Kanchenjunga trekking is an unspoiled and well-preserved trekking destination of Nepal. Which lacks the modern tourism infrastructure and works as a pleasure of adventure to trekkers from all around the world. Kanchenjunga lies in the north and the Far East of Himalayan belt dividing Nepal and Skim. The adventure trail leads to the north and south base camp of the world’s third tallest mountain Mt Kanchenjunga (8,586m). It is the one and only trekking in the world where you can visit both sides of a mountain in a single Trek.
Kanchenjunga trekking is actually named after its name was “KANCHENDZONGA” which means five jewels of a snow peak. Kanchenjunga was officially started for tourists in 1988 and since then it has been one of the most adventurous trials. The remoteness of the region, the physical and mental endurance trekkers need to overcome all the difficulty of the trek makes it one of the desirable trek of Nepal.
The typical lifestyle of Sherpa, Limbu people, the flora and fauna, isolated monastery, the majestic mountain range, and the higher passes make it a very scintillating trek. Overall it is the most important trekking destination to know more about Nepal’s mountain and culture of the people influenced by both Tibetan and Indian culture. It is also a one-lifetime experience which can only imagine exploring in another part of Nepal.
One Note: During the Kanchenjunga trek at the Lhonak everybody will have face swelling only 3/4 hours.
How to go Kanchenjunga trekking:
It begins from Kathmandu to Taplejung bus or plane and then we continue our journey to massif Kanchenjunga. We follow deep ravines, a forest of bamboo, and rhododendron and larch pine forest to the Tibetan valley of Ghunsa. Our most important acclimatizing point before heading for North base camp of Kanchenjunga we spend a night at Pangpema (5160m).
The panorama of Mt Kanchenjunga and Chang Himal dominate the Lhonak and Pangpema which is overwhelming virtually. The adventure passes through Selele pass (4480m) surpass to Mirgg la pass (4820m) to stream another beautiful point before heading Kanchenjunga south camp. Then we continue along the route to south base camp following addictive scenery. The view of Himalayan Thar adds nothing but excitement. The trail passes through Yalung glacier to reach South Camp of Kanchenjunga.
Then we descend down following route to Taplejung via Yamphudeng. Yak Kharkha to Taplejung via Sukyatar where we can look at the airport which is not working. A day after drive back to Kathmandu. So what are you waiting to join us and explore Nepal trekking in different Perspectives?
Note: It is tough trekking in Nepal, so you need to have experience of mountain and camping trekking before. For your comfort, we can change or modify our itinerary on the way too by the help of our skillful and experienced Guide and trekking Leader.
The cost of the Kanchenjunga trek is 2277 US$ per person. In this budget, Nepal Alsace Trek includes the Kanchenjunga special trekking permit, Park permit, Accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Necessary Local transport, Experience guide, and Porter salary insurance during the trek. We also include the hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast service as per our itinerary.
For a single person, the cost of his trek will increase by 250 US$.
If you want to hire the guide and porter only also available from our agency.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m).
Arrival Kathmandu airport | And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes Breakfast. We need your original passport including Nepali Visa to prepare for the Restricted Special Trekking permit, After preparing your permit Nepal Alsace trek will brief for your Trekking details.
- 3Day 3 : Night bus.
Night bus from Kathmandu VIA Chitwan-Jhapa-Birtamod about 14 hours, dinner will be on the way hotel.
- 4Day 4 : Bus (Taplejung (1,820m).
From Birtamod local bus to Taplejung about 7/8 hours | Stay a night at Lodge.
- 5Day 5 : Phurumbu (1,542m) only 4 hours walking.
After breakfast trek to Phurumbu easy walking day.
Today you can see the Kanchenjunga and Kumbakarna | Stay overnight at lodge.
- 6Day 6 : Chhiruwa (1,270m) 6 hours.
Phurumbu-Chhiruwa via Sisne Khola and big Lumbu village | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Sekhathum (1,575m) 6 hours.
Chhiruwa-Sekhathum after walking a while we can see a beautiful valley and waterfal | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Amjilapsa (2,038m) 5 hours.
Sekhathum-Amjilapsa after 25 minutes we walk up and have a little view of Kumbakarna | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 9Day 9 : Kyabla (2,730m) 4 hours.
Amjilapsa-Kyabla today after breakfast easy way to reach the kyabla, not the long way | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 10Day 10 : Ghunsa (3,595m) 5 hours.
