Basantapur Kanchenjunga Trek
Basantapur Kanchenjunga trek is a very wild, rather unknown trek that explores remote valleys near the border of China and India. It leads you to the north and south base camp of Kangchenjunga. Basantapur. Kanchenjunga Trek is an interesting Mediocre Pass Trekking in Nepal.
During this trek, you are sure to visit much-uncrowded areas and cross typical Tibetan villages. Which carries you a long time before at the beginning of the previous century.
Info Bashantapur Kanchenjunga trek isn’t difficult, because some tracks are not very much used. The weather can be a little bit rainy or snowy in high areas. The cold when you are in altitude you are rather isolated and remote.
So in brief, the Bashantapur Kanchenjunga trek area is not loke as a standard trek as Annapurna, Everest and Langtang trek. But be sure to do something unusual and wild, far away from the crowded routes.
About this unusual trek, we chose to do the complete routes, the north, and the south ones. Beginning from Basantapur and finishing at Tapeljung after having gone up to Pangpema, the north Kangchenjunga BC, and Oktang BC at the foot of the huge Kanchenjunga south base camp face of this giant. This (8,586m) peak is the second-highest one in Nepal after the Everest (8,848m) and the third one in the world after the K2 (8,611m) (Pakistan).
Kangchenjunga in Nepali means “five snow treasures” with reference to the five summits more than (8,000m). South, central, north, Yalung Khang, which compose this huge barrier on the Sikkim border.
Note that during the Kanchenjunga trek at the Lhonak everybody will have face swelling only for 3/4 hours.
Bashantapur Kanchenjunga trek will cost 2410 US$ per person minimum of 2 people in the group. For a single person, the cost of his trek will increase by 300 US$.
Regarding the price, Nepal Alsace trek includes Trekking permit, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accommodation at Local Lodge, Guide, Porter, Transport and hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu .
Your Free day at Kathmandu Overnight at hotel include bed and Breakfast, we need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for the your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Drive to Hile by bus (1850m).
After Lunch drive by Night bus to Helle with our staff VIA Chitwan, Itahari, Damak, Dharan, Dhankuta and Hele, Basantapur about 19 hours.
- 4Day 4 : Arrive Basantapur (2,200m).
At 8 am you arrival at Basantapur and Rest day because You need rest after a long drive and uncomfortable sleep on the bus and | Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Basantapur-Chauki (2,680m).
From Basantapur 5 hours walking to Chauki. If the weather is good to have views of Kanchenjunga (8,586m) and Makalu (8,463m) | Stay overnight at the local Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Chauki-Guphapokhari (2,900m).
From Chuki 5/6 hours walking to Guphapokhari and walking with wonderful views of Mountain Kanchenjunga | Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Guphapokhari-Gurja Gaun (2,000m).
After breakfast, trek to Gupha Pokhari 5 hours walking to Gurja Gaun | Stay overnight at the local Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Gurja Gun- Dovan (780m).
From Gurja Gaun 5 hours walking to Dovan River site overnight at the Lodge. Dovan is a very low altitude place most of the people are Rai and Limbu | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Dovan -Mittlung (921m).
From Gurja Gaun 6/7 hours walking to Mittlung in the Autumn, you should cross one river which is very strong before reaching Mittlung | Stay overnight at the Local Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Mittlung-Chhiruwa (1270m).
From Mitlung 6 hours walking to Chhiruwa, It is near the River, People living Rai, Tamang, and Limbu ethnic group living | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Chiruwa-Shekhathum (1660m).
From Chhiruwa 6 hours walking to Shekhathum | Stay overnight at the local Lodge. from the lodge, you can see a little part of (Janu Himal)
- 12Day 12 : Shekhathum-Amji Lapsa (1251m).
From Shekhathum 5/6 hours walking to Amji Lapsa. Today the trail is not far, but most of the uphill way to Amjilapsa | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Amjilapsa-Kyabla La (2730m).
From Amjilapsa 4/5 hours walking to Kyabla-La today, not far way to go Kyabla easy walk and nice place, you can relax out of the lodge in day times | Stay overnight at the local Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Kyapla- Ghunsa (3595m).
From Kyapla only 5 hours walking to Ghunsa which is the best place of Trekkers. Between Kyabla & Ghunsa there is a place called Phale, where Tibetan people live & they Sales nice Carpets & prices are less than Kathmandu. Phale is one of the Centers of the Tibet Border, from Phale the trail goes Lumba Sumba pass to Makalu & Way to Kanchenjunga trekking | Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Rest day at Ghunsa.
This is a very important and beautiful place for a rest day. You may visit the village, monastery and etc. Your Kanchenjunga special trekking Permit also will be verified there | Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Ghunsa-Khambachen (4,099m).
From Ghunsa 5/6 hours walking to Khambachen, from the lodge, you get a view of the (Janu Himal Kumbhakarna (7,710m,) Phale Peak (6,645m) Sobithongie (6,670m) & Khabur Peak (6,332m) | Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Khambachen-Lhonak (4,785m).
