Trekking and Climbing in Khumbu - 30 Nights 31 Days
Trekking and Climbing Khumbu high pass are quite challenges and difficult part. This route uses most of Alpinist group. More trekkers are cross only from Mera peak site. But from Chhukung site few Alpinist have used this route, If you wish to do this route it is quite Different views different fell and best experience for your life, and you do have fully high acclamation. you will have never get the problem for the climbing Island Peak and Mera peak because you have already high altitude pass before from Khumbu high pass.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.
Free day in Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
Today you can shopping necessary trekking and climbing gears at Thamel.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu-Phakding (2,610m) Lukla (2,800m) 3 hours the walking.
Morning flight to Lukla (2800m). The gateway of the Khumbu valley and our trek to Phakding. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Fakding-Namche (3,440m) 5 hours the walking.
We enter the Sagarmatha National park and cross the Dudhkosi river. You climb steeply up to the Namche Bazar Sherpa capital of the Khumbu Everest. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 5Day 5 : walk up To Syangboche (3,390m) World Top Everest View and Khumjung -Khunde (3,840m).
After breakfast, we visit Sagarmatha National Park Museum and Syangboche where is the best viewpoint of Mt, Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kangtenga. After views point continues to Khumjung our Lunch break will be there. You can visit Khunde village and School. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Khunde-Thame (3,800m) 5 hours the walking.
From Khunde trek to Thame via Sangboche airport not difficult route. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Hike up to Thengbo.
Today is the hike up to Thanbo way to Tashilapsa pass, you need lots of acclimatization for high pass and climbing peaks. About 5/6 hours the walking. Stay overnight lodge at the Thame.
- 8Day 8 : Thame-Lungden (4,380m) 7/8 hours the walking.
We start trekking towards Lungden, following an easy and scenic trail that leads through banks of Bhote Koshi River. After we cross the river, we head to reach the village of Marlung at (4210m), where we can have a short break for tea/coffee. After there, we follow gentle ascend towards Lumde through the dry and windy valley. Along the route, fascinating views of several snow-capped peaks makes our walking awesome. Finally a reach at Lungden for our overnight stop. tea houses are located just above the Lungden village, which offers more panoramic scenery. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Lungden-Gokyo (5,549m) Via –Rinjo -La Pass 7 Hours the walking (4,790m) Gokyo.
After breakfast, we follow easy and scenic ascends for an hour, passing through a large Sandy Kharka. Then, we make an adventurous waking through stone steps and icy ridges to reach at Renjo La Pass at (5,435) meters. Once we reach to the top of the pass.we can have great views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse and many other snow-capped mountains which is one of the best viewpoints in the entire Everest region. The trails now gradually descend around a rocky spur which can be icy. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Gokyo-Thaknag (4,650m) After Lunch Only 2 hours the walking.
Today, we hike up to Gokyo Ri (5,320m) offers splendid views of world’s popular mountains including Mt. Everest (8,848m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Makalu (8,481m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201m), and other surrounding snow-topped peaks. After spending quality time at Gokyo Ri, we descend down to Gokyo after Lunch trek to Thanknag. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Thanknag-Dzongla Via (5,420m) Chola Pass And (4,830m) Dzongla 6 hours the walking.
We start early morning, head towards the hardest and adventurous pass of the Khumbu Cho-la Pass, first of all, we follow gradual ascend towards the top of Chola Pass to through rock steeps before drop down to the bottom of the pass. Cho-la pass is most of the time covered with blue ice. There are some hanging Buddhist prayer flags on the top of the pass, from where we can have tantalizing views of several mountains. After there, the trail gradually descends down all the way to Dzongla. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Dzongla-Via Labuche-Ghorshep (5,140m) 6 hours the walking.
From Dzongla, firstly we follow the trail heads towards Khumbu Glacier, we can see numerous memorials of people who died on the Expeditions. After crossing the glacier, within a few ascends and descends we reach Lobuche is a well-known place located along the route of classic Everest Base camp trek. After Lobuche, the trail leads us to reach Gorakshep. the day makes amazing splendid views of Mt.Everest, Mt.Nuptse, Mt. Pumori and many other snow-capped peaks. we arrive in Gorakshep. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Visit To Kalapatar (5,545m) And Labuche (4,910) 5 hours the walking.
We make an early morning hike towards Kalapatthar you enjoy with great sunrise views over Mt, Everest (8,848m) Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Makalu (8,481m)Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201m), and many other surrounding mountains. After having a quality time at Kalapatthar we descend down to Gorakshep. After breakfast, we head towards Lobuche.Stay overnight at lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Labuche-Kongmo-La Pass and Chhukung (4,730m) 8 hours the walking.
Early breakfast, we heading towards by east following the Khumbu Glacier. once we cross the glacier and river, the trail leads us towards last but not the least, challenging and adventurous pass the Kongmola Pass at (5,535m) which is the highest pass among three passes. From the top of the pass is the magnificent view over the high scenic mountains. After accomplish the challenging ascends towards the top, the trail immediately the starts drop down towards the Chhukung valley. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Hike up to Chhukung Ri and day rest.