From Kyabla to Ghunsa which is the best place in Trekking place. Between Kyabla & Ghunsa there is a place called Phale where Tibetan people live and they sell nice Carpets & prices are less than Kathmandu. Phale is one of the Centers of the Tibet border and from Phale the trail goes Lumba Sumba pass to Makalu & Way to Kanchenjunga trekking towards Ghunsa | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 11Day 11 : Rest day at Ghunsa.
This is very important that a beautiful place for a rest day. You may visit the village, monastery and etc. Your Kanchenjunga special trekking Permit also will be verified there | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 12Day 12 : Khambachen (4,050m) 6 hours.
Ghunsa -Khambachen From Lodge you have the great view of the (Janu Himal Kumbhakarna (7,710m) Phale Peak (6,645m) Sobithongie (6,670m) & Khabur Peak (6,332m) | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 13Day 13 : Lhonak (4,780m) 4 h,30.
Kambachen - Lhonak (4,780m) & you can see view Kanchenjunga from right side Wedge Peak (6,750m) Ramtang Peak (6,700m) Table Shikha (6,510m) from the Left side view of the Nupchu Peak (6,044m), Tanjung Peak (6,097m) and Dango Peak (6,250m) | Stay overnight at similar Lodge.
- 14Day 14 : Day Visit to Pangpema (5,143m) and night at Lhonak.
Pangpema is another beautiful place to visit it takes 6 hours to go & return. You have a wonderful View of the Kanchenjunga Base camp Glacier, Nepal Peak, and Pathibhara Himal and Kanchenjunga | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 15Day 15 : Lhonak-Ghunsa 9 hours.
Lhonak-Ghunsa long way descending back to the Ghunsa | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 16Day 16 : Selle Base Camp-(3,700m).
From Ghunsa 4 hours walking to Selele base camp | Stay overnight at the small Lodge.
- 17Day 17 : Tseram (3,870m) 7 hours.
From Selele base camp 7/8 hours walking to Tseram (3,870m) From Selle if the weather is fine you can see world top Mt Everest After passing Selle pass (4,480m), Sinelapche La (4,646m) | Stay overnight at a similar Lodge.
- 18Day 18 : Ramche (4,580m) Visit day
Tseram to Ramche, after Lunch we visit the Oktang, have a view of Kanchenjunga South Ynalug Kang (8,505m) Kumbhakarna many more snow peaks are very close and return back to Ramche | Stay overnight at Lodge.
- 19Day 19 : Lasydanda (3,310) 7 hours.
Ramche-Lasyadanda | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 20Day 20 : Yamphudin (2,080m) 6 hours.
Lasyadanda-trek to Yamphudin | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 21Day 21 : Pumphe (1,854m) 6/7 hours.
Yamphudin Pumphedanda | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 22Day 22 : Sinchuwa (2,129m) 6/7 hours.
Pumphedanda Sinchuwa Bhanjyang | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 23Day 23 : Lalikharka (2,711m) 6/7 hours.
Sinchuwa Bhanjyang-Lalikharka | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 24Day 24 : 6 hours.
Lali Kharka-Taplejung | Stay overnight at a small and similar Lodge.
- 25Day 25 : Night bus.
From Taplejung we taking a night bus via Phedem-Ilam.
- 26Day 26 : Via Damak Chitwan.
Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- 27Day 27 : Free day at Kathmandu.Free day at Kathmandu hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 28Day 28 : Departure.
After breakfast drive to the Kathmandu airport for Your scheduled flight back to the home
- Arrival and departure Transport Car/Van/ Hiace.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast 4 Nights
- Camping or Lodge Including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Such as: Italian, Chinese, Indian, Nepali many more European food
- Lodge or Tented accommodation During the trek
- License holder Trekking Guide during the trek., Required number of porters, food, accommodation, salary, insurance
- Special trekking permits Kanchenjunga and park fee
- Bus Trasport from Kathmandu- Birtamode-Taplejung-Birtamode-Kathmandu
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Your Travel Insurance Policy incase is accident high Altitude Sickness Rescue operation
- Nepal entry visa fee 15 Days 30 US$ and for the 30 Days 50 US$, you can obtain your visa in Kathmandu airport if you have not taken from your country
- Soft and hard drinks Such as: Beer, Coke,Fanta and Minerail waters
- Personal Trekking Equipment
- Tips for Nepali staff
- Please bring with you 6 passport size pictures