Upper Dolpo Trekking
Upper Dolpo trekking is a highly saturated and Tibetan influence in the culture of the upper part of the Dolpo district Karnali Zone Nepal. It is still considered an untouched and less crowded trekking route in Nepal. Geologically part of the sedimentary Tibetan Tethys zone, many majestic mountains surround this trekking route including giant Dhaulagiri, which acts as a barrier to the flow of the cloud it brings a semi-arid climate causing less amount of rainfall, reportedly annual precipitation of fewer than 500 millimeters. As a result, it is a cold desert in Nepal.
Upper Dolpo Trekking
It enables the trekkers to travel around the monastery, crystal mountain, majestic Mt.Kanjirowba and the deepest Lake Shey Phuksundo, and the ancient Tibetan lifestyle. The diverse landscape of the untouched and unexplored flora and fauna add nothing but the enthusiasm in our trek.
Upper Dolpo Trekking
People are adherents of Bon.
The religion predates Buddhism, But whose modern form is officially accepted as a fifth school of Tibetan Buddhism. The remote reason is preserving its Tibetan culture in relatively pure form making it attractive, and unique to westerners Dolpo. This is the only trekking that offers a unique of diverse Tibetan culture amazingly and different from other Tibetan influenced regions of Nepal. It is a pure form of being in the wilderness, as a result, it is difficult for accommodation. Lack of other tourism infrastructure is totally non-existent and organizing camping trek is a must while doing the Dolpo trek.
How to go
Upper Dolpo Trekking
By plane Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal- Dunai, which is the center of Lower Dolpo and Upper Dolpo. The trail passes through the various beautiful landscape to the sight of gigantic Mountain Ranges. Passing through mix forest and arid landscape leads to Ringmo and pristine Say Phoksundo Lake and passes through an indigenous culture. The Buddhist Gombas Monastery where Crystal Mountain embedded with semi-precious stones an ancient and historical places. Upper Dolpo trekking passes through ethnic Buddhist inhabitant village. Where people only do speak the Tibetan language. Yanger Gomba leads us to Musi Gaun the last settlement before Tibet, and we can hike to see the Tibet border. So, our trek keeps continuing crossing through Sangdala pass (5,111m) to Jomsom. Jomsom is the main hub of Upper Mustang trek, Tilicho pass trek, Dhaulagiri pass, Thapa peak climbing, and Annapurna circuit.
How much cost for the Upper Dolpo Trek?
Lower Dolpo Trekking Permit cost one week | 20 US$
Upper Dolpo Trekking permit cost 13 days | 650 US$
Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Jupal -Jomsom Pokhara plane ticket cost |453 US$
8 Days Extra porter cost from Jomsom Dunai |391 US$ for minimum 2 Pax group.
23 Days Upper Dolpo trek cost | 2604 US$ | Manage Guide, Porters, Transports, Hotel, Vegetables, camping charge, Kitchen charge and other necessary foods.
Possibility of the Agricultures: Thre are only the Buckwheat, Millet, Mustard, Wheat Potatoes and round Radishes are available here.
Phoksundo is a village development committee located at the village of Ringmo. In the Dolpo District is the Karnali Zone far northwestern Nepal.
The best time to do Upper Dolpo trekking is from August to mid-October and May to June.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes bed and breakfast. We need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
From Kathmandu day flight to Nepalgunj, 1 hour and hotel include Dinner. We may need an extra day because if the weather condition is bad.
- 4Day 4 : Nepalgunj to Dunai (2,090m) Start Lower Dolpo trekking permit.
From Nepalgunj 35 minute Fly to Juphal then 3 and a half hours walking to Dunai >>Overnight at the tent.
- 5Day 5 : Dunai to Ankhe (2,618m).
From Dunai 4/5 hours to walking to Hanku overnight at the tent, We walked quite little because it is better to walk less in the 1st day | Overnight at the tent.
- 6Day 6 : Ankhe-Riji (3,011m).
Ankhe to Riji 5 hours walking | Overnight at the tent.
- 7Day 7 : Riji to Phoksundo lake (3,600m).
Reiji -Ringmo Phoksundo Lake 6 hours walking. The Ringmo Phoksundo lake is the deepest lake in the world and itself is the wondering creation of nature | overnight at the tent.
- 8Day 8 : Rest day after lunch hiking to around the lake. Lower Dolpo trekking Permit is end now.