Early breakfast and hike up to Chhukung Ri (5,550m) for acclimatization for Climbing (ISLAND PEAK). Stay overnight at the lodge,
- 16Day 16 : Chhukung Island Peak Base Camp (5,087m) 6/7 hours the walking.
From Chhukung we will trek on a trail that is a gradual ascend towards high Imja valley. We will have magnificent views of Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Island Peak ,and other surrounding high peaks. Then Our trek continues to the Island Peak Base camp. We will set up our camp of Island Peak south ridge beneath the giant wall of Nuptse and Lhotse. Overnight in the tent.
- 17Day 17 : Rest day at Island Peak Base Camp.
Now we are over 5000 meters from the sea level. So to avoid any kind of mental and physical illness we will take a rest here at the base camp before making the summit climb attempt of Island Peak. Our Sherpa will check our health conditions to make sure that everyone is fit for the main summit climb peak, they will also make necessary checks on climbing gears such as crampons, ice axes, harness, and other equipment. Overnight in the tent.
- 18Day 18 : Island Peak Summit day (6,189m) About 10 hours the walking.
Today we start Climb with fully equipped and we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. The strong winds, especially after midday, can really create obstacles reaching the summit. Following the guidance and instructions are given by our Experienced Sherpa climbers, we will tackle several technical sections and head towards the summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with breathtaking views of Mt Lhotse. Mt Makalu, Lhotse, Middle Peak, Lhotse Shar, Mt Nuptse, Mt Baruntse and other Peaks. We will spend short and quality time at the top of Island Peak and then descend following the same route back to base camp and overnight in the tent.
- 19Day 19 : Amphu Laptsa Base Camp Island Peak Base Camp (5,087m). 6 hours the walking.
From Island Peak Base camp 5 hours walking to Amphulaptsa Base camp overnight in the tent.
- 20Day 20 : Acclimatization day.
Today full acclimatization day and how to go over the pas (5,845m) we cheek it how much fix rope we need to fix for the tomorrow we get the best knowledge for the pass overnight in the tent.
- 21Day 21 : Amphulaptsa pass (6,845m) and North base camp (5,300m).6/7 hours the walking.
Today we start early for the crossing of the technically difficult and challenging alpine pass – Amphu Lapcha La Pass (5,845) meters. The pass is often covered with snow and ice, so moving one step at a time – we head towards the top of the pass. once at the top of the pass we are rewarded with magnificent views of surrounding high mountains overnight in the tent.
- 22Day 22 : Kongma Dingma - Seto Pokhari (4,825m) Via Honku Valley.6 hours the walking.
From Seto Pokhari our trek to Kongma Dingma North base camp overnight at the tent.
- 23Day 23 : Kongma Dingma Mera Base camp (5,300m).6 hours the walking.
From Kongma Dingma to Mera Peak Base camp overnight in the tent.
- 24Day 24 : Base Camp- Mera High Camp (5,700m) 4/5 hours the walking.
Leaving the base camp we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continue trekking along the rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak High Camp. Once at the high camp our Sherpa crew will quickly set up the camps and make necessary checks on our health conditions and climbing gears. From the high camp, we can enjoy amazing views of Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Baruntse and Chamlang. Overnight in the tent.
- 25Day 25 : (6,461m) Suumit Day To Mera Peak About 10 hours the walking.
Today atized we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Strong winds after midday can create obstacles in reaching the summit.We start around 2 in the morning and after having breakfast we climb up the glacier and onto a ridge. Following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert, we head towards Mera Peak summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular (8,000) meter peaks – Everest (8,848m), Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse(7,855m), and Chamlang (7,319m) After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route and head back to reach Khare. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 26Day 26 : Khare-Kothe 7 hours the walking.
Khare trek to Kothe (4,182m). Stay overnight at lodge.
- 27Day 27 : Kothe-Thulikharka-Zatrwa-La 7 hours the walking.
After breakfast trek to Thulikharka or Zatrawa La (4,610m). Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 28Day 28 : Zatrwa-La-Lukla 7 hours the walking.
From Zatrwa-La trek to Lukla this is your last walking day on your trip. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 29Day 29 : Lukla-Kathmandu.
From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 30Day 30 : Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel include with bed and breakfast.
- 31Day 31 : Departure.
after breakfast drive to international airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
- Arrival and departure transport Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- Full board meals Lunch-dinner Such as Nepali, Indian. Chinese and Italian, much more European food. with tea or coffee during the trek.
- Tented and Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- The license holder, Climbing Guide, and porters insurance, Equipment, day Salary, Food, and Accommodation.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Mera & Island Peak Climbing Permit fee.
- Garbage Deposit Fee.
- General Climbing equipment such as fix Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Plane Ticket.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance Policy encase if accident and high altitude Sickness Rescue Operation.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Soft drinks, Such as Beer, Coke, Fanta, Mineral water.
- Tips for trekking staff.
- Your personal equipment such as, Sleeping. Bag / Crampons / Harness ice axe, and ice hammer.
- Please don't forget to bring with you 4 passport of size pictures.