Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing -
Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing
- Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing is one of the best trek and climbing trips in the Everest region. Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing you get to see Gokyo Lake and 0ne of the high pass Chola pass (5,420m) trek via Everest base camp plus Kalapathhar with Kongmala pass.
Gokyo Ri in Everest
- The Gokyo Ri 5,357 m (17,575 ft. high Gokyo Peak is part of the Everest region trek. It lies on the west side of the Ngozumpa glacier, the largest glacier in Khumbu and reputedly the largest in the Himalayas. There are a few stone houses in Gokyo (4,750 m, 15,583 ft above sea level), a hamlet at the base of Gokyo Ri that has the distinction of being the world’s highest settlement. From the summit of Gokyo Ri, it is possible to see four 8,000-metre peaks: Mount Everest (8,848m), Lhotse (8,414m), Makalu (8,463m), Cho Oyu (8,201), and Gokyo Lakes
Cho la passes Everest
- Cho La is a summit pass located 5,420 meters 17,782 ft. above sea level in the Solukhumbu District in northeastern Nepal. It connects the village of Dzongla 4,830 meters 15,850 ft. to the east and the village of Thagnak 4,700 meters 15,400 ft. To the west. Cho La Pass can be crossed without crampons.
Base camp (5364m) overview
- The Everest Base Camp is in Nepal at an altitude of 5,364 meters and 17,598 ft. The base camps are rudimentary campsites that are used by mountain climbers during ascents and descents, they are also visited by hikers. Those climbing via the southeast ridge use South Base Camp, while those climbing via the northeast ridge use North Base Camp. In order to reduce the risk of altitude sickness, climbers rest at base camp for several days for acclimatization.
Kalapatthar is one such destination.
- Kala Patthar is located on the south ridge of Pumori above Gorakshep. The ascent of Kala Patthar is very popular among trekkers. One of the best views of Everest can be seen here. Its high summit is blocked from much of the surrounding area by Nuptse due to the structure of the Everest Massif. Kala Patthar offers spectacular views of Everest, Nuptse, and Changes, as well as glimpses of Lhotse’s northern flanks. The Mount Everest webcam was located here, and it was the highest webcam in the world. The elevation of Kala Patthar is commonly given as 5,545-5 miters.
Chhukung Ri plus Chhukung Valley
- The Chukhung Valley lies on the southern slopes of Lhotse and Nuptse by the Lho Glacier and the Nup Glacier, the western slopes of Cho Polu and Baruntse by the Imja Glaciers, and the northern slopes of Mount Ama Dablam by the Ama Dablam Glacier and Chukhung Glacier. It extends westward past the village of Dingboche where it joins the Pheriche Valley. The Imja Khola flows through the Chukhung Valley.
- Chukhung village, 4,730 meters (15,518 ft), is on the left fork of the Imja Khola. Administratively it is in the Solukhumbu District of Province No. 1. This area was traditionally used as a yak pasture with no permanent habitation. As Imja Tse has gained popularity as a trekking peak and the Chukhung Valley is a good acclimatization side trip for Everest Base Camp trekkers, several lodges have been built there.
Everest & Nuptse in the Evening view
Chukhung Ri is a rocky peak rising above the village of Chukhung to 5,550 meters (18,209 ft).
Island peak climbing (6,189m)
- To climb Island Peak, one has the option of starting from a base camp at 5,087 meters (16,690 ft) called Pareshaya Gyab and starting the climb between 2 and 3 A.M. Another popular option is to ascend to High Camp at around 5,600 meters (18,400 ft) to reduce the amount of effort and time needed for summit day. However, adequate water supply and concerns about sleeping at a higher altitude may dictate starting from base camp. Base camp to high camp is basically a hike but just above high camp, some rocky steps require moderate scrambling and up through a broad open gully. At the top of the gully, glacier travel begins and proceeds up to a steep snow and ice slope. From here, fixed ropes may be set up by the guides for the strenuous ascent of nearly 100 meters (330 ft) to the summit ridge. The climb to the summit is somewhat difficult due to the steep climbing. On top, while Mount Everest is a mere ten kilometers away to the north, the view will be blocked by the massive wall of Lhotse, towering 2,300 m (7,500 ft) above the summit.
