Upper Dolpo trekking is one of the most beautiful destinations for trekking lovers. It is one of the wonders of Nepal. The Upper Dolpo district is on the border of Nepal and Tibet, so people of Dolpo trade goods with Tibet and the lifestyle of the people is very similar to that of the Tibetan people. Specially Sherpa, Tibetan people live in Dolpo, Is cold desert so. Dolpo is rail adventurous and exciting trek in Nepal. worlds deepest lake Shey Phoksundo Lake also lies in Dolpa district which adds more excitement to your trip.
In this Dolpo Trekking, there are lots of passes which stand up to (5.ooom). After doing high passes you’ll get chance to see beautiful Mountains like Mt Kanjiroba and Dhaulagiri and lots of other minor Mountains. The lifestyle people of this place is very challenging. You’ll get the chance to see beautiful animals and other beauty of Upper Dolpo. After doing this Trekking you’ll feel relief and happy because the beauty of Upper Dolpo will blow your mind. one of most challenging and important place for Trekking in Nepal that’s why you have to be their once and sure you’ll not regrets. We already have done Upper Dolpa trekking many times so, we are experiencing it and recently we organize this trek with (French Alpine Club Group.
Note: For this trek, we advice 2-3 days extra in Kathmandu because if weather conditions are bad then you may have to wait in Nepalgunj for the fly to Juphal.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast. We need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu -Nepalgunj.
From Kathmandu day fly to Nepalgunj one hour and hotel include with Dinner. We may need an extra day because we depend upon weather condition while taking the flight to Dunai.
- 4Day 4 : Nepalgunj-Dunai (2,090m) Start Lower Dolpo trekking permit.
From Nepalgunj 35 minute Fly to Juphal then 3 and half hours walking to Dunai. Overnight at the tent.
- 5Day 5 : Dunai-Ankhe (2,618m).
From Dunai 4/5 hours to walking to Hanku overnight at the tent, We walked quite little because it is better to walk less in the 1st day.Overnight at the tent.
- 6Day 6 : Ankhe-Riji (3,011m).
Ankhe-Riji 5 hours walking. Overnight at the tent.
- 7Day 7 : Riji-Phoksundo lake (3,600m).
Reiji -Ringmo Phoksundo Lake 6 hours walking overnight at the tent. The Ringmo Phoksundo lake is the deepest lake in the world and itself is the wondering creation of nature. overnight at the tent.
- 8Day 8 : Rest day after lunch hiking to around the lake. Lower Dolpo trekking Permit is end now.
Today will be our rest day and can Visit Ringmo Village and can have mesmerizing views of dippest George of World. Phoksundo Lake is reached with everything and it carries religious Value. One of the most beautiful a Lake which changes color s according to climate. And rest day helps us for Acclimatize for the upcoming adventurous trial.Overnight at tent.
- 9Day 9 : Phoksundu lake to Mandala camp (4,570m) Upper Dolpo trekking permit start now.
From Ringmo Lake 6/7 hours walking to Mandala overnight at the tent. Mandala is a quites and nice place to have the campsite. Mandala lies just a downward of Mt, Kanjiraba(6883M) so in the morning time we wake up with the clear view of Mtkanjiroba.
- 10Day 10 : Mandala-Kang la Base camp (4,600m).
Mandala -Kang La Base camp overnight at the camp, Kang La Base camp 6/7 hours walking is very cold and windy place so the night will be little a more colder and it’ll better for us for tomorrow.
- 11Day 11 : Kang la Base camp to Shey Gompa (4,280m).
From Kang La base camp (5,240m) pass and the to Shey Gompa (4280 m.)overnight tent. Shey Gompa is the biggest Monasteries and the people of this area especially follow the Tibetan culture because the Tibetan Border is quite near so it’s their tradition of doing business with Tibetan People and it is easy for them to have Trade link with Tibetan Rather than Crossing pass and do Business in Nepal. 6 hours walking from Kang-La. Overnight at the tent.
- 12Day 12 : Shey Gompa-Num Gaun (4,380m).
From Shey Gompa Via Sela (gala) La pass (5,094m) and Nam Gaun overnight at the tent. Num Gaun is Very small valley rarely we can see 2/3 housed but the Ancient art of Monasteries built by Tibetan people at the bottom of the rock is the main part of attractions.
- 13Day 13 : Numgaun Yanger Gompa (3,890m).
From Numgaun to Yanger Gompa 6/7 hours walking overnight at the tent. Num Gaon to Yanger Gompa is the quite a long and hard day and after reaching Yanger Gomba the pain and Difficulty will go away because of the ancient art of Gumba and the People of this area who are Nepali and can’t speak Nepali due to the direct impact of nearby Tibetan Boarder.
- 14Day 14 : Yanger Gompa-Musi Gaun (4,913m).
Yanger Gompa to Musi Gaon is the easy day of trekking downwardand it’s a lunch camp only 4 hours walking so it is not so far and we take the way through Musi Khola. And we will take Rest because tomorrow we have to pass another high mountain called “Lang La pass”. And the Musi Gaon is the Nearest village to the Tibet border we can have little Hike around 1 hour to have a view of Tibet and Nepal Boarder. Overnight at the tent.
