Mera with Mingbo La pass - 21 Nights 22 Days
Mera with Mingbo La pass is one of the highest trekking peak climbing and difficulty high pass trekking in the Khumbu region. Mera with Mingbola pass going through the way to a center point of the Khumbu trek and Barunche expedition. However, climbing Mera and Mingbo la offers the spectacular scenery of the Himalayan. Such as Lhotse (8516m) Makalu (8463m) and world highest Mt, Everest (8848m). and other over (7000m) snow mountain peaks in Khumbu. Mera peak (6461m) is the highest trekking peak in Nepal. Along the trek, you will cross (5,817m) high altitude pass with the fixed rope other mountaineering equipment.
Mera with Mingbo la pass, we need a guide who has skill full knowledge about mountaineers such as Mountain Leader Course, Component 1.2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue training and Basic Mountaineering training, etc.
01: Ice ax, Crampons, Harness, Top slings, Ice screw, Karabiners lock, and unlocks.
02: Descender fight figure, helmed, fix rope more the 500 meters fix ropes, Ascender Jumar and if possible mountaineering plastic boots also.
We highly recommended doing this trek from September to the end of October and 10 April to 5 of June.
Mera peak Mingbo La itinerary starts from Kathmandu-Lukla flight. Then walking via Shurke, Pangoma, Kothe, Khare and Mera Base camp. However, after Mingbo la pass you will entre in Khumbu Valley. Center trails go climbing Island peak, Lobuche peak climbing, Three pass trekking, Everest base camp, Kalapathar trekking, Chola pass, Gokyo Renjo la pass Khumbu region. From the Khumbu valley, you will see mountain views of Lhotse, Pumori, Cholatse, Cho Oyo, Amadablam, Cholatse, Kangtenga, and Thamserku.
Now we descending to Panngboch, Tengboche monasteries. Namche with the view of mountains, Sherpa cultural and many Gompas and our last trekking destinations of the Lukla next day 35-minute flight back to Kathmandu. If you are interested do this trek with our agency we will reply at any time regarding your requirements.
Mera Peak climbing Permit fee Spring | 250 US$| Autumn |125 US$ | Winter & Summer 70 US$ Per peak per person.
Kathmandu-Lukla to Kathmandu Plane ticket 360|US$ Per person.
Trekking management Cost Per person US$ |2290 | Per person minimum 2 pax in the group.
Why this much money?
Nepal Alsace trek includes Mera Peak climbing permit, Climbing Sherpa equipment, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High insurance for porters, Cook, necessary another trekking permits-Camping gears, Plane ticket Katmandu Lukla-Kathmandu during the trek. We do include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
For a single person, the cost trek will increase by 300 US$.
If you want to hire only a guide and porter also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.
Day free at Kathmandu | Hotel included with bed and breakfast.
- 3Day 3 : Katmandu-Chutok (2,800m).
Flight to Lukla (2,800m) by Plane spectacular approach. The landing strip is perched at mountainside overhanging Dudh Kosi gorge. Climb up to the Chutok La pass (2,945m) and camp at Chutok (2.800m) 3 hours walking | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Chutok-Col Khari La Danda (3,010m).
From the Chutok Via Pangkongma (2,950m) in 6 hours walking, After the pass the trail carries on mountainsides through the Khari la Danda | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Kharikho La Danda – Kurke (3,000m).
From Khari la Danda 5 hours walking to Kurke. A magnificent route via mountains crests through rocky and wild landscapes. We go through a pass and enjoy a splendid panorama of woody regions below us | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Kurke- Thuli Kharka (4,200m).
From Kurke 6 hours walking to Thuli Kharka. Climb up to a pass at (4,400m) and descend towards Thuli Karkha | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Thuli Kharka – Khote (3,600m).
From Thuli Kharka 5 hours walking to Kothe. descend on hillsides, firstly by pleasant meadows, and lower down through forests of blue Himalayan pines and rhododendrons. Beautiful views of the south side of Mera Peak camp near the Hinku River | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Khote-Tangnag (4,350m).
From Kothe 6 hours walking to Tangnag.Climb up the Hinku valley through summer pastures. Near Lungsamba, the valley narrows, wedged between the Kusum Kangru (6.369m) and the west summit of Mera Peak | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Tangnag – Khare (4,900m).
From Tangnag 5 hours walking to Khare (4,900m) in 4 h. Climb up along the lateral moraine of the Dig Glacier >>Stay overnight at lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Day acclimatization.
Khare rests day for Acclimatization for high altitude | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Base Camp(5,300m) 4 Hours Walking From Khare.
Khare- Mera Base Camp. Leaving Khare, we start our short but technically demanding trek towards Mera Peak base camp. The trail is a gradual ascend over to Mera Glacier. We will climb steeply towards the top of the glacier before traversing along the glacier. finally arrive at Mera peak base camp. Once at the base camp our guide will quickly set up the camp | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 12Day 12 : Safety day.
The ascension can be postponed in case of bad weather | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 13Day 13 : (6,461m) Suumit Day To Mera Peak About 10 Hours Walking.
Today we start early morning with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Strong winds after midday can create obstacles the reaching the summit. We start around 2 am in the morning climb up the glacier and onto a ridge, following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert and we head towards Mera Peak summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular (8,000) meter peaks – Everest (8,848m) Cho Oyu (8,201m) Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse(7,855m), After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route head back to Hinku Khola | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 14Day 14 : Hunku Khola- Hunku Nup Lake (3,550m).
From Hunku 5/6 hours walking to Nup Lake. We leave behind us the Hunku Khola valley and progress on moraines towards Mingbo La. | Overnight at the tent.
- 15Day 15 : Nupe Glacier camp
Today we walking not far way because we make the fixed rope etc for the tomorrow | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 16Day 16 : Mingbola pass (5845m)
Today we crosse the Mingbo La pass (6845m) difficulty pass, our guide will fix the rope and members and porters will be descending down to Phedi near the Amadablam basecamp about 6 hours | Evening we reach to Pangboche | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Sanasa
From Pangboche trek to Sanasa 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Jorsale
Trek to Jorsale about 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Lukla
Today 5 hours walking to Lukla (2800m) Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Kathmandu to Lukla
Flight to Kathmandu | And trnsfer to hotel.
- 21Day 21 : Kathmandu
Free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes with breakfast.
- 22Day 22 : Departure
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights.
- Dining tent, toilet tent, two-man tent Mattress.
- Full board meals Lunch-dinner Such as Nepali, Indian. Chinese and Italian, much more European food. with tea or coffee during the trek.
- Climbing Guide and necessary porters and Salary food High insurance for staff.
- Makalu and Sagarmatha Park Permit.
- Porters, Cook insurance, day salary, foods, and Accommodation.
- Kathmandu-Lukla Kathmandu plane ticket.
- General Climbing equipment such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Garbage deposit Fee.
- Climbing Sherpa. Equipment.
- Mera Peak Climbing permit.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal Equipment Such as/Sleeping bag/Crampons/Harness Ice ax, and ice hammer.
- Your travel insurance Policy encases if Accident and high altitude sickness rescue operation.
- Personal expenses.
- Nepali Visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But Can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Tips for Nepali staff.
- Soft and hard drinks such as Beer, Coke, Fanta, Mineral water.