Sherpani col pass Khumbu
There are several Technical high passes in the Khumbu and Makalu region including Sherpani col. A camper high pass trek took us through Nepal. Khumbu Sherpani col pass is a much harder challenge than other passes in Nepal. This is a remote adventure that leads to Makalu Khumbu via Great Himalayan trails.
Nepal high pass trek Makalu and Khumbu
The Makalu Sherpani col trek, which runs from Mount Makalu to Mount Barutse, gives us a spectacular view of Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and Everest (8,848m), as well as other mountains over 6,000m. Our guides must be qualified and fully conversant with mountaineering terms, such as Mountain Leader, Component 1-2, Navigation, Rock Climbing, Mountain Rescue, and Basic Mountaineering. In order to get the most out of their visit to High altitude pass Nepal, clients are encouraged to attend technical training. It takes 5 hours to hike from Sherpani col to West Col (6,143m), but we hike very carefully from here because there are lots of crevasses, which means there are dangerous holes everywhere.
01: Ice ax, Crampons, Harness, Top slings, Ice screw, Karabiners lock, and unlocks.
02: Descender fight figure, helmet, and fix rope more the 500 meters, ascender Jumar, and if possible mountaineering Alpine boots.
The best time to visit this trek is from September to the end of October and from 10 April to 5 June.
Sherpani col pass trekking starts after flying from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar, taking a Jeep to Num, and then walking to Makalu base camp via Tashi Gaun-Khongma Dinma jack Kharka. However, after you cross the Sherpani col pass, you will enter Khumbu valley center trails to go to Island peak, Lobuche peak, three passes trekking, Everest base camp, Kalapathar trekking, Chola pass, Gokyo, and Renjo La pass. Observe picturesque mountain views from Khumbu valley, including Lhotse, Pumori, Cholatse, Cho Oyu, Amadablam, Cholatse, Kangtega, and Thamserku.
How much does it cost for the challenging pass?
Kathmandu-Tumlingtar, Lukla to Kathmandu plane ticket cost 347 US$ P/P
Sherpani col pass trek Cost 29 95: US$ per person.
The trip is so costly, why is that?
Sherpani col pass Khumbu
According to residents of Nepal Alsace trek, manage camping gear and food are required. We should pay high insurance premiums to all our employees. To hire an export climbing guide, we have to pay more than required. As per our itinerary, we stayed in the hotel where we purchased our Kathmandu plane tickets with breakfast for Kathmandu-Tumlingtar to Lukla.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, and transferred to your hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu.
Trekking Preparation day hotels include breakfast.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu to Num
From Kathmandu 45 minute flight to Tumlingtar and 4/5 hours by Local Jeep to Noum (1,490m) | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Num to Seduwa
Trek to Seduwa (1,460m) 6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Seduwa to Tashi Gaun Sherpa village
Our trek to Tashigaun (2,070m) 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tashi Gaun to Kongma danda
Trek to Khongma (3,470m) 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Kongma danda to Dobate
Our trek to the Dobate (3,570m) 6/7 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Dobate to Yangli Kharka
Trek to Yangli Kharka (3,580m) 6/7 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Yangli Kharka to Jack Kharka
Our trek to Jack Kharka (4,615m) 6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Jack-Kharka to Makalu base camp
Trek to Makalu Base camp (5,000m) 6 hours walking | Stay overnight in the tent.
- 11Day 11 : Rest day.
We will take a rest day here which Helps to overcome the altitude. And we will hike for Glacier to make the body warm and some experience for the tomorrow to going Hilary camp | Stay overnight at tent.
- 12Day 12 : Makalu Base camp to Hilary Base camp
Today high up to Hillary Base camp (5,700m) 4/5 hours walking | Stay overnight in the tent.
- 13Day 13 : Hilary Base camp to high camp
Heading to west col number one camp 5/6 hours walking via east Sherpani col pass (6,146m) | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 14Day 14 : High camp to Barunche Base camp.
The high camp to the Baruntse Base camp (5,300m) and stay overnight in the tent.
- 15Day 15 : Barunche B,C to Panch Pokhari
Trek to Panch Pokhari (4,200m) 5 hours walking | Stay overnight in the tent.
- 16Day 16 : Rest day
Rest day at Panch Pokhari acclimatizing for Amphu Lapcha pass | Stay overnight at the tent.
- 17Day 17 : Panch Pokhari to Amphu Lapcha Base camp
Trekking to the base camp of Amaphu Laptsa - 5,6 hours, 50,35 meters.
- 18Day 18 : Amphu Lapch to high camp
The walk to the high camp of Amaphu Laptsa is 5,200 meters and takes 5-6 hours.
- 19Day 19 : High camp Amphu lapcha pass and Chhukung Khumbu valley
Course the Ama Laptsa (5,780m) and trek to Chhukung (4,730m) 6/7 hours walking. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Rest day at Chhukung.
