Kanchenjunga trek is an unspoiled and well-preserved trekking destination in Nepal. Which lacks the modern tourism infrastructure and works as a pleasure of adventure to trekkers from all around the world. Kanchenjunga lies in the north and the Far East of the Himalayan belt dividing Nepal and Skim. The adventure trail leads to the north and south base camp of the world’s third tallest mountain Mt Kanchenjunga (8,586m). It is the one and only trekking in the world where you can visit both sides of a mountain in a single Trek.
Kanchenjunga trek is actually named after its name was “KANCHENDZONGA” which means five jewels of a snow peak. Kanchenjunga was officially started for tourists in 1988 and since then it has been one of the most adventurous trials. The remoteness of the region, the physical and mental endurance trekkers need to overcome all the difficulty of the trek makes it one of the desirable peaks of Nepal.
Camping at the Lhonak
The typical lifestyle of Sherpa, Limbu people, the flora and fauna, isolated monastery, the majestic mountain range, and the higher passes make it a very scintillating trek. Overall it is the most important trekking destination to know more about Nepal’s mountains and the culture of the people influenced by both Tibetan and Indian culture. It is also a one-lifetime experience that can only imagine exploring in another part of Nepal.
One Note: During the Kanchenjunga circuit trek at the Lhonak everybody will have facial swelling for only 3/4 hours.
How to go Kanchenjunga trekking:
Kanchenjunga trek itinerary begins from Kathmandu to Taplejung bus or plane and then we continue our journey to massif Kanchenjunga. We follow deep ravines, a forest of bamboo, and rhododendron and larch pine forest to the Tibetan valley of Ghunsa. Our most important acclimatizing point before heading for the North base camp of Kanchenjunga we spend a night at Pangpema (5,160m).
Return back from Pang pema
The panorama of Mt Kanchenjunga and Chang Himal dominate the Lhonak and Pangpema which is overwhelming virtually. The adventure passes through Selele pass (4,480m) surpass Mirgg la pass (4,820m) to stream another beautiful point before heading Kanchenjunga south base camp. Then we continue along the route to the south base camp following addictive scenery. The view of Himalayan Thar adds nothing but excitement. The trail passes through the Yalung glacier to reach the South base camp of Kanchenjunga.
Then we descend down following the route to Taplejung via Yamphuden. Yak Kharkha to Taplejung via Sukyatar where we can look at the airport which is not working. A day after drive back to Kathmandu. So what are you waiting to join us and explore Nepal trekking from different Perspectives?
Note: It is tough trekking in Nepal, so you need to have experience of mountain and camping trekking before. For your comfort, we can change or modify our itinerary on the way too with the help of our skillful and experienced Guide and trekking Leader.
Kanchenjunga trek cost 2277 US$ per person. In this budget, Nepal Alsace Trek includes the Kanchenjunga special trekking permit, Park permit, Accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Necessary Local transport, Experience guide, and Porter salary insurance during the trek. We also include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
For a single person, the cost of his trek will increase by 250 US$.
Welcome to the far western Kanchenjunga trek, We organize a tea house trek until 5 Pax after 6 people we do organize by camping trek because the Kanchenjunga trekking route there are not many lodges like has Everest, Langtang, and Annapurna region. Thank you for choosing us we have qualified Esperance Guide, Sherpa, and porters as well.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes Breakfast. We need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Night from bus Kathmandu.
Night bus from Kathmandu VIA Chitwan-Jhapa-Birtamod about 14 hours, dinner will be on the way hotel.
- 4Day 4 : Birta mode to Taplejung (1,820m)
From Birtamod local bus to Taplejung about 7/8 hours | Stay a night at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Taplejung to Phurumbu (1,542m) only 4 hours walking.
After breakfast trek to Phurumbu easy walking day.
Today you can see the Kanchenjunga and Kumvakarna | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Phurumbu to Chhiruwa (1,270m) 6 hours.
Phurumbu-Chhiruwa via Sisne Khola and big Lumbu village | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Chhiruwa to Sekhathum (1,575m) 6 hours.
Chhiruwa-Sekhathum after walking a while we can see a beautiful valley and waterfal | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Sekhathum to Amjilapsa (2,038m) 5 hours.
Sekhathum-Amjilapsa after 25 minutes we walk up and have a little view of Kumvakarna | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Amjilapsa to Kyabla (2,730m) 4 hours.
Amjilapsa-Kyabla today after breakfast easy way to reach the kyabla, not the long way | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Kyabla to Ghunsa (3,595m) 5 hours.
From Kyabla to Ghunsa which is the best place in Trekking place. Between Kyabla & Ghunsa there is a place called Phale where Tibetan people live and they sell nice Carpets & prices are less than Kathmandu. Phale is one of the Centers of the Tibet border and from Phale the trail goes Lumba Sumba pass to Makalu & Way to Kanchenjunga trekking towards Ghunsa | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Rest day at Ghunsa.
