Lower Dolpo Circuit trek
Lower Dolpo circuit trek is one of the most isolated regions of Nepal, where the locals depend on China for basic goods, and the lifestyle of the locals is quite similar to that of Tibetans. Despite Upper Dolpo‘s isolation and adventure, those who want to experience the Dolpo and who have limited travel time, short days, and who are traveling with family can do the Lower Dolpo circuit trek to experience in your life tome.
Lower Dolpo Tea house Trek
Lower Dolpo Circuit trek also provides a unique opportunity for viewers to observe some of Nepal’s most unique wildlife species, including the snow leopard and orphaned blue sheep, which were endemic to Nepal until recently.
Dolpo trek begins at the same place for both the Lower Dolpo and Upper Dolpo treks. As a result, we must fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, followed by Nepalgunj to Juphal, which is the starting point for the Lower Dolpo circuit trek, so we must fly out of Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Shey Phoksundo trek
Dolpo region There are many famous trekking destinations in Nepal but Dolpo trek offers less tourist presence where you can actually feel like you are trekking in the wilderness and reach the deepest lake in Nepal called Shay Phoksundo with the feeling of accomplishment. Lower Dolpo trek route used to be camping treks, but now people are offering small homestays and even sharing Tibetan shelter in every camp, which adds to the adventure of living in the mountains. Two-pass over 5000m must be crossed, so we have to set up tents at Numala and Bagala base camps for two to three nights. There is a likelihood of less snow in September and October so it’s the best time to do the trekking because Numala and Bagala pass can be quite challenging with snow in March and Month of the April.
Lower Dolpo Circuit trek
You can get to know the cultural diversity of these regions where you can see Chhetri, Thakuri, Magar and Tibetan, and many more cultures in the same region.
We can witness the century-old Bon –Buddhism practices in Different historical isolated monasteries.
The most Beautiful and Deepest lake in Nepal is Shay Phuksundo lake in Dolpo.
The deserted rain shadow area of the lower and upper Dolpo region.
Enticing views of the yak caravan and getting a chance to trek through the ancient salt trade route to Tibet.
The verity of flora and fauna and the world’s most expensive herb Yarshagumba (Cordyceps Sinensis)
Lower Dolpo Circuit trek
Dolpo trek we are the experienced and best trekking agency in Nepal, which leads the Upper Dolpo Trek, Dolpo Kagmara trek, Dolpo Jomsom trek. Lower Dolpo Trek costs US$ 2410 for Each person. Nepal Alsace Trek will include a hotel in Kathmandu, meal 3 times a day, a special trekking permit, Phoksoundo national park fee, a one-night Nepalgunj hotel with dinner, Dolpo experienced guide, Porter, insurance salary and we included also four-time domestic flight ticket as Kathmandu-Nepalgunj, Juphal, Nepalgunj to Kathmandu.
Lower Dolpo Circuit trek
Lowe Dolpo circuit trek We highly recommend doing this trek from June to September which is the best time. And we request you that please bring more than 19 days’ holiday for this tip. Because if the weather is bad they are not allowed to fly in our own time. Then you have to wait for the flight from Nepalgunj to Juphal – Nepalgunj.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).The hotel will be transferred to you after your arrival at Kathmandu airport.
- 2Day 2 : Preparation day for your trekking permits.
- 3Day 3 : Evening flight to Kathmandu to Nepalgunj including dinner and hotel
- 4Day 4 : Flghit to Juphal and trek to Dunai (2,090m) two hours walking overnight simple lodge
- 5Day 5 : Dunai to Tarkot (2,580m). Approximately 5-6 hours walk from Dunai is Tarakot, a village where Sherpa people and Meals are provided in a tea house lodge, but the lodge is not a good option for tourists, so the tent is better.
- 6Day 6 : Tarakot to Lahini Kharka (3,005m) 6 hours walking tented camp Lunch and dinner at simple tea house
- 7Day 7 : Laini Kharka to Bavo Cave (3,500m). 5-6 hours, Accommodations and meals are provided by a teahouse lodge. However, the lodge is not ideally suited for tourists, so the tent is preferable.
- 8Day 8 : Bavo Cave to Dho Trap (4,190m) 5/6 hours walking | A tent and tea house lodge provides accommodation and meals; however, the lodge is not well suited for tourists, so a tent is a better option.
