Ramdung peak climbing cost -
Ramdung peak climbing cost
- Climbing Ramdung Peak from the Rolwaling Valley in Nepal is a popular route. In addition to the permits mentioned earlier, you will need to follow a specific itinerary and obtain additional permits. Here are the details:
Climbing Ramdung Peak
- Ramdung Peak, also known as Ramdung Go, is a trekking peak located in the Rolwaling region of Nepal. It offers stunning views of the surrounding Himalayan peaks, including Gauri Shankar and Melungtse. The climb involves technical sections, including snow and ice, but it is considered a feasible peak for climbers with previous mountaineering experience. The standard climbing route starts from Na Gaon ascends through the Yalung La Pass and follows the southeast ridge to the summit.
Ramdung peak Difficulty
- Climbing Ramdung Peak can be challenging, but with the right level of mountaineering experience and preparation, it is considered feasible for climbers. Here are some factors that contribute to the difficulty level:
Ramdung peak climbing Technical Skills:
- Climbing Ramdung Peak involves technical sections that may require skills such as using crampons, ice axes, ropes, and navigating through snow and ice. Prior experience in basic mountaineering techniques and knowledge of roped glacier travel is beneficial.
Ramdung Peak Altitude:
- Ramdung Peak stands at an elevation of 5,925 meters (19,436 feet). Altitude-related challenges such as reduced oxygen levels, acclimatization, and altitude sickness can make the climb more difficult. Proper acclimatization and gradual ascent are crucial to mitigate these risks.
Weather Condition Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha region
- The weather in the Himalayas can be unpredictable and harsh, especially at high altitudes. Strong winds, low temperatures, and snowfall can make the climb more difficult and increase the risk of frostbite and avalanches. Climbers need to be prepared for varying weather conditions and plan accordingly.
Tashi Lapcha Pass (5,755 meters / 18,881 feet):
- Tashi Lapcha Pass is a high mountain pass that connects the Rolwaling Valley with the Khumbu region. It is a challenging and remote pass, often requiring technical mountaineering skills due to steep slopes and crevasses. Crossing the pass involves glacier travel and may require fixed ropes, depending on the conditions. The pass offers breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks and serves as a significant highlight of the trek. The combined expedition of climbing Ramdung Peak, Pharchamo Peak, and crossing the Tashi Lapcha Pass requires proper mountaineering experience, physical fitness, and the support of an experienced guide or a reputable trekking agency. It is advisable to undertake this adventure with a well-planned itinerary, necessary equipment, and adequate acclimatization days to ensure safety and success.
The Best Time to Climbing Ramdung Peak
- The best time to climb Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha Pass is during the pre-monsoon (spring) and post-monsoon (autumn) seasons in Nepal. Here’s a breakdown of the ideal times:
Spring Season (March to May):
- This is generally considered the best time for climbing Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha Pass. The weather is relatively stable, with clear skies and mild temperatures, making for excellent climbing conditions. The snow and ice conditions on the peaks and surrounding glaciers are usually more favorable during this season. However, it is a popular time for climbing.
Autumn Season September to November)
- The autumn season is another favorable time for climbing Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha Pass. The weather is generally stable, with clear skies and moderate temperatures, offering good visibility and comfortable climbing conditions. The post-monsoon period brings lush vegetation and stunning landscapes to the region. Like the spring season, autumn is also a popular time for climbing, and you can expect more climbers on the trails and in the base camps. During both seasons, it’s important to monitor weather forecasts and consult with local authorities or experienced guides for the most up-to-date information on climbing conditions. Keep in mind that weather patterns can vary from year to year, so it’s always best to be prepared for unexpected changes.
Summer and winter seasons
- It’s worth noting that climbing during the winter months (December to February) is generally not recommended due to harsh weather conditions, including extreme cold, heavy snowfall, and increased avalanche risks. Similarly, the monsoon season (June to August) brings heavy rain, reduced visibility, and higher chances of landslides, making it unsuitable for climbing. Choosing the best time for your climb is crucial for safety, enjoyment, and summit success.
After climbing Ramdung and Tashi Lapcha Pass
- Descend from Thame, and rejoin the Continue Khumbu, Everest region trekking through Namche, Jorsale, and Lukla
Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha pass trek, you will need several permits.
- To climb Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha Pass in Nepal, you will need several permits. Here are the permits typically required for these climbs:
- Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) Peak Permit: Both Ramdung Peak fall under the jurisdiction of the Nepal Mountaineering Association. You will need to obtain a peak permit from the NMA for each peak.
Sagarmatha National Park and Gauri Sankar Park Permit:
- Sagarmatha National Park is a protected area that includes both Ramdung Peak and Tashi Lapcha Pass. You will need a permit from the Gauri Sangkar Park authorities to enter and climb within the park.
TIMS Card informaition
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card is required for trekking and climbing activities in Nepal. It is used to ensure the safety and security of trekkers and climbers. You will need to obtain a TIMS card for your climb.
Climbing Guide for Peak and Pass
- Climbing Guide or Climbing Sherpa: It is highly recommended, and in some cases mandatory, to hire a climbing guide or a climbing Sherpa for technical peaks like Ramdung and Tashi Lapcha Pass. They will provide necessary guidance, and support, and ensure your safety during the climb.
- Please note that permit requirements and regulations may change over time. It is important to check with the relevant authorities, such as the Nepal Mountaineering Association or a reliable trekking agency, for the most up-to-date information and to ensure compliance with all necessary permits and regulations.
