Everest base camp Gokyo Ri Trek vs Chola pass
Everest Base camp Gokyo trek
Everest base camp Gokyo Trekking route is one of the most scenic treks in the world as well as offering close-up views of Everest, the Everest Base Camp Gokyo trek has rightly become one of the world’s classic treks. However, people often choose to ascend Everest base camp via Gokyo Ri, so there is a possibility of crowding on the Everest Trail. By offering a circular itinerary that extends beyond the classic Everest Base Camp Trek, we wanted to enrich your experience by giving you an experience that is more rewarding and off-the-beaten-path. Besides the Gokyo Lakes, this trek is also known for its challenging Cho La Pass and beautiful Gokyo Lakes. We have carefully considered our route in order for you to achieve the best possible acclimatization and maximum chance of reaching Everest Base Camp. Your trek will take you from Lukla to Namche Bazaar via the Dudh Kosi Valley. We will give you some time to relax and acclimatize, then we will drive to Khunde before going up to Tengboche Monastery.
Everest Base camp Gokyo valley trekking
Everest Base camp via Gokyo trek departs in the autumn, timed to coincide with the Mani Rimdu Festival of the Tibetan-Buddhist monastery Thyangboche. This spellbinding event is accompanied by the low resonant notes generated by Tibetan horns, cymbals clashing, and the beat of drums. Thyangboche’s steep slopes rise to the high point, Kala Pattar, where you will find towering peaks and striking landscapes. Kala Pattar provides one of the best views of Everest and other Himalayan giants on the planet as you look out onto the Western Cwm. The Gokyo trek takes you next to Everest Base Camp where, like the Everest summiteers before you, you will feel dwarfed and humbled by this world’s highest mountain.
As you approach Everest base camp Gokyo lakes, you pass the Cho La, a 5,420m high pass above sea level, and descend to the Gokyo valley. Located in the high valley of this sanctuary are three large lakes like pearls arranged one atop the other. In Gokyo located at 4,750 meters/15,580 feet, you will stay near the middle lake, Dudh Pokhari. From here, you can ascend Gokyo Ri, which has a steep ascent, giving a fantastic view of the peaks below – Cho Oyu, Gyachung Kang, Pumori, Everest, Nuptse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Kang Taiga, Thamserku, Khumbila, Tawoche, and Cholatse. You will also enjoy a breathtaking view of the Gokyo Lakes, Ngozumpa Glacier, and the Cho Oyu rocky terrain from the summit of Gokyo Ri. After a long trek, you get back to Lukla with a well-deserved drink to celebrate being so successful.
Contact Mr. Dhane Gurung today by calling 9849417994 or visiting their website to begin your trek to Everest Base Camp and Gokyo trek. The best time for this trek is September 10 December and March to the first week of June.
Everest base camp Gokyo Lake trek is a beautiful and clean blue color water. The next morning, climb up to Gokyo Ri (5,320m) for the sunrise view of Everest, Close view of Cho-Oyo. Then way back to Gokyo, Namche, and Lukla.
Everest base camp and Gokyo trek cost, we listed on our website (1422: US$) per person for a minimum of 2 people in the Group. For a single person, the cost of his trek will increase by 260 US$.
Nepal Alsace Trek include,
01: Arrival departure transport,
02: Kathmandu hotel with breakfast as per our detailed itinerary.
03: Kathmandu, Lukla Kathmandu both way plane ticket.
04: Necessary trekking permit.
05: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with lodge accommodations.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival Kathmandu (1300m),
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu to Phakding
Morning flight to Lukla (2,800m). The gateway of the Khumbu valley and our trek to Phakding (2610m) 7,000 Ft, 3 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 3Day 3 : Phakding to Namche Bazar | Sherpa capital
Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m) 11,080 Ft, 5 hours the walk | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 4Day 4 : Namche Bazaar | Hiking to Sangboche for Mountain viewpoint
Today we slowly climb the Syangboche Mountains toward Everest (8,848m), Amadablam (6,856m), Thamserku (6,608m), Khangtenga (6,685m), and other Himalayan peaks view. Having spent an additional night in Namche, we are sure that you will be able to reach Kalapatthar and Everest base camp without any difficulties.
