Upper Mustang Trekking is a beautiful trekking route for foreigners and domestic tourists in Nepal. Mustang (Mun Tang) means “flat fertile” land in the Tibetan language. This Himalayan desert land is flat and fertile located in North-West of Nepal, behind the Annapurna Himalaya range. Mustang has its own and unique history. This is a part of Nepal and now allocated as an administrative district of Nepal but locals of Mustang still believe and respect to their king who is culturally respected and receive an honorary position. Mustang is rich in Tibetan culture and tradition. Every village has the most famous, old and impressive monasteries. This part of the country also became famous while Tibetan rebels (Khampas) capture this area and try to make it independent state after the Dalai Lama left Tibet. Naturally, it is a most beautiful place with low rainfall rate. You can do trekking during summer where less than 20 mm of rainfall per year. Now with road access, it is easier to do trekking in the Upper Mustang region.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Your Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast. We need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Bus or plane to Pokhara (900m).
From Kathmandu-Tourist bus or plan to Pokhara 200 km. Stey overnight at hotel.
- 4Day 4 : Pokhara- Jomsom and Kagbeni (2,800m).
From Pokhara, early morning flight to Jomsom and we took breakfast then trekking to Kagbeni 3 hours walking. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Chele (3,000m) 6 hours walking from Kagbeni.
Kagbeni-Chele (3,000m). Gradual ascent towards the Tibetan plateau in the grandiose canyons and hoodoos. Stay overnight at lodge.
Your Especial Trekking permit verifies here.
- 6Day 6 : Ghilling (3,500m) 6 hours.
Chele-Gelling. After crossing a pass where we discover the Himalayas and the Nilgiris Tilicho, then down to the village of Samar (3,300 m) which serves to stop many caravans of horses that roam the countries. The road then climbs for 2 h among the junipers to 3,800 m, ranges between 3800 m and 3,600 m, before descending to Gelling. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Tsarang (3,500m) 6 hours.
Gheling to Chorang. Passage Nyi La Pass (3,840 m) and descent Tsarang where we visit the monastery which houses a fine collection of statues and thanks and large murals of Buddha seated. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Lho-Manthang (3,790m) 5 hours.
Chorang-Lhomanthang. After a pass at 3,850m, we find the monastery gray and red Namgyal summer residence of the kings of the Mustang and, somewhat later, the city once prohibited Lhomanthang dominated by the old fort. His current wealth comes largely from the time the trade with Tibet was the flourishing salt wool. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Explore -Lho-Manthang.
Lhomanthang is a beautiful walled of the remote upper Mustang region in Nepal. There are three Gumpas of the town Name is Jhampa, (Thupchen Gumpa and Chhoeda Gumpa.You can also visit the village and people lifestyle nearly Tibetan, because of the not far away to Nepal and Tibet border. After visiting then back to lodge. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Yara (3,700m) 5/6 hours.
After breakfast, our trek continues Yara including the view of Mustang valley. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Tangya (3,550m) 7 hours.
From Yara trek to Tangy today lunch place is not available so, we carry pack lunch and the beautiful view of both site of Mustang Valley. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Titang (3,300m) 6 hours.
From Tangy trek to Te Tang we have the nice walk to the Te Tang, Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Muktinath (3,800m) 6 hours .Special Trekking Permit end from here.
After breakfast, our trekking starts to Muktinath and views of Mountain and Upper Mustang last part. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Muktinath-Jomsom.5 hours.
Before the breakfast visit to Muktinath temple and trek to Jomsom, your last trekking day on your trip. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Plane from Jomsom.
From Jomsom fly back to Pokhara and transfer to hotel.
After checking your room the free visit to Pokhara Lake side.
- 16Day 16 : Pokhara Kathmandu.
From Pokhara bus or plane to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 17Day 17 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel include with bed and breakfast.
- 18Day 18 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
- Arrival and Departure Transport Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights.
- Hotel in Pokhara with bed and breakfast 2 Nights.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
- BREAKFAST/(Eggs and Toast/ Tibetan bread Or Pancake/Or Chapati with honey,Jam Butter or Muesli, corn flakes with hot milk.
- LUNCH/ Nepali Dalbhat, Momo or other (Items).
- DINNER/ (Soup Items) Vege/ Or Moshrom/ Or Tomato/ Or Chicken/ Or Noodles with papad or pop con, (Dinner) Spaghettis and sandwich/ Or Macroni and Chips/ Or Pizza and Chowmen
- HOT DRINKS/ Tea Or coffee.
- Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- License holder Trekking Guide during the trek, the required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary and insurance.
- (Mustang Special) Trekking Permit.
- Annapurna conservation Park permit fee.
- Flight Ticket for Pokhara –Jomsom – Pokhara.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel Insurance Policy if encase accident and high altitude sickness.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your Country.
- Will require 2 Passport size photos.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as: Beer, Coke, Fanta and Mineral water.
- Personal Trekking Equipment's.
- Tips for Trekking staff.