Island Peak climbing - 16 Nights 17 Days
Island peak climbing is a famous trekking peak in Nepal (Island peak call Imja Tese (6,187m) high Trekking peak and one of the most popular and very busy in October-November and March to May. From the top of summit fantastic views of Amadablam-Thamserku-Nuptse-Lhotse-Chuphulu-Makalu and many more peaks including part of Amphulaptsa pass view. The trek begins from Luka, Namche, and Dingboche Khumbu after summit peak descending down to the Lukla and flight back to Kathmandu.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu-Phakding (2,610m) 3 hours the walking.
Morning flight to Lukla. The gateway of the Khumbu valley and our trek to Phakding. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Phakding-Namche (3,440m) 5 hours the walking.
We enter the Sagarmatha National park and cross the Dudhkosi river. You climb steeply up to the Namche Bazar Sherpa capital of the Khumbu Everest. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Rest day at Namche
Our night will be in Namche, but today we slowly high up to the Syangboche mountains views point Mt Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku. Kangtenga and others Himalayan peaks. Our experience this additional night we sure that you can reach and Island peak climb without any head ache. Stay Overnight in Namche
- 5Day 5 : Namche-Tengboche (3,860m) 5 hours the walking.
After the breakfast you climb slowly through the alpine forest, A splendid view of high peaks appears. Continuation of climbing through the mountainside in zigzag until you come to the stone gate built by the Lamas which marks your entry into Tengboche. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tengboche-Dinboche (4,410) 5 hours the walking.
From Tengboche, we will follow the trail that offers great views of Ama Dablam and Kantega as they appear on the other side. We continue our uphill trekking passing through Pangboche and Via Sumare then we arrived Dingboche. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Dingboche-Chhukung (4,730m) 3/4 hours the walking.
After breakfast, we walk high up to the Chhukung Ri (5550m) for the good acclimatization. Stay overnight at the lodge,
- 8Day 8 : Chhukung Island Peak Base camp (5,087m) 6hours the walking.
From Chhukung we will trek on a trail that is a gradual ascend towards high Imja valley. We will have magnificent views of Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Island Peak, and other surrounding high peaks. Then Our trek continues to the Island Peak Base camp. We will set up our camp of Island Peak south ridge beneath the giant wall of Nuptse and Lhotse. Stay overnight in the tent.
- 9Day 9 : Rest day at Island Peak Base camp
Now we are over (5,000) meters from the sea level. So to avoid any kind of mental and physical illness we will take a rest here at the base camp before making the summit climb attempt of Island Peak. Our Sherpa will check our health conditions to make sure that everyone is fit for the main summit climb peak, they will also make necessary checks on climbing gears such as crampons, ice axes, harness and other equipment. Overnight in the tent.
- 10Day 10 : Island Peak summit day (6,189m) about 10 hours the walking.
Today we start the climb with full equipment and we start early with the aim to reach the summit before noon. The strong winds, especially after midday, can really create obstacles reaching the summit. Following the guidance and instructions are given by our Experienced Sherpa climbers, we will tackle several technical sections and head towards the summit. Once at the top we are rewarded with breathtaking views of Mt Lhotse. Mt Makalu, Lhotse Shar, Mt Nuptse, Mt Baruntse and other Peaks. We will spend short and quality time at the top of Island Peak and then descend following the same route back to base camp and overnight in the tent.
- 11Day 11 : Base Camp-chhukung 6 hours the walking.
After successfully conquering the summit of Island Peak, we take our time and start our return trek by retracing our footsteps and pass along the rocky trails which eventually heads back to Chhukung. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Chhukung-Phungithanga 6/7 hours the walking.
Having breakfast then start trek to Phungithanga Via Pangboche. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Phungithanga-Jorsaly 6 hour the walking.
After breakfast trek to the Jorsaly. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Jorsaly-Lukla 5 hours the walking.
Today is your last walking day on your trip. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Kathmandu-Lukla.
After breakfast fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 16Day 16 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu and hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 17Day 17 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
- Arrival and departure transport by Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- License holder Climbing Guide Porters Equipment.
- Including insurance,Salary,food,Accommodation.
- 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu including bed and Breakfast.
- Accommodation at Lodge and tent.
- Breakfast,Lunch, Dinner Such as: Nepali,Indian,Chinese,Italian and many more European food a day three time.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Island Peak Climbing Permit fees.
- Garbage Deposit Fee.
- General Climbing equipments such as Fix Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu plane ticket.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance Policy encases if the accident and high altitude sickness, Rescue and Medication.
- Nepal Entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, But you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your Country.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as beer, coke, Fanta, Mineral water.
- Your Trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for staffs.
- You must bring your personal equipment such as, Sleeping bag Crampons, Harness ice axe, ice hammer. and lock unlock Karabiner.
- Please don't forget to bring with you 2 passport size of picture.