- 5Day 5 : Namche to Tengboche | Famous old Gompa
Our trek to Tengboche (3,800m) 12,660 Ft, 5 hours the walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Tangboche to Dingboche (4,410m) 5 hours the walking | with mountain view
Trek to Dingboche (4,410m) 14,300 Ft, 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Dingboche to Lobuche | High altitude trail from Thukla
Our trek to Lobuche (4,900m) 16,210 Ft, 4 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Lobuche to Everest Base Camp- Gorakshep
Trek to Everest base camp (5,364m) 17,554 Ft, 3 hours walking and back to the Ghorokshap (5,140m) 16,961Ft, hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : From Gorakshep visit to Kalapatthar and back to Dzongla
Before the breakfast visit to Kalapatthar (5,545m) 18,192 Ft, for the viewpoint, the 4 hours trekking back to D.zong La (4,243) 15,850 Ft, 4 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : D'zongla to via Cho-La pass and trek to Thangnak
We will trek to Thangnak passing over Cho-La pass (5,420m) 17611 feet, 6/7 hours walking | Our night will be at a lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Thanknak to Gokyo | Short walk with Lake and Gokyo peak view
Easy day to go Gokyo (4,790m) 15,580 Ft, only 2 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Early morning climb up to Gokyo ri (5,320m)
Gokyo Ri (5,320m) 17,570 Ft, and back to Dhole (4,200m) in four hours. Spend the night at the lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Dhole to Khumjung
We walked for 4 to 5 hours to Khumjung (3,790m) 11,710 feet. We walked for hours to get to Khumjung.
- 14Day 14 : Kumjung to Phakding
Trek to Phakding 5 hours walking | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Phakding to Lukla
Continuation of the trek to Lukla. Walk for 3 hours to the Lukla and spend the night there.
- 16Day 16 : Lukla to Kathmandu
Flight to Kathmandu | And transfer to the hotel.
- 17Day 17 : Your safety day at Kathmandu
Your safety day at Kathmandu | Hotel include with breakfast
- 18Day 18 : Enjoy flight bak to your home
Once you have finished breakfast then drive to the airport in Kathmandu to catch your flight back to your home.
Everest base camp Gokyo Trek cost 1422 $ Per person
- Arrival & departure transport service.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu domestic plane ticket 360 US$: Per Person.
- For the Nepali Guide 11,000 Rs
- A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek.
- Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Maximum 3500 Rs per day per person for meals & lodge.
- Everest National park entry permit 3,500: Nepali Rs and 1,000 RS Per person TIMS Card.
- Pasang Lhamu Village Tax 2000 Rs Nepali Per Person.
- English- speaking –Government licensed holder trekking guide.
- Over the 6 Pax group, we will provide you experience mountain Leader, who has the best trained Hotel Management (NATHM) Mountain Leader Course, Component 1-2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue Training and Basic Mountaineering training, etc.
- Guide and porters-Insurance, Salary and they are accommodation during the trek.
- Company paper working and Government taxes etc.
Everest base camp Gokyo Trek cost Excludes
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- International air ticket, Nepal Visa fee, your travel insurance, medical and emergency case.
- Personal expenses, bars bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, and any drinks.
- During the trek, if due to the wither problems or you want to return earlier than scheduled the balance is not refundable, please.
September to November and March to May
Day time normal and during Night 5-15 degree.
Everest base camp and Gokyo trek cost, (1,422: US$) P/P Minimum of 2 People
No, You have been already to Kalapatthar (5,545m) | Chola Pass (5,420m) (5,320m) Gokyo Ri easily you can do this high pass
Sagarmatha National park permit and Pasang Lhamu VCD Permit.
Yes, If you take a Guide and porter then very safe trip all the trekking in Nepal. It is better to book your trip with an agency if something happens then easy to solve any problem and full responsibility from Trekking agency.
Every village there are good Lodge with dining room including the best Toilet
Chinese, Nepali, Tibetans, Indian and Italian dish.
5/6 hours of walking per day.
Yes, you can see Thamserku(6,608m), Kusum Kangaru (6,367m), Amadablam (6,856m), Cho-Oyo (8,200m), Everest (8,848m), Pumori (7,165m), Nuptse (7,861m), Lhotse (8,414m), Island (6,189m) peak and many other mountains views.
Normally 17 Nights 18 Days Total days
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. + walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket over 3,000 meters you get very cold. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.
Arrival & departure transport service. Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary. Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu domestic plane ticket 360 US$: Per Person. For the Nepali Guide 11,000 Rs A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek. Lodge accommodation during the trek. Maximum 3500 Rs per day per person for meals & lodge. Everest National park entry permit 3,500: Nepali Rs and 1,000 RS Per person TIMS Card. Pasang Lhamu Village Tax 2000 Rs Nepali Per Person. English- speaking –Government licensed holder trekking guide. Over the 6 Pax group, we will provide you experience mountain Leader, who has the best trained Hotel Management (NATHM) Mountain Leader Course, Component 1-2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue Training and Basic Mountaineering training, etc. Guide and porters-Insurance, Salary and they are accommodation during the trek. Company paper working and Government taxes etc.
Feels like hangover & Feeling not good/ Headache/ Shortness of Breath/ Loss of appetite/ Sleep not good/ vomiting/ fevers etc.
Yes, if a woman travels alone to Nepal no problem but you take a guide or porter from a registered trekking agency because the trekking company is fully responsible for trekking and Mountain climbing. Our agency staff always take care of you, and they will provide you a single room single tent during the tea house trek and during the climbing trek. But if you contact freelance Guide then you get many problems they try to make chit for a single woman. Therefore if you book guide porter with un agency then it is good safe your Holyday travel to Nepal.