukla today is your last trekking day. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lukla-Kathmandu.
Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 16Day 16 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast
- 17Day 17 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner Such as Italian,Chinese, Nepali, Indian and many more Eropean (Items) Food.
- Three time a day,with Coffe or Tea
- Lodge and tented accommodation during the trek. In Lodge we provide you Separate room as available
- Llicense holder climbing guide and porters, climbing Equipment, Insurance,Salary, Food and accommodation
- Everest National Park permits
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit fee
- Garbage Deposit Fee
- General Climbing equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Plane Ticket
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance policy incuse if the accident and high altitude sickness for the Rescue operation
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country
- Soft and hard drinks Such as Beer, Coke, Mineral water
- Personal Trekking and Climbing Equipment
- Tips for trekking staff
- Please don't forget to bring 2 passports size pictures with you