From Kambachen 4 and half hours walking to Lhonak that you can views of Kanchenjunga (8,586m) from right side Wedge Peak (6,750m) Ramtang Peak (6,700m) Table Shikhar (6,510m) from the Left side views of the Nupchu Peak (6,044m) Tanjung Peak (6,097m) and Dango Peak (6,250m) | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Sightseeing to Pangpema.
Today we heading to the Pangpema is another beautiful place to visit it takes 6 hours to go & return. You have a wonderful view of Kanchenjunga Basecamp Glacier, and we return back to the Lhonak | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Lhonak-Ghunsa
From Lhonak 8/9 hours walking back to Ghunsa | Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Ghunsa-Selele Base Camp (3,700m).
From Ghunsa 4 hours walking to Selle Base Camp | Stay overnight at the small local lodge.
- 21Day 21 : Selle Base Camp-Tseram (3,870m).
From Selele base camp 7/8 hours walking to Tseram.From Selle, if the weather is fine you can see world top, Mt Everest, after passing Selle (4,480m), we move down to the Tesram | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 22Day 22 : Tseram-Ramche (4,580m).
From Tseram 2 and half hours walking to Ramche (4,580m), and after Lunch visit to Oktang is a view of Yalung Kang and (8,505m) Kanchenjunga South (8,476m) and return back to Ramche | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 23Day 23 : Ramche-Lasiya danda (3,310m).
From Ramche 7 hours walking to Lasiya danda | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 24Day 24 : Lasiya danda-Yamphudin (2,080m).
From Lasiya danda 4 hours walking to Yamphudin (2,090m) | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 25Day 25 : Yamphudin-Phumphe Danda (1,854m).
From Yamphudin 6 hours walking to Phumphe Danda | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 26Day 26 : Phumphe-Sinchewa Bhanjyang (2,129m).
From Phumphe 4 hours walking to Sinchewa Bhanjyang | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 27Day 27 : Sinchewa Bhanjyang-Lali Kharka (2,711m).
From Phumphe 4 hours walking to Lali Kharka | Stay overnight at the local lodge.
- 28Day 28 : Lalikharka-Taplejung (1820m).
From Lali Kharka 4 hours walking to Taplejung | Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 29Day 29 : Taplejung to Kathmandu bus.From Taplejung by Night bus to Via Phidem, Ilam, Jhapa, Kathmandu.
- 30Day 30 : Arrival Kathmandu.
About 7/8 am you arrived at the Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 31Day 31 : Kathmandu
Your Free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 32Day 32 : Departure day
After breakfast drive to the international airport your departure.
- Arrival and Departure Transport.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights.
- Including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Such as Italian, Chinese, Indian, Nepali many more continental food.
- Per day 3,500 Rs Per members for food and Accommodation.
- Local tea house Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- License holder trekking guide Perday 2,400 Rs per day we include his insurance.
- For the 2 members, one porter per day 2,000 Rs include his insurance.
- Special Trekking permits 20 $ per week and Kanchenjunga and park fee 3,500 include.
- Bus Transport from Kathmandu-Basantapur-Taplejung-Kathmandu about 6,000 Rs per person.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel Insurance Policy encase is an accident high Altitude Sickness Rescue operation.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as Beer, Coke, Fanta and Mineral waters.
- Personal Trekking Equipment.
- Tips for Nepali staff.
- Please bring with you 3 passport size Pictures.
September to 10 November and March to May
Day time normal and during Night 3-13 degree.
Bashantapur Kanchenjunga trek will cost 2410 US$ per person minimum of 2 people
Kanchenjunga National park, and Special Trekking Permit
Yes It’s, You need a guide and porter and very safe travel.
Chinese, Nepali, Tibetans, Indian and Italian, and Accommodation at tea local tea house lodge.
5/8 hours of walking per day.
Yes, you can see Kanchenjunga, Kumba Karna+Janu Himal, Nepal Peak, Yalung Khang, and other mountains views.
No, It is an easy and less crowd trek
It is a very far away to Kathmandu, border of the India Shikim
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport size photo. Occupation. Home details address. Insurance copy
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. +, walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket over 4,000 meters. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.
Arrival and Departure Transport. Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights. Including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Such as Italian, Chinese, Indian, Nepali many more continental food. Per day 3,500 Rs Per members for food and Accommodation. Local tea house Lodge accommodation during the trek. License holder trekking guide Perday 2,400 Rs per day we include his insurance. For the 2 members, one porter per day 2,000 Rs includes his insurance. Special Trekking permits 20 $ per week and Kanchenjunga and park fee 3,500 include. Bus Transport from Kathmandu-Basantapur-Taplejung-Kathmandu about 6,000 Rs per person.
Andre Souvignet From Andre Souvignet Accompagnateur en Montagne et Instructeur au Club...Read More