Headwall crevasse in Island peak
- A substantial crevasse along most of the headwall leading to the summit ridge has sometimes caused teams to turn back. In April 2009, the Nepal Mountaineering Association tasked the Nepal Mountaineering Instructors’ Association with installing stairs (ladders) at the crevasse. As of the 2016 fall climbing season, a 5-meter high fixed aluminum ladder is being used to cross the crevasse.
Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing | Accommodations,
- During trekking and Climbing, you will sleep tea hose local lodge every night which will be very basic with two single beds. Toilets are mostly shared with other trekkers. . But on Island peak climbing you need to sleep one night in the tent breakfast and dinner are provided by our camping cook.
Trekking permits for the Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing
- You just need an Island peak climbing permit, Sagarmatha National park permit, and Pasang Lhamu VCD tax for the Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing it is compulsory for the trekker.
- You don’t need to bring your climbing equipment from Kathmandu, and you can hire the necessary climbing equipment at Chhukung.
Drinking water during the Gokyo via Everest base camp to Island peak climbing.
- It is better to use water purification drops and tablets which you can either bring from your country or can buy in Kathmandu.
If you have never hiked before mountain area
- Whatever your fitness level, as long as you can walk for 5-6 hours a day and trek-hike a few uphills, Nepal Alsace Trek & Expedition will help you to realize your dream of seeing from the Gokyo EBC plus Island peak climbing.
Nepal Alsace trek will provide you with such kinds of food for the trekkers
- During the tea house lodge trekking and camping, you will find typical foods such as Noodles, Rice, Pasta, Potato dishes, fresh vegetables, eggs, and Chicken items Same time for dinner and Lunch. Breakfast items Tibetan bread, Pancake, muesli, Porridge, and toast with peanut butter. Honey and jam.
Island peak Climbing (6189m)
Charging batteries during the Gokyo to Everest base camp plus Island peak climbing trekking route
- The most of the trekking regions, there is electricity whereby you will be able to charge your iPod and Camera batteries but they charge you extra money 100 to 400 Nepali rupees per hour.
Transportation for Everest base camp via Island peak climbing
- During the Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing, you must take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu. But there is another option you can hire a local Jeep from Kathmandu to Buksa but you need three days extra. If you travel by Jeep it takes 15 hours from Kathmandu to Buksa.
Where do we get this Jeep?
- Kathmandu Chabell Choke is 300 meters from Om Nursing home hospital.
Everest Base camp via Gokyo Island peak climbing best time to Travel
- We can do this trek & Climbing trip from September to November and from March to the medial of May. If you wish to book your trip then please make a booking confirmation before the 20 days forward please your flight details in Kathmandu arrival and departure date.
Gokyo to Everest base camp to Island peak climbing cost will be based on a group of 2-6 people Groups
- The climbing costs are USD 2480 per person from March to May.
- The cost of climbing from September to November. | USD 2355 per person
- The climbing cost per person is from June to August and December to February. | USD 2230 Per pax
- A single climber costs USD 2950 During any season
Gokyo Lake (4730m)
Flight Tickets, Peak permits, accommodation, guides, porters, food, Park permits, and so on are all included. Nevertheless, the price will vary depending on the season and your plans during your trek.
Katmandu Lukla to Kathmandu with Helicopter flight for Gokyo via EBC Island peak climbing
- Our agency will directly do the Everest region trek via helicopter flight from Kathmandu- Lukla instead of flying Ramechhap-Lukla.
The price is as follows USD 3285 Per person we require a minimum of 2 people in your group.
