Kathmandu valley trekking is one of the best viewpoints hiking near Kathmandu city. If you have a few days to spend in Nepal probably you thinking trekking near the Kathmandu valley too. This trekking is also known as short east hiking around Kathmandu rim is a truly very beautiful hiking area. And those who have limited time can do without any risk of natural calamities along the journey.
Trails are ideal for every young and old age people group and those who are looking for short and normal elevation level hiking trek beside trekkers. Experience the typical culture of local people and different authentic hospitalities. We Himalayan mentors always focus to design every package as much possible to meet better attraction of the region. We ensure our guest has a pleasurable holiday in fun-filled and environment.
Kathmandu valley trekking begins from Sungdarijal and we suggest visiting one of the best bird sanctuaries of Nepal also. The trekking pass through a varied range of climate, vegetation and cultural walking from green vegetation temperate forest and rice fields and the alpine region offering an idle introduction of Nepal cultural and natural beauty too. Kathmandu valley trekking offers us views of Mountains like Gaurusankhar, Dorje Lapka peak, Lopsang la peak, Kangchanbo, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, Lamjung Himal, and Goshaikunda valley.
The cost we listed on our website is 560 US$ per person: we include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide, Porter, necessary trekking permits, arrival, departure transport, and other local transport during the trek. We do include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
Kathmandu valley trekking itinerary includes cities like Sundarijal. Chisopani, Chauki Bhanjyang, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, Namobuddh via Panauti after that transfer to hotel in Kathmandu. Next day after breakfast drive to Kathmandu international airport for your departure. In conclusion, it is one of the best trips around the Kathmandu valley.
For a single person, the trek cost will increase by 200 US$.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only, also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival Kathmandu (1300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Shivapuri Chour (1500m) 4 hours walking.
Drive from Kathmandu. to Budhanilikantha, site of a huge monolithic statue of Lord Vishnu, one of the valley’s most photographed sites. From here trail ascents into the Shivapuri hills. Pass the interesting monastery (Nagi Gompa) and climb uphill through lush oak and rhododendron forests to Shivapuri where we camp for the nights
- 3Day 3 : Climb up to Shivapuri hill (2,732m) and 4 hours trek to Dhap.
An uphill climb of 45 minutes takes us to the top of Shivapuri. From the ridge, there are fabulous Himalayan mountain views of Mountains. The trail gradually descent through beautiful forests with different kinds of birds and flowers. From the Shivapuri hilltop, there is a good view of mountain and Kathmandu valley overnight at the tent.
- 4Day 4 : Dhap-Nagakot (2163m) 5hr 30.Walking.
An interesting trail takes us to the hill retreat of Nagarkot, perched on a ridge 32 km east of Kathmandu. It commands sweeping views of the Himalayas. Five of the world’s ten highest peaks, Everest, Lhotse, Cho yo, and Manaslu are visible from here. Nagarkot is also a popular spot to watch sunrise and sunset.Overnight at the tent.
- 5Day 5 : Nagarkot-Dhulukhel 4 hours walking.
The trail climbs up to the tower of Nagarkot. From the tower, there are excellent views of mountains including the view of Mt Everest-Langtang-Ganesh Himal-Gaurisankhar and Kathmandu valley. the trail descends through rhododendron forest and villages to Dhulikhel. On a clear day, there are excellent views of the eastern Himalayas overnight at the tent.
- 6Day 6 : Dhulikhel-Namoboudha 5 hours walking.
Trail ascent steeply through the forest to the ridge. From the ridge, there are good views of the mountain and valley. The trail passes many villages and terrace to reach on Namoboudha. There is some interesting Tibetan monastery.Overnight at the tent.
- 7Day 7 : Namoboudha-Kathmandu,
After breakfast, 3 hours walking to Panauti we will be there lunchtime than a bus drive to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 8Day 8 : Kathmandu
Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes with bed and breakfast.
- 9Day 9 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for your scheduled flight back to the home.
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 3 Nights
- BREAKFAST/ (Eggs items) Toast, Tibetan bread, Chapati, Or Pancake with honey, Jam Butter or Muesli, Cornflakes with hot milk.
- LUNCH/ Nepali Dalbhat, Momo or other (Items).
- Dinner/ (Soup items) Veg, Mushroom. Tomato. Or Chicken, Noodles with papad or popcorn, Dinner) Spaghetti, Sandwich, Or Chips, Pizza Or Macaroni, Chow men or spring roll.
- HOT DRINKS/ Black tea with milk, Black coffee with milk, Lemon tea or hot chocolate
- Tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide fully waterproof two men Tents, Dining tents, kitchen gear toilet tents.
- License holder Trekking guide/ cook,/Required number of porters, their food, Accommodation, salary, Insurance during the trek.
- Sivhapuri Park permits and TIMS.
- Bus Trasport Kathmandu Budhinilkantha-Panuti-Kathmandu.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepali Visa fee 15 Days 30 U$D and for the 30 Days 50 US$, you can obtain in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your Country.
- Personal Trekking Equipment.
- Tips for Guide and Porter.
- Soft and hard drinks Such as Beer, Coke Fanta, and mineral water
- Please don't forget to bring with you 1 passport size pictures