Mera Peak climbing - 16 Nights 17 Days
Mera peak climbing is (6,461m) highest trekking peak south region of Everest Nepal. Mera peak ascent preferably during autumn and spring seasons it’s the best time to climb, from the summit including views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho yo, Makalu, and Kusumkhangaru.
Climbing Mera peak is an excellent option for trekkers with moderate mountaineering experience. it is a challenging Nepal trekking peak due to its elevation, but Mera peak climbing is not much technical mountaineering skills requirement is basic.
Our climbing guide will provide you that with basic mountaineering training before the actual summit Peak, Our guide will assist where are necessary ropes fix for the climbing.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Katmandu and transfert to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Permit issuing day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu –Lukla plane and 3 hours walking to the Chutahnga (3,020m).
We will take an early morning scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. The gateway to Khumbu and entire Everest region. From Lukla, we start our trek heading east into the thick forest on the hillside. There are several trails that head away from the main trail on this section, so sticking to the best option before arriving at Chhutang. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Thulikharka(4,100m)-6 hours the walking fom Chuthanga.
Chutanga we will follow the trail that is a gradual ascent which steepens as we head towards the crossing of Zatrawala Pass at (4,600m). Our tiring climb to the top of the pass is rewarded with magnificent views of the Numbur Himal, Kongdi Ri, Karyolang Peak and other surrounding peaks. Our trek goes along a leveled path for almost two hours before descending all the way to Tuli Kharka. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Kothe (4,182m) -6 hours the walking from Thulikharka.
Tuli Kharka our trail is a mixture of uphill and downhill trekking through the forest of rhododendron, oak, pine, and juniper trees, During our trek today we will have magnificent views of Mera Peak and the surrounding snow-capped peaks. A steep descent to the Hinku River and a final uphill climb will lead us to Kothe. Lies to the west side of the Hinku valley and offers serene wilderness with lush vegetation to trekkers. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tangnak(4,326m) -6 hours the walking from Kothe.
Our trail from Kothe goes along the ridge of Hinku river towards Gondishung. Further trekking we will pass through Lungsumgba Gompa which was built approximately 200 years ago. Here we can find Mera Peak along with its route scripted in the rock which is a fantastic piece of rock carving architecture. Our trek continues with a rather easy walking trail that leads to the summer grazing area of Thangnak where there are shops and best tea house. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Khare (5,000m) - 6 hours walking from the Thangnak.
From Thangnak goes over the lateral moraine towards Hinku and Shar Glaciers. From there, our further trekking is a steep climb all the way to Khare. We will have the magnificent view of Northern Face of Mera Peak from Khare. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Rest day at Khare.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. As we are above (5,000) meters altitude, we will spend a rest day at Khare for acclimatization and exploration. Proper acclimatization is a must for ensuring our successful summit climb of Mera Peak. Our Sherpa team will make necessary checks on our climbing gears including ropes, ice axes, crampons, harness, and other equipment before heading to higher camps. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Base camp (5,300m) 4 hours walking from Khare.
Khare- Mera Base Camp, we start our short but technically demanding trek towards Mera Peak base camp. Our trail is a gradual ascend over to Mera Glacier. We will climb steeply towards the top of the glacier before traversing along the glacier to finally arrive at Mera peak base camp. Once at the base camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the tent.
- 10Day 10 : High camp(5,700m) 4/5 hours the walking from Base camp.
Base Camp, Mera High Camp. Leaving the base camp we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continues trekking along rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak high camp. Once at the high camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the camps and make necessary checks on our health conditions and climbing gears. From the high camp, we can enjoy amazing views of Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Baruntse, and Chamlang. Stay overnight in the tent.
- 11Day 11 : (6,461m) Suumit day to Mera peak about 10 hours walking.
Today is the day we all have been desperately waiting for. Properly equipped and fully acclimatized we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Strong winds after midday can create obstacles the reaching the summit. We start around 2 am in the morning and after having breakfast we climb up the glacier and onto a ridge. Following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert, we head towards Mera Peak summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular (8,000) meter peaks – Everest (8,848m) Cho Oyu (8,201m) Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse(7,855m), and Chamlang (7.319m) After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route and head back to reach Khare. Overnight at the Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : 6 hours the walking.
Khare-Kothe-Now our trek back to Kothe. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 13Day 13 : 6 hours the walking.
After breakfast trek to Kothe-Thulikharka. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 14Day 14 : 6 hours the walking.
Thulikharka-Lukla today is your last trekking day. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lukla-Kathmandu.
Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 16Day 16 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast
- 17Day 17 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
- Arrival and departure transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner Such as Italian,Chinese, Nepali, Indian and many more Eropean (Items) Food.
- Three time a day,with Coffe or Tea
- Lodge and tented accommodation during the trek. In Lodge we provide you Separate room as available
- Llicense holder climbing guide and porters, climbing Equipment, Insurance,Salary, Food and accommodation
- Everest National Park permits
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit fee
- Garbage Deposit Fee
- General Climbing equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Plane Ticket
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance policy incuse if the accident and high altitude sickness for the Rescue operation
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country
- Soft and hard drinks Such as Beer, Coke, Mineral water
- Personal Trekking and Climbing Equipment
- Tips for trekking staff
- Please don't forget to bring 2 passports size pictures with you