Island Peak climbing Nepal - 16 Nights 17 Days
Island Peak climbing is famous among the entire climber before heading for higher mountains, it is small but requires Technical Knowledge and skill to overcome. This climb adds adventure and joy of satisfaction and also considered as an opportunity for advanced beginner and intermediate climber to take on a challenging glacier to climb above 6,189m.
Charles Evan, Alf Gregory, Charles Wylie, and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa are the first to climb Island Peak. So, it is the climb literally follows the footstep of the legendary climbers. It’s been nearly two-century that the peak of Nepal has drawn Adventure Lovers, climbers, and culture enthusiasts. Island Peak includes all the above which follows the trail to Everest Base Camp. Through Typical Sherpa village, the Ancient Monastery and the exploration of a legendary climber not only provide a worthy feeling. After Summiting Island Peak, we won’t write our Name in History but can be a part of Khumbu Island Peak Climber.
Island Peak climbing and Trekking starts from Lukla. Early morning transfer to the domestic airport and 35-minutes fly from Kathmandu-Lukla. During the flight, it offers the views of Langtang, Gauri Sankar, Number Himal and valleys of Solu Khumbu. The peak climbing is one of the beautiful and smaller peaks but challenging climb in the Khumbu Everest region. Peak summit day, we start in the early morning at about 3 am. Our aim is to reach the top before noon if the weather is clear. We find the high elevation of (6,189m) from sea level. You can go to the Island peak via Namche Chhukung or three pass trek. The itinerary can be extended from 3/4 days Island peak climb to until 20 days to a month also. Island peak climbing is between Chuphulu and Lhotse via Chhukung glacier.
Trekking with Island peak climbing.
Island peak climbing is not too difficult and it does not require any technical skill. Anyone with basic snow climbing skills and high altitude endurance capacity can climb. This peak climbing is highly glaciated. Its west face of the summit and offers valley view and Mountains. During this climb, you can add hiking to Everest base camp and Kalapatthar which helps you get enough acclimatized for the Island peak. The peak climbing is fulfilling the dream of every climber who seeks adventure and thrill along your trip to Nepal.
Island Peak climbing Permit fee Spring | 250 US$| Autumn |125 US$ | Winter & Summer 70 US$ Per peak per person.
Kathmandu-Lukla to Kathmandu Plane ticket 360|US$ Per person.
Trekking management Cost Per person US$ |1695 | Per person minimum 2 pax in the group.
Nepal Alsace Trek included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Island peak Permit. Sagarmatha park permit 3500 Rs, Pasang Lhamu VCD Tax 2000 Rs, Experienced climbing guide equipment cost 300 US$, Porters, Salary, Insurance, and hotel in Kathmandu as per our itinerary. We do include 360 US$ per person for the Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu plane ticket.
For a single person, the cost will increase by 200 US$.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only, the company provides that too.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu-Phakding (2,610m) 3 hours the walking.
From Kathmandu Flight to Lukla. The gateway of the Khumbu valley and our trek to Phakding | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Phakding-Namche (3,440m) 5 hours the walking.
We enter the Sagarmatha National park and cross the Dudh Kosi river. You climb steeply up to the Namche Bazar Sherpa capital of the Khumbu Everest | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Rest day at Namche
Our night will be in Namche, but today we slowly high up to the Syangboche mountain,s views point Mt, Everest (8,848m), Amadablam (6,856m), Thamserku (6,608m). Kangtenga (6,685m) and other Himalayan peaks. Our experience this additional night we sure that you can reach and Island peak climbs without any a headache | Stay Overnight in Namche
- 5Day 5 : Namche-Tengboche (3,860m) 5 hours the walking.
After the breakfast we climb slowly through the alpine forest, A splendid view of high peaks appears. Continuation of climbing through the mountainside in zigzag until you come to the stone gate built by the Lama which marks your entry into Tengboche | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tengboche-Dinboche (4,410) 5 hours the walking.
From Tengboche, we will follow the trail that offers great views of Ama Dablam (6856m) and Kantega (6,608m) as they appear on the other side. We continue our uphill trekking passing through Pangboche and Via Sumare then we arrived Dingboche | Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Dingboche-Chhukung (4,730m) 3/4 hours the walking.
After breakfast, we walk high up to the Chhukung Ri (5550m) for the good acclimatization | Stay overnight at the Lodge,
- 8Day 8 : Chhukung Island Peak Base camp (5,087m) 6hours the walking.
From Chhukung we will trek on a trail that is a gradual ascend towards high Imja valley. We will have magnificent views of Ama Dablam (6856m), Lhotse (8414m), Nuptse (7861m), Island Peak (6189m), and other surrounding high peaks. Then Our trek continues to the Island Peak Base camp. We will set up our camp of Island Peak south ridge beneath the giant wall of Nuptse and Lhotse | Stay overnight in the tent.
- 9Day 9 : Rest day at Island Peak Base camp
Now we are over (5,000) meters from the sea level. So to avoid any kind of mental and physical illness we will take a rest here at the base camp before making the summit climb attempt of Island Peak. Our Sherpa will check our health conditions to make sure that everyone is fit for the main summit climb peak, they will also make necessary checks on climbing gears such as crampons, ice axes, harness, and other equipment | Overnight in the tent.
- 10Day 10 : Island Peak summit day (6,189m) about 10 hours the walking.
Today we start the climb with full equipment and we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. After 12 AM strong cold winds, especially after midday, can really create obstacles reaching the summit. Following the guidance and instructions are given by our Experienced Sherpa climbers, we will tackle several technical sections and head towards the summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with breathtaking views of Mt Lhotse. Mt Makalu (8,463m), Lhotse Shar, Mt Nuptse, Mt Baruntse (7,129m) and other Peaks. We will spend short and quality time at the top of Island Peak and then descend following the same route back to base camp | overnight in the tent.
- 11Day 11 : Base Camp-chhukung 6 hours the walking.
After successfully conquering the summit of Island Peak, we take our time and start our return trek by retracing our footsteps and pass along the rocky trails which eventually heads back to Chhukung | Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Chhukung-Phungithanga 6/7 hours the walking.
Having breakfast then start trek to Phungithanga Via Pangboche | Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Phungithanga-Jorsale 6 hour the walking.
After breakfast trek to the Jorsale | Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Jorsale-Lukla 5 hours the walking.
Today is your last walking day on your trip | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Kathmandu-Lukla.
After breakfast fly back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 16Day 16 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu and hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 17Day 17 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- License holder Climbing Guide Porters Equipment.
- Including insurance,Salary,Food,Accommodation.
- 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu including bed and Breakfast.
- Accommodation at Lodge and tent.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Such as Nepali, Indian, Chinese, Italian and many more European food a day three times.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Island Peak Climbing Permit fees.
- Garbage Deposit Fee.
- General Climbing equipment such as Fix Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu plane ticket.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance policy encases if the accident and high altitude sickness, Rescue and Medication.
- Nepal Entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your Country.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as beer, cokes Fanta, Mineral water.
- Your Trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for staff.
- You must bring your personal equipment such as Sleeping bag Crampons, Harness ice ax, ice hammer. and lock unlock Karabiner.
- Please don't forget to bring with you 2 passport size of the picture.