- Drive a bus or Jeep from Kathmandu to Jagat via Charikot Dolkha and 35 minutes fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla after climbing Ramdung Peak Tashi Lapcha Pass Thame.
Food Items of the Rolwaling and KhumbuTrekking Route
- Regarding food, the teahouses and lodges along the Rolwaling and Khumbu trekking route, usually have extensive menus offering a variety of meals to choose from. You can expect a mix of local Nepali dishes, as well as international options like pasta, pizza, fried
Drinking Water in Rolwaling and Khumbu trekking routes
- Most teahouses along the Rolwaling and Khumbu Trek offer boiled water for a small fee. Boiling water for at least 3 minutes kills most bacteria and viruses. However, ensure that the water has been brought to a rolling boil and allowed to cool before drinking.
Ramdung peak climbing cost will be based on a group of 2-6 people Groups
- The climbing costs are USD 2440 per person from March to May.
- The cost of climbing from September to November. | USD 2315 per person
- The climbing cost per person is from June to August and December to February. | USD 2100 Per pax.
- A single climber costs USD 2916 during any season
Flight Tickets, Peak permits, accommodation, guides, porters, food, Park permits, and so on are all included. Nevertheless, the price will vary depending on the season and your plans during your trek.
|1||Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to hotel||1300||one hour drive from airport to hotel||Hotel in Kathmandu|
|2||Expedition preparation day hotel includes breakfast||1300||Free visit in Kathmandu||Hotel in Kathmandu with B&B Service|
|3||Kathmandu t Jagat||1150||8-9-hours drive from Kathmandu||Lodge|
|4||Jagat to Simi Gaun||2020||5-hours||Lodge|
|5||Simi Gaun to Dhokang||2791||6-7-hours||Lodge|
|6||Dhokang to Bedding||3740||5-hours||Lodge|
|7||Beding to Na||4180||4-5-hours||Tent Camping|
|8||Day Rest at Na||4180||Free Visit||Tent Camping|
|9||Na to Yalung glacier||4750||5-6-hours||Tent Camping|
|10||Yalung Glacier to Ramdung base camp||5150||5-6-hurs||Tent Camping|
|11||Summit to Ramdung Peak||5930||9-10-hours||Tent Camping|
|12||Yalung Glacier to Nh||4180||5-6-hours||Tent Camping|
|13||Rest day at Na||4180||Free day at Na||Tent Camping|
|14||Na to Tso Rolpa Lake||4540||5-6-hours||Tent Camping|
|15||Tso Rolpa to Trakarding Glacier||4800||Tent Camping||Tent Camping|
|16||Trakarding Glacier to Tashi Lapcha Phedi||5103||4-5-hours||Tent Camping|
|17||Phide via Tashi Lapcha pass (5755) Nole||4900||6-7-hurs||Tent Camping|
|18||Nole to Thyongpo||4350||5-6-hours||Tent Camping|
|19||Thyongpo to Thame||3800||4-5-hours||Tent Camping|
|20||Thame to Namche Bazaar||3440||5-hours||Lodge|
|21||Lukla to Namche||2800||7-hours||Lodge|
|22||Lukla to Kathmandu||1300||35-Minuts Flight to Kathmandu frm Lukla||Hotel in Kathmandu|
|23||Day Free in Kathmandu||1300||Free walk in Kathmandu||Hotel in Kathmandu with B&B Service|
|24||Departure Day||Flight out from Nepal||By air plane to your Country||At Your home|
Ramdung peak climbing cost 2,540: $ US$ Each person
- Transport for arrivals and departures.
- Road transportation to and from Kathmandu according to the itinerary.
- During the trek, you will be served three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), including coffee and tea.
- Accommodations include tea house lodges and camping.
- A highly experienced climbing guide whose license is held by the government, as well as porters needed during the trek
- Sherpa and cook for over 3 people.
- Sherpa porter insurance and salary, guide/cook, general equipment
- Trekking permit for Gauri Shankar, fees for national parks, TIMS permit, and Ramdung peak climbing permit plus USD 500 Garbage Deposit
- The cost of air tickets from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Climbing equipment Rope, snow Bar, Ice Hammer, and rock piton is required for the Ramdung peak.
- Staff wages from Lukla to Jiri and transportation to Kathmandu for Nepalese staff
Ramdung peak climbing cost excludes
- Dinner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Hard and soft table drinks such as Coke, Fanta, etc. during the trekking.
- Rescue operation insurance covers the costs of rescue operations.
- Porters and guide tips.
- Hotswoer's private Jeep, phone call.
- Nepali visa fees and international air tickets
From September to October and from 7 April to May are the best times to visit.
Yes. The Ramdung peak is not as high as other peaks, but climbing it can be difficult, including the Tashi Lapcha pass
Daytime normal and during Night 7-15 degrees at high camp.
Gouri Sankar park, TIMS Card and a Climbing permit from Nepal mountaineering assocaition
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. >> Alpine boot your good size. >> Ice ax, Harness, Karabiner Lock & Unlock >> Fix rope, Jammer, Ice hammer, Snow bag >> Helmet and others which are not mansions here.
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport size photos. Occupation. Home details address. Insurance copy
Feels like hangover & Feeling not good/ Headache/ Shortness of Breath/ Loss of appetite/ Sleep not good/ vomiting/ fevers etc.