Jiri Mera Peak Climbing - 22 Nights 23 Days
Jiri Mera Peak Climbing
Jiri Mera Peak Climbing goes from Jiri-Junebensi-Kharikho La-Thuli Kharka-Khare. Summit Mera peak is (6,461m) highest trekking peak south region of Everest. Trekking begins from Jiri, which is the best acclimation for the climbing Mera peak. During the trekking route from Jiri to Khare, there are a nice lodge, clean beds, dining room, hot showers, and toilet. Also, you can find many kinds of food such as Italian, Chinese, Tibetan, and Nepali foods.
During Jiri Mera peak
you will see Mt Everest view from Soling Danda, which takes 5 days to walk from Jiri.
Climbing Mera peak one of the highest trekking peaks in Nepal. Beautiful climbing and not too difficult and also no technical peak. It is easier to start from Jiri because you will cross high altitude Lamjura pass which is the (3,530m)
Summit Mera peak is (6,461m) highest trekking peak which is the south region of Everest Nepal. Mera peak ascent preferably during autumn and spring seasons it’s the best time to climb.
Jiri Mera peak climbing offers especial mountain views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Kusumkhangaru, and Barunche peak.
Our climbing guide will provide you with basic mountaineering training before the actual summit Peak. Our guide will assist you with the necessary ropes fix for the climbing part.
Mera Peak climbing Permit fee Spring | 250 US$| Autumn |125 US$ | Winter & Summer 70 US$ Per peak per person.
Lukla to Kathmandu Plane ticket 180|US$ Per person.
Trekking management Cost Per person US$ |2440 | Per person minimum 2 pax in the group.
Why the more cost for this trek
Answers: Nepal Alsace trek includes 200 Rs for Gaurisankhar park fee, Sagarmatha park fee 2500 Rs, Pang Lhamu VCD tax (2000) Rs, 200 US$ Guide and porter”s high insurance fee flight ticket for Lukla-Kathmandu, Peak permit. Climbing guide equipment 300 US$, daily breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with tea or coffee, Lodge, and tent accommodations during the trekking and climbing. We do include a hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
ABOUT CLIMBING EQUIPMENT:
Climbing gears you can hire at Khare. Fix rope, main rope, and snow bar ice crew, crampons, harness, ice ax, and climbing foods. It cost about 9000 Nepali Rs if you hire in Khare.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival- Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel including bed and breakfast.
Your climbing permit using - day from Nepal Mountaineering Association.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu to Jiri (1,955m).
From Kathmandu by polic bus to Jiri 199 Km about 9 hours drive | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Jiri to Bhandar Deurali (2,735m).
After breakfast walking to Bhandar Deurali 6 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Deurali to Sethe (2,645m).
From Bhandar Deurali 6 hours the walking to Sethe | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Sethe to Junebesi (2,640m) Sherpa village
After breakfast trek to Junebesi via Lamjura pass (3,530m) 6 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Junebesi to Nunthala (2,440m).
After breakfast trek to Nunthala via the Ringmo and Taksindu 6 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Nunthala to Kharikola (2,020m).
From Nunthala walking down to Jobing and climb uphill walking to Kharikhola Bazer 6 hours the walking. Stay | Overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Khari khola to Thamdanda (2,800m).
After breakfast trek to Thamdanda 5 hours the walking | Stay overnight at normal and small Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Thamdanda to Kurke (3,800m).
From Thamdanda 6/7 hours the walking to the Kurke | Stay overnight at the normal Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Kurke to Thuli Kharka (4,200m).
Kurke 6 hours the walking to Thuli Kharka climb up to a pass at (4,400m) and descend towards Thuli Karkha | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Thulikharka to Kothe (3,600m).
Thuli Kharka 5 hours walking to Kothe. Descend on hillsides, firstly by pleasant meadows, and lower down through forests of blue Himalayan pines and rhododendrons, and beautiful views of the south side of the Mera Peak lodge near the Hinku River | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Kothe to Thangnag (4,350m).
From Thuli Kharka 5 hours the walking to Thagnag with the close view of Mera Peak >> Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Tangnag to Khare (4,900m).
From Tangnag 4 hours walking to Khare (5,000m) in 4 h. Climb up along the lateral moraine of the deg Glacier >>Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Acclimatization day at Khare.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. As we are above (5,000m) altitude, we will spend a rest day at Khare for acclimatization and exploration. Acclimatization is a must for ensuring our successful summit climb of Mera Peak. Our Sherpa team will make necessary checks on our climbing gears including ropes, ice axes, crampons, harness, and other equipment before heading further to higher camps | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 16Day 16 : High camp (5,700 m) 4/5 Hours the walking from Khare.
Khare to- Mera High Camp. Leaving the base camp we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continue trekking along the rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak high camp.Once at the high camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the camps and make necessary checks on our health conditions and climbing gears. From the high camp, we can enjoy amazing views of Everest (8848m), Makalu (8463m), Nuptse (7861m), Baruntse (7129m) | Stay overnight in the tent.
- 17Day 17 : Summit to Mera Peak (6,461m) about 10 to 11 hours walking
Today we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Because after midday very strong winds. We start around 2 am in the morning and after having breakfast we climb up the glacier and onto a ridge, following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert. We head towards the Mera Peak summit. Once at the top, we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular 8,000-meter peaks – Everest (8,848m), Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse (7,855m), and Chomalanga (7,319m) After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route and head back to reach Khare | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Khare to Kothe. 6 hours the walking.
Khare trek to Kothe | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Kothe to Thulikharka 7 hours the walking.
Kothe trek back to Thulikharka | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 20Day 20 : ThuliKharka to Lukla 7/8 hours the walking.
After breakfast trek to Lukla via Chuthanga | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 21Day 21 : From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 22Day 22 : Kathmandu.
Your free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 23Day 23 : Enjoy flight back to your home
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure Transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Such as Italian, Chinese, Nepali, Indian and many more European (Items) Food three time a day, with Coffee or Tea.
- Lodge and tented accommodation during the trek. In Lodge, we provide you Separate room as available.
- One highly experienced helpful and friendly English spiking guide (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit fee.
- Garbage deposit Fee.
- General Climbing Equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar et
- Lukla-Kathmandu Plane ticket.
- Kathmandu-Jiri Local bus include
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel Insurance policy encase if the accident and high Altitude sickness for the Rescue operation.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Personal Trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for Trekking staff.
- Please don't forget to bring 2 passports of size pictures with you.
- Sleeping bag rental and down Jacket if needed.
- All the meals are included on the trek but we only include breakfast while you are in Kathmandu.
(6,461m) corner of Khumbu valley
September to 10 November and March to May
Day time normal and during Night 5-11 degree at high camp
Mera Peak climbing Permit fee Spring | 250 US$| Autumn |125 US$ | Winter & Summer 70 US$ Per peak per person. Lukla to Kathmandu Plane ticket 180|US$ Per person. Trekking management Cost Per person US$ |2440 | Per person minimum 2 pax in the group.
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. >> Alpine boot your good size. >> Ice ax, Harness, Karabiner Lock & Unlock >> Fix rope, Jammer, Ice hammer, Snow bag >> Helmet and others which are not mansions here.
No, you can hire climbing equipment at Khare, but if you have own good size Alpine boot then you carry with you from Kathmandu much better.
5/10 hours per day we walking during the trek
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport size photo. Occupation. Home details address. Insurance copy