Khumbu high pass trek is one full round challenging pass and best trekking in the Khumbu Everest region. Khumbu high pass trekking is the most spectacular landscapes Sherpa villages, Buddhist Monsters, and Tibetan culture. We highly recommend this trek from September to November and April to May which is the best time. The Khumbu high pass trekking also offers us Himalayan views including Chhukung Ri, Kongma la, Kalapatthar, Chola, Gokyo Ri, and Renjo La pass.
Khumbu high pass witness the amazing views of Thamserku (6,608m), Amadablam (6,856m), Island peak (6,100m), Lhotse Shar (8,414m), Nuptse (7,861m), Pumori (7,165m), Lola, Tawache (6,367m), Cho Oyo (8,188m) and of course world top Mt. Everest (8,848m). Khumbu high pass is an ambitious and Adventure high Mountain pass in Khumbu Nepal. Khumbu high pass trek captures the villages, terraces, hills snow peaks.
Khumbu high pass trek
senses and pulse for the Adventure feel a smell of real earth. The trails through the Khumbu high pass trek where you get to see wild eagles and dare. After Kalapathar we should cross Chola pass which is the (5,420m) high pass then we descend to the Gokyo. The next day we climb up to Gokyo Ri (5,320m) that offers the view of Cho-Oy (8,200m), Everest (8,848m), Pumori (7,165m), and Nangpala. Which is camp number one for the Cho-Oyo expedition from Nepal north site? We see the Gokyo Lake colorful prayer flags fluttering at the top of Gokyo Ri. The next day we continue toward Renjola pass (5,388m) high pass then we descending down to Thame traditionally Sherpa village. Thame is one of the center points of high pass trekking route Tashi Lapcha pass and Renjola pass.
Khumbu high pass trek starts from Lukla but you have to fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. And then you beginning walking from Lukla via Namche. Tengboche and Dingboche. Khumbu high pass trekking will end in Lukla. And fly back to Kathmandu then transfer to the hotel in Kathmandu.
Khumbu high pass trekking cost (US$ 1404) per person + Kathmandu, Lukla to Kathmandu flight ticket cost 358 US$ P/P. At this cost, Nepal Alsace Trekking agency will include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Experience trekking guide, Porters, Tims card 1,000 Nepali Rs, Pasang Lhamu Village tax 2,000 Nepali Rs, Sagarmatha national park permit 3,500 Nepali RS, Kathmandu-Lukla to Kathmandu Plane ticket cost 360 US$ Per person and we included a hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per our Itinerary.
For a single person, The cost of his trek will increase by 245 US$.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival-Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu to Phakding (2,610m) 3 hours walking from Lukla.
Kathmandu to Phakding. Domestic flight to Lukla (35 Minute) then short walking to Phakding | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Phakding to Namche (3,440m) 5 hours walking from the Phakding.
After breakfast trek to Namche Bazer.
Today we can see the little part of the world top Mt Everest, Thamserku and Khumbu Ila from our trail | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Namche to (3,790m) Khumjung
Namche-Khumjung, After breakfast visit to historical Namche Museum and 2 hours walk to Khumjung, you can leave your bag at the lodge, then after lunch visit to Khunde evening back to Khumjung | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Khumjung toTengboche (3,860m) 4 hours walking from Khumjung.
Khumjung – Tengboche very easy day and this evening you can visit in Tengboche Monetary. Also, you can have a beautiful golden color view of Mt Everest (8.848m) Khangtenga (6,685m), Thamserku (6,608m) and many snow peaks | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410m) 4 hours.
Tengboche- Dingbuche: Via Pangboche you will have the view of Amadablam (6,856m), Khangtenga (6,685m), Thamserku (6,608m) and Lotseshar (8,414m)views | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m).
Dingboche-Chhukung-Early morning breakfast and visit to Nangkartshang 3 hours then you can go Chhukung not long way maximum 3 hours | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Visit day Island Peak valley.
After breakfast Visit to Imjavalley and views of Chupulu-Island peak-Imja Khola view of Amphu Lapcha pass | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Chhukung to Lobuche (4,910m) 7/8 hours walking from Chhukung.
