Jiri to Mera Peak Climbing - 22 Nights 23 Days
Jiri to Mera Peak Climbing
Ascent to Jiri to Mera Peak is done by going from Jiri-Junebensi-Kharikho La-Thule Kharka-Khare. Located in the south region of Everest, Summit Mera peak (6,461m) is the highest trekking peak. Starting with Jiri, which is the best acclimatization for the climb to the highest peak of Mera. During the trekking route from Jiri to Khare, there is a nice lodge, clean beds, dining room, hot showers, and toilet. Also, you can find many kinds of food such as Italian, Chinese, Tibetan, and Nepali foods.
During Jiri Mera peak
You will see Mt Everest view from Soling Danda, which takes 5 days to walk from Jiri.
One of the most popular trekking peaks in Nepal is Mera peak. Climbing Mera peak is a beautiful adventure and not too technical. In order to start from Jiri, you will need to cross the so-called Lamjura Pass (3,530m), which allows you to acclimate for your climb over 6000 meters.
Jiri to Mera Peak Climbing
On the route from Jiri to Khare, there are nice lodges, clean beds, dining rooms, and hot showers and toilets.
The Mera Peak (6,461m) is the highest trekking peak in Nepal, just south of the Everest mountain range. Mera summits should be climbed in the autumn and spring seasons, as those are the two best seasons.
Jiri Mera peak climbing offers special mountain views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyo, Makalu, Kusumkhangaru, and Barunche peak.
We will prepare you for climbing by providing you with basic mountaineering training before you summit the Peak. During the climbing process, our guide will assist with rope fixings.
Jiri to Mera peak climbing cost | $ 2870 | Each person minimum 2 pax in the group.
Why the more cost for this trek
As for the price, Nepal Alsace Trek includes 200 Rs for the Gaurisankar park fee, Sagarmatha park fee, Pang Lhamu VCD tax (2000) Rs, 200 US$ for guide and porter’s high insurance fee, and peak permit. Gear for climbing guides costs 300 US$, which includes breakfasts, lunches, dinners with tea or coffee, overnight accommodations at a lodge, and tents during treks. Throughout our itinerary, we include a breakfast-served hotel in Kathmandu and an air ticket from Lukla to Kathmandu
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
ABOUT CLIMBING EQUIPMENT:
Several climbing gears are available for hire at Khare. Ice crew consists of a fixed rope, snow bar, crew rope, crampons, harness, and an ice ax. If you hire equipment in Khare, it costs about 6000 Nepali Rs per person. It is recommended you bring boots and gloves along with you since boots and gloves of the right size will not be available in Khare.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival- Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel including bed and breakfast.
Your climbing permit using - day from Nepal Mountaineering Association.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu to Jiri (1,955m).
From Kathmandu by polic bus to Jiri 199 Km about 9 hours drive | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Jiri to Bhandar Deurali (2,735m).
After breakfast walking to Bhandar Deurali 6 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Deurali to Sethe (2,645m).
From Bhandar Deurali 6 hours the walking to Sethe | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Sethe to Junebesi (2,640m) Sherpa village
After breakfast trek to Junebesi via Lamjura pass (3,530m) 6 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Junebesi to Nunthala (2,440m).
After breakfast trek to Nunthala via the Ringmo and Taksindu 6 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Nunthala to Kharikola (2,020m).
From Nunthala walking down to Jobing and climb uphill walking to Kharikhola Bazer 6 hours the walking. Stay | Overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Khari khola to Thamdanda (2,800m).
After breakfast trek to Thamdanda 5 hours the walking | Stay overnight at normal and small Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Thamdanda to Kurke (3,800m).
From Thamdanda 6/7 hours the walking to the Kurke | Stay overnight at the normal Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Kurke to Thuli Kharka (4,200m).
Kurke 6 hours the walking to Thuli Kharka climb up to a pass at (4,400m) and descend towards Thuli Karkha | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Thulikharka to Kothe (3,600m).
Thuli Kharka 5 hours walking to Kothe | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Kothe to Thangnag (4,350m).