Today will be our rest day and can Visit Ringmo Village and can have mesmerizing views of dippest George of World. Phoksundo Lake is reached with everything and it carries religious Value. One of the most beautiful a Lake which changes color s according to climate. And rest day helps us for Acclimatize for the upcoming adventurous trial | Overnight at the tent.
- 9Day 9 : Phoksundu lake to Mandala camp (4,570m) Upper Dolpo trekking permit start now.
From Ringmo Lake 6/7 hours walking to Mandala overnight at the tent. Mandala is a quites and nice place to have the campsite. Mandala lies just a downward of Mt, Kanjiraba(6883M) so in the morning time we wake up with the clear view of Mtkanjiroba.
- 10Day 10 : Mandala to Kang La Base camp (4,600m).
Mandala to Kang La Base camp 6/7 hours walking is the very cold and windy place so the night will be little a colder and it’ll better for us for tomorrow | Stay overnight at tent.
- 11Day 11 : Kang La Base camp to Shey Gompa (4,280m).
From Kang La base camp (5,240m) pass and the to Shey Gompa (4,280 m). Shey Gompa is the biggest Monasteries and the people of this area especially follow the Tibetan culture because the Tibetan Border is quite near so it’s their tradition of doing business with Tibetan People and it is easy for them to have Trade link with Tibetan Rather than Crossing pass and do Business in Nepal. 6 hours walking from Kang-La | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 12Day 12 : Shey Gompa to Num Gaun (4,380m).
From Shey Gompa Via Sela (gala) La pass (5,094m) Num Gaun is a Very small valley rarely we can see 2/3 housed but the Ancient art of Monasteries built by Tibetan people at the bottom of the rock is the main part of attractions>> Stay overnight at the tent.
- 13Day 13 : Numgaun to Yanger Gompa (3,890m).
From Numgaun to Yanger Gompa 6/7 hours walking to Yanger Gompa is the quite a long and hard day and after reaching Yanger Gomba the pain and Difficulty will go away because of the ancient art of Gumba and the People of this area they are Nepali but can’t speak Nepali due to the direct impact of nearby Tibetan Border >> Stay overnight at the tent.
- 14Day 14 : Yanger Gompa to Musi Gaun (4,913m).
Yanger Gompa to Musi Gaon is the easy day of trekking downward and it’s a lunch camp only 4 hours walking so it is not so far and we take the way through Musi Khola. And we will take Rest because tomorrow we have to pass another high mountain called “Lang La pass”. And the Musi Gaon is the Nearest village to the Tibet border we can have little Hike around 1 hour to have a view of Tibet and Nepal Border | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 15Day 15 : Musi Gaun to Shim Gaun (3,950m).
From Musi Gaun Via Lang La pass (5,002m) and Shimen Gaun 7 hours walking, Shimen Gaun is the large village where we will camp at the Local Primary School and can have new experience after involving with the people culture | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 16Day 16 : Shim Gaun to Tinje (4,150m).
From Simen Gaun walking to Tinje 7/8 hours walking. Shimengaun to Tinje is the Flat surface way downward and we take the way through Pinyan Khola and small vegetation can be found on the way | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 17Day 17 : Tinje to Kheng Khola (4,550m).
From Tinje ViA Nawal pass (4,550m) to Kheng Khola 7/8 hours walking, After the Nawal pass, we walked for about 3 hours to reach our destination and it is a way of col desert with lots of wind | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 18Day 18 : Khen Khola to Chharka Bhote (4,365m).
Kheng Khola VIA Charka pass Pass (5,036m) 7/8 hours walking to the charka Bhote (4.365m) Charka Bhote is the place where we can find any basic needs and it is the large village and the people of this area is little more civilized so the night at the Charka Bhote is the memorable place for the Upper Dolpo trekking | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 19Day 19 : Chharka bhote to Yak Khaka (4,780m).
Chharka Bhote walking to Yak Kharka (4,780m) 7/8 hours walking. Yak Kharka is a very large green field and it’s called Yak Kharka because people with their Yak who came for the business they used to stay there so it is called Yak Kharka | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 20Day 20 : Yak Kharka to Sang dala phedi (5,111m) From here views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range.
Yak Kharka Via Thujeng La pass (5,490,m) and walking to Sangda Phedi 7/8 hours walking, The Thujeng La pass is one of Hardest pass because this place is near to Mt Tashikang (6,383m),Tongu peak (6,197m),Hongdae peak (6,556m) and many more Mountains near to plan surface so cold wind blow by these Mountains makes us feel hard while doing Thujeng La pass and our Campsite will be Thujeng La Phedi riverbank of the Ghudam Khola | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 21Day 21 : Sangdala phedi to Sangdalk village (2,900m)Your Upper Dolpo trekking permit is end now.
