Jiri Mera Peak Climbing - 23 Nights 24 Days
Jiri Mera Peak Climbing goes from Jiri-Junebensi-Kharikho La-Thuli Kharka-Khare. Summit Mera peak is (6,461m) highest trekking peak south region of Everest. Trekking begins from Jiri which is the best acclimation for the climbing peak. During the trekking route from Jiri to Khare, there are a nice lodge, clean beds, dining room, hot showers, and toilet. Also, you can find many kinds of food such as Italian, Chinese, Tibetan, and Nepali foods.
During Jiri Mera peak you will see Mt Everest view from Soling Danda, which takes 5 days to walk from Jiri.
Climbing Mera peak one of the highest trekking peaks in Nepal. Beautiful climbing and not too difficult and also no technical peak. It is easier to start from Jiri because you will cross high altitude Lamjura pass which is the (3530m).
Summit Mera peak is (6,461m) highest trekking peak which is the south region of Everest Nepal. Mera peak ascent preferably during autumn and spring seasons it’s the best time to climb.
Jiri Mera peak climbing offers especial mountain views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Kusumkhangaru and Barunche peak.
Our climbing guide will provide you with basic mountaineering training before the actual summit Peak. Our guide will assist you with the necessary ropes fix for the climbing.
The cost of this trek is 2870 US$ per person.
Why the 2870 US$ cost,
Answers: we include 200 Rs for Gaurisankhar park fee, Sagarmatha park fee 2500 Rs, Pang Lhamu VCD tax (2000) Rs, 200 US$ Guide and porter”s high insurance fee, Mera peak Permit 250: US$, Lukla-Kathmandu-plane ticket. 180 US$. Climbing guide equipment 300 US$, daily breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with tea or coffee, Lodge and tent accommodations during the trekking and climbing. We do include a hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
ABOUT CLIMBING EQUIPMENT:
Climbing gears you can hire at Khare. Fix rope, main rope, and snow bar ice crew, crampons, harness, ice ax, and climbing foods. It cost about 9000 Nepali Rs if you hire in Khare.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival- Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel including bed and breakfast.
Your climbing permit esing a day from Nepal Mountaineering Association.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu-Jiri (1,955m).
From Kathmandu by bus to Jiri 199 Km about 9 hours drive. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Jiri-Bhandar Deurali (2,735m).
After breakfast walking to Bhandar Deurali 6 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Deurali -Sethe (2,645m).
From Bhandar Deurali 6 hours the walking to Sethe. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Sethe-Junebesi (2,640m).
After breakfast trek to Junebesi via Lamjura pass (3530m) 6 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Junebesi-Nunthala (2,440m).
After breakfast trek to Nunthala via the Ringmo and Taksindu 6 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Nunthala-Kharikola (2,020m).
From Nunthala walking down to Jobing and up Hillwalking to Kharikhola Bazer 6 hours the walking. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Kharikhola-Thamdanda (2,800m).
After breakfast trek to Thamdanda 5 hours the walking. Stay overnight at normal and small Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Thamdanda-Kurke (3,800m).
From Thamdanda 6/7 hours the walking to the Kurke. Stay overnight at the normal Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Kurke-Thuli Kharka (4,200m).
Kurke 6 hours the walking to Thuli Kharka Climb up to a pass at (4,400m) and descend towards Thuli Karkha. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Thulikharka-Kothe (3,600m).
Thuli Kharka 5 hours the walking to Kothe. Descend on hillsides, firstly by pleasant meadows, and lower down through forests of blue Himalayan pines and rhododendrons. Beautiful views of the south side of Mera Peak Camp near the Hinku River. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Kothe-Thangnag (4,350m).
From Thuli Kharka 5 hours the walking to Thannag with the close view of Mera Peak. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Tangnag-Khare (4,900m).
Tangnag 5 hours the walking to Khare (4,900m) in 4 h. Climb up along the lateral moraine of the dig Glacier. Stay overnight at the Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Acclimatization day at Khare.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. As we are above (5,000m) altitude, we will spend a rest day at Khare for acclimatization and exploration. Acclimatization is a must for ensuring our successful summit climb of Mera Peak. Our Sherpa team will make necessary checks on our climbing gears including ropes, ice axes, crampons, harness, and other equipment before heading further to higher camps. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Base camp (5,300m) 4 Hours the walking From Khare.
Khare- Mera Base Camp.we start our short but technically demanding trek towards Mera Peak base camp. Our trail is a gradual ascend over to Mera Glacier. We will climb steeply towards the top of the glacier before traversing along the glacier to finally arrive at Mera peak base camp. Once at the base camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the Tent.
- 17Day 17 : High camp(5,700m) 4/5 Hours the walking from base camp.
Basecamp- Mera High Camp.leaving the base camp we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continue trekking along rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak high camp.Once at the high camp our Sherpa will quickly set up the camps and make necessary checks on our health conditions and climbing gears. From the high camp, we can enjoy amazing views of Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Baruntse, and Chamlang. Stay overnight in the tent.
- 18Day 18 : (6.461m) Suumit day To Mera Peak About 10 hours the walking.
Today we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. Strong winds after midday can create reaching the summit. We start around am in the morning and after having breakfast we climb up the glacier and onto a ridge. Following the footsteps and guidance of our experienced climbing expert, we head towards Mera Peak summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with magnificent views of five spectacular 8000 meter peaks – Everest (8,848m), Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), as well as Nuptse(7,855m), and Chamlang (7,319m) After spending quality time at the Mera Peak summit we will descend following the same route and head back to reach Khare. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Khare-Kothe. 6 hours the walking.
Khare trek to Kothe. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Kothe-Thulikharka 7 hours the walking.
Kothe trek back to Thulikharka. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 21Day 21 : ThuliKharka-Lukla 7/8 hours the walking.
After breakfast trek to Lukla via Chuthanga. Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 22Day 22 : Lukla-Kathmandu.
From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 23Day 23 : Kathmandu.
Your free day at Kathmandu hotel include with bed and breakfast.
- 24Day 24 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
- Arrival and departure Transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Such as Italian, Chinese, Nepali, Indian and many more European (Items) Food three time a day, with Coffee or Tea.
- Lodge and tented accommodation during the trek. In Lodge, we provide you Separate room as available.
- One highly experienced helpful and friendly English spiking guide (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit fee.
- Garbage deposit Fee.
- General Climbing Equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar et
- Lukla-Kathmandu Plane ticket.
- Kathmandu-Jiri Local bus include
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel Insurance policy encase if the accident and high Altitude sickness for the Rescue operation.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Personal Trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for Trekking staff.
- Please don't forget to bring 2 passports of size pictures with you.
- Sleeping bag rental and down Jacket if needed.
- All the meals are included on the trek but we only include breakfast while you are in Kathmandu.