Langtang valley trekking lies to the north of Kathmandu. It is one of the nearest and most visited trekking destinations because of the unique blend of adventure it offers. Tibetan influenced village with a diverse landscape, the culture of the ancient time. The hospitality of the local people, Flora and fauna and the huge mountain range make it once in a lifetime opportunity to explore another precious trekking route of Nepal. It is one of most protected National park of Nepal because of the easy access to Tibet border. It is home for different rare animals like black beer, musk deer and especially Red panda. So, to discourage illegal hunting of such rare animal and control border we have to go through many checkpoints.
According to legend, Tibetan lama teacher who was pursuing his runway yak discovered Langtang. So, they called LANG mean “yak” in Tibetan and TANG (dang) actually its dang mean “follow”. In such a historic way Langtang was discovered and named.
Langtang valley trek offers subtropic to alpine climate zone with majestic view of Langtang Lirung(7234m),Langtang RI(7205m), Dorje Lakpa(6966m), Kangchhangbo (6387m), Changbu(6781m), Langshisha RI(6427m) and many more snow-capped mountains on the trial will only add excitement in our journey.
Langtang valley trek itinerary begins from Kathmandu drive to Dhunche– Syabrubensi for 8/9 hours. We slowly follow the hiking trail following small villages, scattered farmlands, and terrace into pristine ancient Tamang village. And gradually gain height before entering majestic Langtang valley. Our highest elevation point is Tserko Ri (5033m) our best viewpoint to have a 360-degree view of Langtang massif.
NOTE: After the earthquake, there was avalanche in Langtang valley which totally destroyed Langtang. It killed more than 268 people 178 Langtang resident, 80 foreigners, and 10 army person. So local people are still willing to re-start and overcome from such a tragedy. Buy goods during this trek to help and support the Langtang valley and make it stronger and happier again.
For Langtang valley trekking, the cost listed on our site US$ 702: Per person minimum 2 people in the group, we included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Necessary trekking -permits, Local transport, Experienced guide, Porters, Salary, Insurance, and hotel in Kathmandu as per our itinerary. Our service doesn’t include international air ticket, tips for working staff, travel insurance, Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
For a single person, Additional cost 200$.
Our agency provides a guide and porter.
- 1Day 1 : Kathmandu arrival (1300m)
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu –Syabrubensi (1600m)
From Kathmandu, 9 hours drive the bus to Syabrubensi. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Sybrubensi-Lama hotel (2410m)
After breakfast, our trekking starts at the Lama hotel. we descend through bamboos and Rhododendron forest. After crossing the bridge over Langtang Khola then we ascent on a steep trail which leads us to the Lam hotel 6 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Lamahotel-Mondo (3,340m)
We continue ascending from Lama hotel and enjoy the mountain landscape and waterfalls then we reach the green meadows Ghora Tabela and offers us beautiful Himalayan Snow peaks and the Buddhist monastery 6 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Mondo-Kangjin Gompa (3,710m)
Our Journey to the Kangjin Gompa we pass the mini Chorten made from stone then we reach the Kangjin Gompa 3 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Visit to Trego Ri (4,900m) about 6 hours both way
Visit Trego Ri -Have an amazing view of Langtang Lirung, Langtang Ri, Langsisa Ri, Kang Chhangbo, Nayankhanga Peak, Yala peak and many more snow Peaks. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Lama hotel
Back down to the Lamahotel for about 5 hours. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Lamahotel-Thulo Syabru (2,020m)
Trek to Thulo Syabru 6 hours walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Dhunche (2900m)
5 hours walking from Tholo Syabru to Dhunche. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Today is your last walking day on your trip.
- 10Day 10 : Bus to Kathmandu
From Dhunche 7 hours drive the bus to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- 11Day 11 : KathmanduYour free day at Kathmandu hotel including bed and breakfast.
- 12Day 12 : Departure
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport service in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary.
- A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek.
- Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Langtang National park entry permit and TIMS Card.
- All Necessary local bus transportation during the trek.
- English- speaking –Government licensed holder trekking guide.
- Over the 6 Pax group, we will provide you experience mountain Leader, who have best trained Hotel Management (NATHM) Mountain Leader Course, Component 1-2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue Training and Basic Mountaineering training etc.
- Necessary porters-Insurance, Salary and they are accommodation during the trek.
- Company paper working and Government taxes etc.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- International air ticket, Nepal Visa fee, your travels insurance, medical and emergency case.
- Personal expenses, bars bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, and any drinks.
- Tips for Guide & porters.
- During the trek, if due to the wither problems or you want to return earlier than scheduled the balance are not refundable, please.