From Thuli Kharka 5 hours the walking to Thagnag with the close view of Mera Peak >> Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Tangnag to Khare (4,900m).
From Tangnag 4 hours walking to Khare (5,000m) in 4 h. Climb up along the lateral moraine of the deg Glacier >>Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Acclimatization day at Khare.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 16Day 16 : High camp (5,700 m) 4/5 Hours the walking from Khare.
Khare to- Mera High Camp. Leaving the base camp, we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continue trekking along the rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak high camp | Stay overnight in the tent.
- 17Day 17 : Summit to Mera Peak (6,461m) about 10 to 11 hours walking
We will start early today in order to reach the summit before noon. Due to very strong winds afternoon. Following our expert's guidance, we climb up the glacier and onto a ridge, aAfter spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route and head back to reach Khare | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Khare to Kothe. 6 hours the walking.
Khare trek to Kothe | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Kothe to Thulikharka 7 hours the walking.
Kothe trek back to Thulikharka | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 20Day 20 : ThuliKharka to Lukla 7/8 hours the walking.
After breakfast trek to Lukla via Chuthanga | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 21Day 21 : From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 22Day 22 : Kathmandu.
Your free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 23Day 23 : Enjoy flight back to your home
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
Jiri Mera Peak Climbing cost 2,870 $ Per person
- Arrival and departure by car, van, or Hiace.
- 4 nights' bed and breakfast in Kathmandu hotel according to the itinerary.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, including Italian, Chinese, Nepali, Indian, and other European (food) items, along with coffee or tea.
- Trekking accommodations include lodges and tented camps.
- One professionally trained, helpful and friendly English-speaking guide (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, lodging, and salary.
- Permit fees for Everest National Park, Gauri Shankar National Park, and Barun National Park.
- The Mera Peak Climbing Permit fee and the TIMS card.
- Fees associated with garbage deposits.
- Climbing equipment such as rope, ice screw, snow bar, etc.
- Plane ticket from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Local bus services between Kathmandu and Jiri are included.
Jiri Mera Peak Climbing Cost Excludes
- Dinner and lunch in Kathmandu.
- The Rescue operation is covered by the Travel Insurance policy for the accident and high altitude sickness.
- Nepal entry visa fee is 25 US$ for 15 days and 40 US$ for 30 days. However, you can get your visa at Kathmandu airport if you haven't already taken it from your country.
- Trekking and climbing equipment for personal use.
- Tips for Trekking and Expedition staff
- Don't forget to bring two passport-sized pictures with you.
- A down jacket and sleeping bag are available for rent.
- On the trek, all meals are included, but in Kathmandu only breakfast is included.
6.461-meters trekking peak on Everest’s north side
From September to November and from March to May
Normal daytime temperature and 5-11 degrees at night at high camp
Each person costs $ 2870 to climb Jiri to Mera
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. >> Alpine boot your good size. >> Ice ax, Harness, Karabiner Lock & Unlock >> Fix rope, Jammer, Ice hammer, Snow bag >> Helmet and others which are not mansions here.
No, it is possible to rent climbing equipment at Khare, but it is best to take your own Alpine boots from Kathmandu with you.
Our trek involved walking for between five and ten hours per day
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport size photo. Occupation. Home details address. Insurance copy
Feeling like you have a hangover & feeling unwell / Headache/ Shortness of Breath/ Loss of appetite/ Poor sleep/ Vomiting/ Fever etc.
It is true that peak climbing is not easy, but it depends on the trekking peaks that are less technical. The same peak is very steep, and much technical climbing plus you will need good mountaineering equipment. Before climbing the mountain, we recommend doing a minimum 5,000-meter trekking pass
Yes, a woman is allowed to travel alone to Nepal, but she must hire a guide or porter from a trekking agency, as the company is responsible for all trekking and climbing activities.
First of all, on your arrival in Kathmandu, you will meet with us and you will be instructed on how to climb the mountains of Nepal. Our company provides qualified experienced high-altitude trekking and climbing guides if you travel with us.