This is very important that a beautiful place for a rest day. You may visit the village, monastery and etc. Your Kanchenjunga special trekking Permit also will be verified there | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Ghunsa to Khambachen (4,050m) 6 hours.
Ghunsa -Khambachen From Lodge you have the great view of the (Janu Himal Kumvakarna (7,710m) Phale Peak (6,645m) Sobithongie (6,670m) & Khabur Peak (6,332m) | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Khambachen to Lhonak (4,780m) 4 h,30.
Kambachen - Lhonak (4,780m) & you can see view Kanchenjunga from right side Wedge Peak (6,750m) Ramtang Peak (6,700m) Table Shikha (6,510m) from the Left side view of the Nupchu Peak (6,044m), Tanjung Peak (6,097m) and Dango Peak (6,250m) | Stay overnight at similar Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Day Visit to Pangpema (5,143m) and back to Lhonak.
Pangpema is another beautiful place to visit it takes 6 hours to go & return. You have a wonderful View of the Kanchenjunga Base camp Glacier, Nepal Peak, and Pathibhara Himal and Kanchenjunga | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lhonak to Ghunsa 9 hours.
Lhonak-Ghunsa long way descending back to the Ghunsa | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Ghunsa to Selle Base Camp-(3,700m).
From Ghunsa 4 hours walking to Selele base camp | Stay overnight at the small Lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Base camp to Tseram (3,870m) 7 hours.
From Selele base camp 7/8 hours walking to Tseram (3,870m) From Selle if the weather is fine you can see world top Mt Everest After passing Selle pass (4,480m), Sinelapche La (4,646m) | Stay overnight at a similar Lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Base camp to Ramche (4,580m) Visit day
Tseram to Ramche, after Lunch we visit the Oktang, have a view of Kanchenjunga South Ynalug Kang (8,505m) Kumbhakarna many more snow peaks are very close and return back to Ramche | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Ramche to Lasydanda (3,310) 7 hours.
Ramche-Lasyadanda | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Lasya danda to Yamphudin (2,080m) 6 hours.
Lasyadanda-trek to Yamphudin | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 21Day 21 : Yamphudin to Pumphe (1,854m) 6/7 hours.
Yamphudin Pumphedanda | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 22Day 22 : Pumphe to Sinchuwa (2,129m) 6/7 hours.
Pumphedanda Sinchuwa Bhanjyang | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 23Day 23 : Sinchuwa to Lalikharka (2,711m) 6/7 hours.
Sinchuwa Bhanjyang-Lalikharka | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 24Day 24 : 6 hours.
Lali Kharka-Taplejung | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 25Day 25 : Night bus.
From Taplejung we taking a night bus via Phedem-Ilam.
- 26Day 26 : Via Damak Chitwan.
Arrival at Kathmandu 9 am and transfer to the hotel.
- 27Day 27 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 28Day 28 : Enjoy back to the home
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for Your scheduled flight back to the home
Kanchenjunga trekking cost 2,277 $ Per person
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights
- Camping or Lodge Including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Such as: Italian, Chinese, Indian, Nepali many more European food
- Lodge or Tented accommodation During the trek
- License holder Trekking Guide during the trek., Required number of porters, food, accommodation, salary, insurance
- Special trekking permits Kanchenjunga and park fee
- Bus Trasport from Kathmandu- Birtamode-Taplejung-Birtamode-Kathmandu
Kanchenjunga trekking cost Excludes
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Your Travel Insurance Policy incase is accident high Altitude Sickness Rescue operation
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country
- Soft and hard drinks Such as: Beer, Coke,Fanta and Minerail waters
- Personal Trekking Equipment
- Tips for Nepali staff
- Please bring with you 6 passport size pictures
September to 10 December and March to May.
Day time normal and during Night 5-10 degree at Lhonak and Tesram
The cost of the Kanchenjunga trek is 2,277 US$ per person
Especial Trekking permit and Kanchenjunga park permit.
Yes, If you take a Guide and porter then very safe trip all the trekking in Nepal. It is better to book your trip with an agency if something happens then easy to solve any problem and full responsibility from Trekking agency.
There is every village has a clean lodge and foods are Chinese, Nepali, Tibetans, Indian, and Italian dishes.
5/7 hours of walking per day.
It is very far way from Kathmandu | Kanchenjunga is the nearby India Sikim border.
During the Kanchenjunga trek at the Lhonak everybody will have face swelling only 3/4 hours.
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. +, walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.
Feels like hangover & Feeling not good/ Headache/ Shortness of Breath/ Loss of appetite/ Sleep not good/ vomiting/ fevers etc.
Yes, if a woman travels alone to Nepal no problem but you take a guide or porter from a registered trekking agency because the trekking company is fully responsible for trekking and Mountain climbing. Our agency staff always take care of you, and they will provide you a single room single tent during the tea house trek and during the climbing trek. But if you contact freelance Guide then you get many problems they try to make chit for a single woman. Therefore if you book guide porter with un agency then it is good safe your Holyday travel to Nepal.
Kanchenjunga, Ganesh Himal, and Tamang Heritage I am just coming back from...Read More