Gokyo Everest base camp trek is one of the best trekking destinations in the world. The pristine freshwater lake Gokyo Lake (4,790m) the scenery it offers, isolated monastery, ethnic Sherpa community are the major points. The four of the world’s highest mountain Mt.Everest (8,848m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt.Makalu (8,470m) and Mt.Cho Oyu (8,210m) are also the reason this route has been one of popular destination by hikers in Khumbu reason.
We climb to viewpoint Gokyo Ri (5,320m). Cho la pass (5,420m) and the highest elevation Kala Patthar (5,545m) are the perfect spots to click views of mountains. This is the main attraction of the whole trekking. Moreover doing Everest base camp from Gokyo helps trekkers to acclimatize quickly because of the altitude increase gradually. And it is also the best perspective of exploring Everest from another side. It has been popular among tourist from all over the world because of the hospitality of the people and the scenery.
Gokyo Everest Base Camp Trek itinerary starts after an enticing flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Gokyo Ri Cho la pass and Everest Base Camp Trek route head to Gokyo valley via the Sherpa market town of Namche Bazar (3,440m). Namche will be our first Acclimatization point before heading for higher elevation. View of Tawache, Ama Dablam, Cholatse, Cho Oyo, Pumori, especially Mount Everest, and many more mountains are closely visible during this trek. Cho La pass and Kala Patthar offers a 360-degree view of the mountain with snow on the peak. Nepal’s largest glacier Nogozumba Glacier which is 36 km and moraine and tranquil glacial Lake is in this region.
We will cross the Cho La pass (5420m) and trek to D’zongla and from where we meet famous route to Everest Base camp Trek. We will adjoin the route following other trekkers to EBC. Following the footstep of the legendary climber of EBC encourages us to explore more about the Everest. Enjoy the air from the world’s tallest mountain will heal and refresh our body and mind. After we do Everest base camp hike Kalapathar and descend down to Lukla via Tengboche. In Tengboche, there is an isolated monastery from more than 500 years which lead to explore more about Religion, culture, and history of the region.
NOTE: You don’t need rippling muscle to do this trek. But some previous trekking experience and the love for the mountain and nature is all you need. For more information, we will provide a skilled and experienced Guide and Leader for you during the trek. Our goal is to promote quality tourists in Nepal in a responsible manner.
Gokyo Everest base camp trek cost, we listed on our website (1387: US$) per person for a minimum of 2 people in the Group. For a single person, the cost of his trek will increase by 200 US$.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu-Phakding (2610m). 3 hours the walking.
Morning flight to Lukla. The gateway of the Khumbu valley and our trek to Phakding. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Phakding-Namche (3,440m). 5 hours the walking.
We enter the Sagarmatha National park and cross the Dudhkosi river. You climb steeply up to the Namche Bazar Sherpa capital of the Khumbu Everest. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Namche-Khumjung via Syangboche view point of Mt Everest.
After breakfast visit to Namche Museum and high up to Syangboche have a exultant views of world top Mt Everest which is the (8848m) and have greed views of the Amadablam (6,812m), Lhotse (8,516m), Thamserku (6,068m), KusumKhakru (6,808m), Khangtenga (6,681m), and many more views, after you retching to the Khumjung have a Lunch break there after Lunch you may visit the Kunde hospital and School which is the made by Sir Adman Hilary, Stay overnight Lodge at Khumjung (3,790m) about 5 hours walking.
- 5Day 5 : Khumjung-Dhole.(4,200m). 6 hours the walking.
Khumjung-Dhole the trail up to Mongla (4000m.). From here, you can see panoramic views of various mountains. Your trek steeply descends passing through Phortse Tenga and from there, the trail climbs steeply to Dole, through rhododendron and birch forest festooned with hanging mosses and lichens 6 hours walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Dhole-Machhermo.(4,410m). 4 hours the walking.
