Lukla to Mera Peak - 15 Nights 16 Days
Lukla to Mera peak is preferably best during autumn and spring to climb. We will have the postcard view from the top of Mera. The view includes Mt. Everest,(8,848m) Lhotse (8,414m), Cho-Oyo (8,188m), Makalu (8,463m), and Kusumkhangaru (6,367m). Peak climbing is an excellent option for trekkers with moderate mountaineering experience. This peak climbing is a challenging trekking peak due to its elevation of (6461m). But it is not too much technical mountaineering skills, the requirement is basic. Nepal Alsace trek climbing guide will provide you with basic mountaineering training before the actual summit Peak.
Mera Peak climbing itinerary begins from Lukla, Chutnaga, Kothe, and Thangna. We fly to Lukla then walk up to Chuthanga. Mera peak climbing is 6,461m highest trekking peak in south region Khumbu Nepal.
Our staff will assist where necessary ropes should fix for the must difficulty areas. The peak climbing Mera peak 4 days to 17 days Mera peak climbing. This program features a fantastic trek and climbing world-class summit views of five (8,000m) peaks clearly viable East and west Kanchenjunga, Makalu and Everest region including Mt Everest. Way to Mera peak, you most enter high pass Zwatra la pass which is your second day in your trip. But it is not a difficult pass. During the trek, we will pass the beautiful valley Hinku and small villages along the way to Thangnak- Khare. These villages are interesting to visit and the scenery is absolutely first class.
Lukla to Mera peak climbing route essentially wraps around the southwest and north site of Mera central. The Mera high camp which leads us of the Henku valley way to Mingbola pass. For climbing, we will practice our necessary mountaineering equipment like has Crampons. Ice axes and fix rope before crossing icy slopes to reach the pass. The final pitch is short steep ice steep which we will fix climbing rope from our climbing guide.
Approximately walking Kilometers from Lukla.
Lukla to Khare 31 Km, 5 Khare high camp 5 KM,5
Mera Peak climbing Permit fee Spring | 250 US$| Autumn |125 US$ | Winter & Summer 70 US$ Per peak per person.
Kathmandu-Lukla to Kathmandu Plane ticket 360|US$ Per person.
Trekking management Cost Per person US$ |1685 | Per person minimum 2 pax in the group.
Nepal Alsace trek includes Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Climbing permit, Climbing guide, and potter’s Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu plane tickets during the trek and we do include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per our itinerary.
For a single person, the cost will increase by 300 US$.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Katmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.
Climbing gear prepares and meeting with Climbing guide | Hotel includes breakfast.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu –Lukla +Chuthanga
Early morning Flight to Lukla and same day Trek to Chhu Tanga (3020m) 3 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Thulikharka
Trek to Chhatra La Pass and Thuli Kharka (4100m) 5/6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Kothe
Trek Chhatrabu to Kothe (4142m) 5/6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tangnak
Trek Kothe to Thangnak (4326m) 5/6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Khare
Trek to Khare (5,000m) 4/5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Rest day at Khare.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. As we are above (5,000) meters altitude, we will spend a rest day at Khare for acclimatization and exploration. Perper acclimatization is a must for ensuring our successful summit climb of Mera Peak. Our Guide team will make necessary checks on our climbing gears including ropes, ice axes, crampons, harness, and other equipment before heading to higher camps | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Base camp (5,300m) 4/5 hours walking from Khare.
Khare- Mera Base Camp, we start our short but technically demanding trek towards Mera Peak base camp. Our trail is a gradual ascend over to Mera Glacier. We will climb steeply towards the top of the glacier before traversing along the glacier to finally arrive at Mera peak base camp. Once at the base camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the tent.
- 10Day 10 : (6,461m) Suumit day to Mera peak about 10 hours walking.
Today we start early morning with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Strong winds after midday can create obstacles the reaching the summit. We start around 2 am in the morning climb up the glacier and onto a ridge, following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert and we head towards Mera Peak summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular (8,000) meter peaks – Everest (8,848m) Cho Oyu (8,201m) Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse(7,855m), After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route head back to reach Khare | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Kothe
Khare-Kothe-Now our trek back to Kothe 6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Thuli Kharka
After breakfast trek to Kothe-Thulikharka 6/7 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Lukla,
Thulikharka-Lukla today is your last trekking day 7/8 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Lukla to Kathmandu
From Lukla Flight back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 15Day 15 : Kathmandu
Your free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes with breakfast.
- 16Day 16 : Departure
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner Such as Italian,Chinese, Nepali, Indian and many more Eropean (Items) Food.
- Three time a day,with Coffe or Tea
- Lodge and tented accommodation during the trek. In Lodge we provide you Separate room as available
- Llicense holder climbing guide and porters, climbing Equipment, Insurance,Salary, Food and accommodation
- Everest National Park permits
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit fee
- Garbage Deposit Fee
- General Climbing equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Plane Ticket
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance policy incuse if the accident and high altitude sickness for the Rescue operation
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country
- Soft and hard drinks Such as Beer, Coke, Mineral water
- Personal Trekking and Climbing Equipment
- Tips for trekking staff
- Please don't forget to bring 2 passports size pictures with you