- 15Day 15 : Musi Gaun-Shim Gaun (3,950m).
From Musi Gaun Via Lang La pass (5,002m) and Shimen Gaun 7 hours walking overnight at the tent. Shimen Gaun is the large village where we will camp at the Local Primary School and can have new experience after involving with the people culture.
- 16Day 16 : Shim Gaun-Tinje (4,150m).
From Simen Gaun walking to Tinje 7/8 hours walking. Shimengaun to Tinje is the Flat surface way downward and we take way through Pinyan Khola and small vegetation can be found on the way. Overnight at the tent.
- 17Day 17 : Tinje-Kheng Khola (4,550m).
From Tinje ViA Nawl pass (4,550m) to Kheng Khola 7/8 hours walking overnight at the tent. After the pass, we walked for about 3 hours to reach our destination and it is a way of col desert with lots of wind.
- 18Day 18 : Khen Khola-Chharka Bhote (4,365m).
Kheng Khola VIA Charka pass Pass (5,036m)7/8 hours walking to the charka Bhote (4.365m) overnight at the tent. Charka Bhote is the place where we can find any basic needs and it is the large village and the people of this area is little more civilized so the night at the Charka Bhote is the memorable place for the Nepal trekking.
- 19Day 19 : Chharka bhote-Yak Khaka (4,780m).
Chharka Bhote walking to Yak Kharka (4,780m) 7/8 hours walking overnight at the tent. Yak Kharka is a very large green field and it’s called Yak Kharka because people with their Yak who came for business they used to stay there so it is called Yak Kharka.
- 20Day 20 : Yak Kharka-Sang dala phedi (5,111m) From here views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range.
Yak Kharka Via Thujeng La pass (5,490,m) and walking to Sangda Phedi 7/8 hours walking overnight at the tent. The Thujeng La pass is one of Hardest pass because this place is near to Mt Tashikang(6,383m),Tongu peak (6,197m),Hongdae peak (6,556m) and many more Mountains near to plan surface so cold wind blow by these Mountains makes us feel hard while doing Thujeng La pass and our Campsite will be Thujeng La Phedi river bank of the Ghudam Khola.
- 21Day 21 : Sangdala phedi-Sangdalk (2,900m)Your Upper Dolpo trekking permit is end now.
From the Sangdala La Phedi 7/8 hours walking to Sangdak Gaun (2,900m) overnight at the tent. Sangdak Gaun is the last vegetation which is similar to Tibetan and the last day of our upper Dolpo Circuit.
- 22Day 22 : Sangdak-Jomsom (2,710m).
From Sangdak Gaun-Jomsom 4/5 hours walking last day in your trip overnight lodge or camping, Sangdak Gaun to Jomsom is the way of passes because we have to cross 2/3 passes but it is not hard as we did before so we can get to Jomsom at the early time and can prepare for Last day celebration. Jomsom is the wonder Land where any type of Accommodation and facilities is available so we feel like we are in the different world after doing this trek.
- 23Day 23 : Jomsom -Pokhara (9,00m).
From Jomsom fly back to Pokhara and transfer to the hotel.
- 24Day 24 : Pokhara-Kathmandu.
From Pokhara bus to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 25Day 25 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 26Day 26 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to home
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu 4 Night with bed and breakfast.
- Dining Tent, Toilet tent, Two Men Tent, Mattress, and Kitchen Equipment.
- BREAKFAST/ Eggs Items, Toast or Tibetan bread or Pancakes or Chapati, with honey, Jam or butter.or Muesli.Cornflakes with hot Milk.
- LUNCH/ Nepali Dalbhat, Momo or other (Items).
- DINNER/ (Soup Items) Vege or Mushroom or Tomato or Chicken or Noodles with papad or popcorn, Dinner,Spaghetti,Sandwich or Chips,Pizza or Macroni or Chwmen or spring roll.
- HOT DRINKS/ Balck tea with milk, Black coffee with milk, Lemon tea or hot choclate.
- Licenses ‘holder Trekking Guide, Cook and Necessary Porters insurance, food, Salary, and accommodation.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj 1 Night with dinner.
- 1 Night hotel in Pokhara with bed and breakfast.
- Lower Dolpo Trekking Permit.
- 12 Days Upper Dolpo Special Trekking Permit.
- Dolpo and Annapurna National park Permit.
- Official Equipment Such as Fix Rope, Ice screw and Snow bar.
- Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Jufal-Jomsom -Pokhara Plane Ticket.
- Pokhara-Kathmandu Tourist bus.
- Lunch, Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your Travel Insurance Policy encase if accident and high altitude sickness.
- Your Trekking Equipment.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as: Beer, Coke,Fanta and Mineral waters.
- Tips for guide and Porters.
- Please bring with you 3 Passport size pictures
Je suis Accompagnateur en Montagne professionnel et membre actif du Club Alpin...Read More