Makalu trekking is a high altitude terrain, snow cold landscape and ethnic Himalayan lifestyle on a solitary trek to base camp Makalu which is the (5,250m)and designated as Makalu national park conservation area. Makalu Himal is a fifteen highest tallest mountain in the world. This trekking is a real Adventure and beautiful trekking in Nepal. Makalu trekking itinerary can be 18 days to 23 days trekking from Makalu base camp you can continue to Sherpani col trek.
Makalu trekking begins from Tumlingtar heading up to the Arun river valley of close the Makalu Himal. In this trekking region one of the most remote unforgettable adventure area of Nepal.
Makalu trekking is a magnificent valley denser rhododendron and Alpine forests. From the trek un amazing views of the Makalu.Kanchenjunga, Barunche Himal, of course, world high peak Mt. Everest (8848m). Especially this trekking is not difficult trekking it can be done from 15 years to 70 years old age no problem for this trek. In this trekking region people living Rai, Gurung, Brahmans, and Bhote.
Makalu trekking is a holiday key of the preservation of the unique biological cultural treasures of the Makalu Barun areas. The Makalu Barun national park is established in 19192 as for eighth national park in Nepal. Remote Makalu National park management by local community actively involved and protecting the forest and natural resources. The conserving their own rich culture and heritage, the region will require a level of physical fitness with regular exercising and comparatively long distant easy high pass trekking. On the way this trek you can see the more than 100 species birds, Red panda, Leopard, Monkeys, and Musk deer. For this trek we highly recommended and the best time is September to 15 December and March to end of May is the best time to do this trek. During the trekking, you can take a flight to Tumling tar or alternative way can take a bus from Kathmandu hele and Hele Tumling it is possible.
Makalu trekking,We listed budget in our site US$: 1900:Per person minimum 2 people in the group, we included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Necessary trekking -permits, Local transport, Experienced guide, Porters, Salary, Insurance, and hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per our itinerary and Plane ticket for Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu.
If only one single client then the cost will be 300 US$ extra for single.
Sorry: we don’t include in our price list, Nepal visa fee, personal equipment, Lunch, dinner in Kathmandu, your international air ticket and travels insurance.
If you want to hire only guide and porter also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu.
Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
You can be shopping necessary trekking equipment for your trek.
- 3Day 3 : Kathmandu-Num (1,505m).
From Kathmandu 45 minute fly to Tumlingtar and taking a Jeep to Num about 3 hours driving. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Num-Seduwa (1,530m),
We start hiking from Num(1,505.m) to Seduwa it takes almost 5/6 hours for trekkers and it is the 1st day of hiking but we still walk for 5 hours because the altitude is not that different so it is a long but easy hike and we will. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Seduwa-Tashi Gaun (2,065m).
From Seduwa we start hike for Tashi Gaun it is about 5/6 hours hike from Seduwa. From here trail gradually start to ascend where we walk through beautiful villages and greenery mountains. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tashi Gaun-Kongma Danda (3,562m).
Hike from here is very pleasant following hiking trail to Kongma danda which takes almost 6 hours because we are going to highs. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Kongma Danda-Dobate (3,650m).
Our trek start to gain altitude because we are doing pass heading for the Debate passing via Tutu-La, Ship ton-La (4,220,m) which is the 1st pass 5/6 hours walking. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Dobate-Yangle Kharka (3,610m).
From Dobate to Yangle Kharka it takes 5/6 hours where the trial is gradually ascended and where you can feel refreshing where lots of cattle houses where Sheppard come with their cattle in the June to August. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Yangli Kharka –Jyak Kharka (4,510m).
From here we hike to another Kharka called Langmale Kharka it takes 5 to 6 hours which is also another favorite destination for Sheppard and from where you can see little parts of Makalu but you can feel it’s power. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Jyak-Kharka To Makalu Base Camp(4,810m).
It takes 5 to 6 hours hiking where you will be covered by Mountains the perfect mesmerizing views. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Rest day.
We will take the rest day here which Helps to overcome the altitude and we will hike for Glacier to make the body warm. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Hike to Makalu base camp area.
Today we hike to Mt Makalu high Camp. You will enjoy a spectacular view of different mountains and peaks like Mt. Makalu (8,463m), Baruntse (7,152 m), Kali Himal (6,985m), Chamlang (7,390m), etc. You can also hike to Makalu Base camp valley. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Makalu Base Camp –Tamatan Kharka (4,120m).
From Base Camp 8 hour walking to Tematan Kharka. Stay overnight a lodge,
- 14Day 14 : Timtan Kharka-Tashigaun.
From Timtan 8 hour walking to Tashi Gaun. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Tashigaun to Seduwa
From Tashi Gaun 6 hour walking to Seduwa. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Seduwa to Num.
After breakfast. Our trek starts to go Seduwa about 5 hours walking. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Jeep to Tumlingtar.
Today we took a jeep to Tumlingtar, Your last day on your trip with porters. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Tumlingtar-Kathmandu.
From Tumlingtar flight back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 20Day 20 : Kathmandu.
Today your free day hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 21Day 21 : Departure.
After breakfast, drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure transport service in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary.
- Makalu Barun park permit and Tims card.
- A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek.
- Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- English- speaking –Government licensed holder trekking guide.
- Over the 6 Pax group, we will provide you experience mountain Leader, who have best trained Hotel Management (NATHM) Mountain Leader Course, Component 1-2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue Training and Basic Mountaineering training etc.
- Necessary porters-Insurance, Salary and they are accommodation during the trek.
- Company paper working and Government taxes etc.
- Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu Plane Ticket.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal equipment.
- Your Travel Insurance Policy encase accident and high altitude sickness.
- Tips for Trekking staff.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 25 US$ and for the 30 Days 40 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Will require 2 passport size photos
- Soft and hard drinks Such as: Beer,Coke, Fanta and Mineral water.