Rest day at Chhukung –taking a hot shower and relax journey | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 21Day 21 : Chhukung to Tengboche.
Our trek back dawn to Tengboche (3,800m) 6 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 22Day 22 : Tengboche to Namche Bazaar Sherpa capital
Trek to Namche Bazar Sherpa capital (3,440m) 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 23Day 23 : Namche to Lukla
Your last walking day 7 hours to Lukla (2,800m) | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 24Day 24 : Lukla to Kathmandu
From Lukla Flight Back to Kathmandu & transfer to the hotel.
- 25Day 25 : Your safety day at Kathmandu
Free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 26Day 26 : Enjoy flight back to your home
After breakfast drive to the international airport for departure to your home.
Sherpani col pass Khumbu trek cost 3,342 $ Per person
- Transportation for arrivals and departures.
- Four nights in Kathmandu with breakfast included.
- Meals such as Nepalese, Indian lunch and dinner. There is much more European food than Chinese and Italian. On the trek, we were provided with tea and coffee.
- Local Jeep to Tumlingtar-Num.
- During the trek, we stayed in a lodge and tented.
- The Trekkers' Information Management System.
- Service charges and taxes levied by the government.
- High-risk insurance and high-quality staff and porters, and mountain experience Guides.
- Permit for Makalu and Sagarmatha National Parks.
- Tumlingtar-Lukla-Kathmandu plane ticket.
- General climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, snow bars, etc.
- The climbing equipment of the Sherpas.
- We will provide you with high energy chocolate like Snicker, Alpine brag, nature valley and Bounty on the West-East col pass in daypack lunches.
Sherpani col pass Khumbu trek cost Excludes
- Kathmandu lunch and dinner.
- Accidents and high altitude sickness are covered under your travel insurance policy.
- Nepal entry visa fee is 30 US$ for 15 Days, 50 US$ for 30 Days, and you can get the visa in Kathmandu airport if you don't have a visa from your country.
- Beer, Coke, Fanta, and mineral waters are all soft and hard drinks.
- Climbing and trekking equipment for personal use.
- Guides and porters should follow these tips.
- Two passport-sized pictures should be brought with you.
From September to November and from 12 April to May
The temperature is normal during the day and five to sixteen degrees during the night.
The price of a Kathmandu-Tumlingtar, Lukla-Kathmandu flight is 347 US dollars per person The cost of the Sherpani col trek is $2995 for one person.
Makalu Barrun National Park, Sagarmath Park, and TIMS Card Permit.
When you have a guide and porter it is a very safe trip all the way through Nepal. Booking with an agency is a better option since any problems can be solved easily and the Trekking agency takes full responsibility.
The Num to Makalu base camp Tea House lodge trek, the Makalu base camp trek to Amphu Latsa pass by the tent, and the Chhukung trek to Lock Lodge trek.
Chinese, Nepalese, Tibetan, Indian, and Italian dishes.
Every day, five to eight hours of walking.
Yes, you can see Mt Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586, Barnutse (7,129m), Mera peak (6,461m), Mt Everest (8,848m), Anamadablam (6,856m), Lhotse (8,414m), and many other mountain views.
Shirpani col (6,145 m) and Amphu Laptsa (5,886 m) passes
The path is riddled with holes, Khar Vass, but our experienced guides will lead you in the right direction.
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. >> Alpine boot your good size. >> Ice ax, Harness, Karabiner Lock & Unlock >> Fix rope, Jammer, Ice hammer, Snow bag >> Helmet and others which are not mansions here.
Arrival & departure Transport. Hotel in Kathmandu 4 night with breakfast. Full board meals Lunch-dinner Such as Nepali, Indian. Chinese and Italian, much more European food. with tea and coffee during the trek. Tumlingtar-Num Local Jeep. Accommodation lodge and tented during the trek. Trekkers’ Information Management System. Government taxes and office service charge. Mountain experience Guide and necessary porters and Salary food High insurance staff and porter Equipment Makalu and Sagarmatha National park Permit. Kathmandu Tumlingtar-Lukla-Kathmandu plane Ticket. General Climbing equipment such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar, etc. Climbing Sherpa Equipment. Our agency will provide you high energy Chocolate Such as Snicker, Alpine brag, nature valley and Bounty on West-East col pass in day pack lunch.
You feel like you have a hangover, and you don’t feel good, have a headache, shortness of breath, losing appetite, trouble sleeping, vomiting, and fevers.
Yes, women can travel alone to Nepal with no problem, but you should take a guide or porter from a trekking agency since they are fully responsible for trekking and Mountain climbing. While on the tea house trek and during the climbing trek, our agency staff is always taking care of you and will provide you with a single room single tent. But if you contact a freelance Guide, then you’ll encounter a lot of problems as they try to make a chit for a single woman. Therefore, booking a guide and porter through an agency will ensure your safe holiday travel to Nepal.