Chhukung to Lobuche via Kongmala pass. From Chhukung we walking to Laboche very Long and hard day after crossing Kongma La Pass (5,535) – between Imja and Khumbu Valleys to Labuche.
You need the much experience guide for this pass who can use compass and map reading | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Sightseeing to Kalapattar about 6 hours both way.
Lobuche – Kalapattar | From Labuche Sightseeing to Kalapatthar (5,545m) one of the best views of Mt. Everest (8,848m). Mt Pumori (7,165m) many more Peaks and back down to Lobuche | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Lobuche to Dzongla (4,760m) only 3 hours walking from Lobuche.
Lobuche – Dzongla: today the short and easy walking day | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Zong la to Gokyo (4,730m) 8 hours walking from Dzongla.
Dzongla-Gokyo. Via (Cho-La Pass (5,420m) and Our Lunch at Thang Nak then 2 hours walking Gokyo.
From the Cho-La pass offers us the views of Gokyo valley, Renjo pass, Cho-yo, and many more Himalayan Snow peaks | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 13Day 13 : climbing Gokyo Ri Free trekking peak in Khumbu
Early morning climb up to Gokyo Ri (5,320m), We get mesmerizing views of the Mt Everest (8,848m), Mt Cho yo (8,200m), Amadablam (6,856m), Tawache (6,367m), Nuptse (7,861m) and many more Himalayan Khumbu peaks then return back to Gokyo after Lunch you can rest | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Gokyo to Lundin(4,380m) 6/7 hours walking from Gokyo.
Today after breakfast, we heading toward the Renjo La pass (5,388m) we climb up the way from Gokyo, it takes 3 hours to the top and has an amazing view of over (7,000m) snow peaks, Khumbu and part of Nagpala valley, then we continue our trek to Lungden | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lungdin to Thame (3,800m) 8 hours walking from Lungdin.
From Lungden walking to the Thame, this is quite a long journey, but we get nice views of Tashilapsa part, Pherchamo peak, and the different part of Khumbu valley | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Thame to Jorsale (3,740m) via Namche 6 hours walking from Thame.
After breakfast, we walk to Namche our lunch will be there, then we walk down to the Jorsale | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Jorsale to Lukla 5 hours walking
Today is your last walking on your trip and not the far way to go Lukla arrival Lukla and cheek your room then taking last Himalayan shower | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Lukla to Kathmandu.
From Lukla fly back to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 19Day 19 : Free day at Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 20Day 20 : Enjoy back to home
After breakfast transfer to the Kathmandu airport for Your scheduled flight back to the home
- All ground transports in private vehicle.
- Full board meals Lunch-dinner Such as Nepali, Indian. Chinese and Italian, much more European food. with tea or coffee during the trek.
- Twin sharing lodge to accommodation during the trek.
- One highly experienced helpful and friendly English spiking guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary.
- Round trip flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu .
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System.
- Government taxes and office service charge.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Soft and hard drinks such as Beer, Coke Fanta, Mineral water.
- Your personal insurance policy if the accident and high altitude sickness, rescue and Medication.
- You personal Trekking Equipment.
- Nepal Entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your Country.
- Tips for Guide and porter.
- Please don’t forget to bring 2 passport size of pictures with you.
September to 10 November and March to May
Day time normal and during Night 5-15 degree.
Khumbu high pass trekking cost (US$ 1840) per person + Kathmandu, Lukla to Kathmandu Flight ticket cost 360 US$ P/P
Sagarmatha National park & Pasang Lhamu VDC permit.
Yes It’s, You need a guide and porter and very safe travel.
There is every village has a clean lodge with dining and toilet also the wife.
Chinese, Nepali, Tibetans, Indian and Italian dish.
5/8 hours walking pear day.
Yes, you can see Thamserku (6,608m), Kusumkangaru (6,367m), Amadablam (6,856m), Island peak (6,189m), Labuche peak (6,119m), Lhotse (8,414m), Everest (8,848m), Pumori (7,861m), and many other mountain views.
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. +, walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.