|1||Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to hotel||1300||One hour drive from airport to hotel||Hotel in Kathmandu|
|2||Trip Preparation day||1300||Free walking||Hotel in Kathmandu with B&B Service|
|3||Kathmandu to Lukla plane & Trek Phakding||2610||3-hours||Lodge|
|4||Phakding to Namche Bazaar||3440||5-hours||Lodge|
|5||Acclimation at Namche||3440||Visit to Syangboche Mountain view||Lodge|
|6||Namche to Dhole||4200||6-hours||Lodge|
|7||Dhole to Machhermo||4410||3-4-hours||Lodge|
|8||Macchermo to Gokyo Lake||4790||3-4-hours||Lodge|
|9||Climbing to Gokyo Ri||5357||4-hours & trek to Tangnak||Lodge|
|10||Trek to D''Zongla via Chola pass 5420||4243 Zongla||6-7-hours||Lodge|
|11||Zongla to Lobuche||4910||3-hours||Lodge|
|12||Lobuche to EBC 5364 and back to Gorakshep||5140-Gorakshep||5-6-hours||Lodge|
|13||Hike to Kalapatthar||5545-Kalapatthar||6-7-hours||Lodge|
|14||Climbing to Chhukung Ri 5550||4730-Chhukung||6-7-hours||Lodge|
|15||Chhukung to Island peak Base camp||4970||5-6-hours||Tent Camping|
|16||Island Peak Base Camp to summit Peak (6,189m)||4730-Chhukung||8-9-hours||Lodge|
|17||Chhukung to Tengboche||3860-Chhukung||6-hours||Lodge|
|18||Tengboche to Jorsale||2810-Jorsale||6-7-hours||Lodge|
|19||Jorsale to Lukla||2800-Lukla||5-6-hours||Lodge|
|20||Lukla to Kathmandu||1300-Kathmandu||35-Minuts flight to Kathmandu||Hotel in Kathmandu|
|21||Day Free in Kathmandu||1300||Free walking||Hotel in Kathmandu with B&B Service|
|22||Departure Day||Final departure from the hotel to international airport Kathmandu.||Flight out from Nepal||At your home|
Everest Base camp vs Gokyo Island peak Climbing cost $ 2480
- Arrival & Departure transport
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Plane ticket Kathmandu Luka to Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha national park permit plus TIM’s card.
- Lodge and tent accommodations during trek and climbing
- Climbing Rope, Ice screws, Snow anchor.
- Staff: 1 Cook, 1 Kitchen, one climbing guide and helper Base Camp Base
- Insurance for Nepalese teams.
- Our service charge.
- Equipment Fees for the climbing guide.
- Export climbing guide from Kathmandu to Island peak Kathmandu.
- Necessary porters
- Island peak climbing permit
- Garbage deposit fee.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trek.
Everest base camp vs Gokyo Island peak cost excludes
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance Policy encases if the accident and high altitude Sickness Rescue.
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, But you can obtain in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country.
- Soft and hard drinks such as Beer, Coke, Fanta, Mineral water.
- Personal trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for Nepali staff.
- You must bring your personal Equipment such as Sleeping bag/Crampons/Harness Ice ax and ice hammer.
- We reqer with you 2 passports of size pictures.
Don’t worry you can hire climbing equipment at Checking, But if you have your own Alpine boot then better to bring with you your own size. Because in Chhukung there is the only plastic boot.
Yes, It is a Technical peak, but there is our experienced Sherpa guide, So, he will take you summit without any problem.
Passport photocopy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months. 2 passport-size photos. and your travel insurance photocopy.
Feels like hangover & Feeling not good/ Headache/ Shortness of Breath/ Loss of appetite/ Sleep not good/ vomiting/ fevers etc.
Yes, Peak climbing is not very easy but depends on trekking peaks the same peak is less technical same peak is very steep, and much technical climbing + but you need good mountaineering equipment. We suggest that before the climbing peak you need to do a minimum 5,000 meters high trekking pass
Namaste, Frist inquiry from your trip you will have direct access to experienced and professional climbing guides advice or to ask questions on your arrival in Kathmandu meet with us we will brief you on how to climb Nepal trekking peaks. If you travel with us then, of course, we will provide qualified Guides who have experience high altitude trekking and climbing guides. We provide all the trekking and climbing staff insurance as well. You can speak directly with us about your proposed climbing Nepal Trekking peaks they will brief you on our experience climbing guide who has many times summited Nepal Trekking peaks
3-10 hours walking during trek and peak climbing
Yes, if a woman travels alone to Nepal no problem but you take a guide or porter from a registered trekking agency because the trekking company is fully responsible for trekking and Mountain climbing. Our agency staff always take care of you, and they will provide you a single room single tent during the tea house trek and during the climbing trek.