From Dhole you climb steadily along the side of the valley, where small and thorny bushes give way to scrub juniper as the altitude increases. The trail passes many summer settlements. Ahead of you presents majestic views of Cho Oyu, of Kantenga and Thamserku. This is a short day and you will arrive at Machhermo. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Machhermo-Gokyo (4,790m). 4 hours the walking.
After breakfast, you head for the lakes at Gokyo. You follow a very scenic path to Pangka and then descend slightly, following one of the melted-water. Rivers flow down the west side of the Ngozumpa Glacier. You climb a steep rocky incline into the valley by the side of the glacier, passing the first of the holy lakes. You soon arrive at the second of the lakes, crossing the path which heads across the glacier and trek to Gokyo. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Climbing to Gokyo Ri (5,320m). 2 hours the walking.
Today early morning climb up to Gokyo Ri every steep view of the Gokyo valley. From Gokyo Ri have a wonderful view of Mt Everest, Cho-yo, Pumori, Amadablam, Nuptse-Cho-Latse, and many more peaks. After lunch trek to Thaknag. Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Thaknag-Via Cho-la pass (5,420m) Pass and trek to Dzongla (4,830m).
We start early morning, head towards the hardest and adventurous pass of this Everest Three Passes Trek-Cho-la Pass, first of all, we follow gradual ascend towards the top of the Chola Passe through rock steeps before drop down to the bottom of the pass. Cho-la pass is most of the time covered with blue ice giving its trekkers chill feelings. There are some hanging Buddhist prayer flags on the top of the pass, from where we can have tantalizing views of several mountains. After That, the trail gradually descends down all the way to Dzongla 6 hours walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Dzongla-Via Labuche-Ghorshep (5,140m). 6 hours the walking.
From Dzongla, firstly we follow the trail heads towards Khumbu Glacier, we can see numerous memorials of people who died on the Everest expeditions. After crossing the glacier, within a few ascends and descends we reach the Lobuche. Lobuche is we'll be known place located along the route of classic Everest Base camp trek. After Lobuche, the trail leads us to reach Gorakshep. The day makes amazing the splendid views of Mt.Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, and many other snow-capped peaks. We arrive at Gorakshep. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Grokshep-Kalapathar-Pheruche.
Before breakfast, we make an early morning hike towards Kalapatthar you enjoy with great sunrise views over Mt, Everest (8,848m) Mt. Lhotse (8,516m) Mt. Makalu (8,481m) Mt. Cho yo (8,201m) and many other surrounding mountains. After having a quality time at Kalapatthar we descend down to Gorakshep. After breakfast, we head towards Feruche 6 hours walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Feruche –Phungi-Thanga.
Pheruche Phungi Thanga 5 hours walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Phungi Thanga-Jorsaly.
From Phungi Thanga 3 hours walking to Namche yours Lunch barks at Namche, then after lunch, 2 hours walking. Stay overnight at Jorsaly Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Jorsaly-Lukla.
Today is your last trekking day on your trip, 5 hours walking to Lukla. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lukla-Kathmandu.
From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 16Day 16 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel include with bed and breakfast.
- 17Day 17 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport service in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu domestic plane ticket 360 US$: Per Person and with our trekking guide.
- A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek.
- Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Everest National park entry permit 3,500: Nepali Rs and 1,000 RS Per person TIMS Card.
- Pasang Lhamu Village Tax 2000 Rs Nepali Per Person.
- English- speaking –Government licensed holder trekking guide.
- Over the 6 Pax group, we will provide you experience mountain Leader, who have best trained Hotel Management (NATHM) Mountain Leader Course, Component 1-2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue Training and Basic Mountaineering training etc.
- Guide and porters-Insurance, Salary and they are accommodation during the trek.
- Company paper working and Government taxes etc.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- International air ticket, Nepal Visa fee, your travels insurance, medical and emergency case.
- Personal expenses, bars bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, and any drinks.
- During the trek, if due to the wither problems or you want to return earlier than scheduled the balance are not refundable, please.