- 9Day 9 : Dhotrap to Numula Base camp (4,300m) 5 hours walking | Onernight at tent
- 10Day 10 : Base camp to Numula pass and Bagala Base camp (4,700m) 5/6 hours walking | overnight at tent
- 11Day 11 : Base camp to Bagala Pass 5169 miters and Phedi tented camp (3,653m) 5/6 hours walking
- 12Day 12 : Bagala Phedi to Ringmo PhokSaidu Lake (3,600m) 4/5 hours walking | Overnight at tent
- 13Day 13 : Rest day at Phoksindu Lake visit lake overnight at tent
- 14Day 14 : Phoksidu to Richi Gaun (3,011m) 5/6 hours walking | over night at simple guesthouse
- 15Day 15 : Richi to Raktang 5/6 hours walking | Overnight at Simple gest house
- 16Day 16 : Rimtang to Juphal 5/6 hours walking | Overnight at Lodge
- 17Day 17 : Juphal to Nepalgunj-Kathmandu flight and transfer to your hotel.
- 18Day 18 : Bed and breakfast are included in your safety day in Kathmandu.
- 19Day 19 : Drive to the airport to catch your flight home after breakfast.
Drive to the airport to catch your flight home after breakfast.
Lower Dolpo circuit trek cost US$ 2,410 Per Person
- Transport service for arrivals and departures in Kathmandu.
- As per itinerary, hotel accommodations with breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Plane from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj to Juphal to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu: 624$ per person.
- Trekking guide, cook, and porters who speak English.
- Transportation on all ground surfaces.
- During the trek, you will have three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Camping gears/Tow meant tents, toilet tents, kitchen equipment, and dining tents.
- Special Trekking Permit for Lower Dolpo and park entry fee.
- Including dinner, one night at a hotel in Nepalgunj.
- Two passport-sized photographs are required
Lower Dolpo circuit trek cost Excludes
- Dinner and lunch in Kathmandu.
- Visa fee 30 US$ for 15 Days and 50 US$ for 30 Days if you have not taken it from your Country. You can get your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken it from your Country.
- Trekking equipment and all your personal expenses
- These tips are for your guide, cook, and porter.
- Weather-dependent and daily
- Beer, Coke, Fanta, mineral water are some examples of soft and hard drinks.
- Accidents and high altitude sickness are covered by your travel insurance policy.
May to September
Day time normal and during Night 5/13 degree.
Lower Dolpo Trekking costs 2,540 U$$ per person.
Phoksandu National park permit and Lower Dolpo especial Trekking Permit.
Yes, If you take a Guide and porter then very safe trip all the trekking in Nepal. It is better to book your trip with an agency if something happens then easy to solve any problem and full responsibility from Trekking agency.
Lodge and Tent Service
Chinese, Nepali, Tibetans, India dish.
5/7 hours of walking per day.
Numula pass (5,128m) Bagala pass (5,169m)
Lower Dolpo trekking necessary to flight 4 times, Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal,-Nepalgunj to Kathmandu.
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport size photo. Occupation. Home details address. Insurance copy
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. + walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket over 4,000 meters. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.
Arrival &departure transport service in Kathmandu. Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary. Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu Plane about 624 $ per person. English Speaking Trekking guide, cook, and porters. All the ground transportation., A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek. Camping gears /Tow meant Tent, Dining Tent toilet Tent Kitchen Equipment. Lower Dolpo special Trekking Permit 20 $ per week per person and Park fee. One night hotel in Nepalgunj including dinner. Please bring 2 passport size pictures
Feels like hangover & Feeling not good/ Headache/ Shortness of Breath/ Loss of appetite/ Sleep not good/ vomiting/ fevers etc.
Yes, if a woman travels alone to Nepal no problem but you take a guide or porter from a registered trekking agency because the trekking company is fully responsible for trekking and Mountain climbing. Our agency staff always take care of you, and they will provide you a single room single tent during the tea house trek and during the climbing trek. But if you contact freelance Guide then you get many problems they try to make chit for a single woman. Therefore if you book guide porter with un agency then it is good safe your Holyday travel to Nepal.