From the Sangdala La Phedi 7/8 hours walking to Sangdak village (2,900m). Sangdak Gaun is the last vegetation which is similar to Tibetan and the last day of our upper Dolpo Circuit | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 22Day 22 : Sangdak to Jomsom (2710m).
From Sangdak Gaun-Jomsom 4/5 hours walking last day in your trip, Jomsom is the way of passes because we have to cross 2/3 passes but it is not hard after we can get to Jomsom at the early time and can prepare for Last day celebration at Jomsom is the wonder Land where any type of Accommodation and facilities is available so we feel like we are in a different world after doing this trek >>Stay overnight at the tent or Lodge.
- 23Day 23 : Jomsom to Pokhara (900m).
From Jomsom fly back to Pokhara and transfer to the hotel. After check-in hotel then a free visit to beautiful Pokhara.
- 24Day 24 : Pokhara to Kathmandu.
From Pokhara Tourist bus to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 25Day 25 : Your safety at Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 26Day 26 : Enjoy your flight back to home
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to the home
THE COST INCLUDED.
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu 4 Night with bed and breakfast.
- Dining Tent, Toilet tent, Two Men Tent, Mattress, and Kitchen Equipment.
- BREAKFAST/ Eggs Items, Toast or Tibetan bread or Pancakes or Chapati, with honey, Jam or butter.or Muesli.Cornflakes with hot Milk.
- LUNCH/ Nepali Dalbhat, Momo or other (Items).
- DINNER/ (Soup Items) Vege or Mushroom or Tomato or Chicken or Noodles with papad or popcorn, Dinner, Spaghetti, Sandwich or Chips, Pizza or Macaroni or Chwmen or spring roll.
- HOT DRINKS/ Balck tea with milk, Black coffee with milk, Lemon tea or hot chocolate.
- Licenses ‘holder Trekking Guide, Cook and Necessary Porters insurance, food, Salary, and accommodation.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj 1 Night with dinner.
- 1 Night hotel in Pokhara with bed and breakfast.
- Lower Dolpo Trekking Permit 10: US$ Per person.
- 13 Days Upper Dolpo Special Trekking Permit 650: US$ per person.
- Dolpo and Annapurna National park Permit.5500 Nepali RS Per person.
- Official Equipment Such as Fix Rope, Ice screw and Snow bar.
- Kathmandu-Nepalgunj -164-US$ Per person.
- Nepalgunj-Juphal -164-US$ Per person.
- Jomsom -Pokhara -125-US$ Per person.
- Pokhara-Kathmandu Tourist bus.
THE COST EXCLUDED
- Lunch, Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your Travel Insurance Policy encase if the accident or high altitude sickness.
- Your Trekking Equipment.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as Beer, Coke, Fanta and Mineral waters.
- Tips for guide and Porters.
- Please bring with you 3 Passport size pictures
June to September
Day time normal and during Night 3-12 degree.
Lower Dolpo Trekking Permit cost one week | 20 US$ Upper Dolpo Trekking permit for the 13 days | 650 US$ Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Jupal -Jomsom Pokhara plane ticket cost |453 US$ 8 Days Extra porter cost from Jomsom Dunai |391 US$ for minimum 2 Pax group. Trekking management cost for the 21 days | 2604 US$
Phoksandu National park Permit. A/KP Lower and Upper Dolpo Especial Trekking permit
Yes, You need a guide, cook, Porter, very safe travel and important
Chinese, Nepali, Tibetans, Indian and Italian dish with coffee and Tea
5/8 hours of walking per day.
There is six passé Kangla (5,240m) Sela pass (5,009m) Lang la pass (5,240m) Nawla pass (4,500m) Chharka pass (5,036m) Thujeng la pass (5,490m)
It is far west of the Nepal border of Tibet.
Thy Speaks little Nepali and well speaks Tibetan.
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport size photo. Occupation. Home details address. Insurance copy
During the Upper Dolpo trek, you need to fly 3 times-Kathmandu -Nepalgunj-Juphal and Jomsom to Pokhara
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. +, walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket over 4,000 meters. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.
7 Person Group Camping Trek Je suis Accompagnateur en Montagne professionnel et...Read More