Lower Mustang Trek
Lower Mustang Trek involves the stark, barren landscapes of Lower Mustang Trek, which are dotted with Tibetan Buddhism cultural attractions. It isn’t a high-altitude trek, and you can fly between Pokhara and Jomsom to speed up the journey. The trip is a great choice for trekkers who are short on time or who wouldn’t mind a shorter, less challenging trek. Accessibility of Mustang takes you on an ancient trade route from Kali Gandaki Valley to Tibet, and it is Nepal’s gateway to the hidden riches of Mustang travel.
The Lower Mustang tour package is a moderately short and beautiful family trek, and you do not need expensive permits to trek there. As well as Nepal’s oldest monastery and unique lifestyle, this region has the largest protected biodiversity area. To trek to Lower Mustang, you must fly or drive to Jomsom from Pokhara.
Lower Mustang trek
Lower Mustang trek package is the roads built in the last few years that have opened up access to Jomsom and the Mustang area. It used to be popular to trek all the way along the Kali Gandaki Gorge to Jomsom (or vice versa) as part of the Annapurna Circuit. Since the completion of the road, this is no longer ideal as the road is dusty and trekkers have to share it with vehicles.
As an alternative to flying, you can get a jeep from Pokhara or a bus from Beni 4 hours from Pokhara all the way to Jomsom. This takes a full day and lowers the transport cost, but be prepared for a bumpy ride
Lower Mustang trekking can be done in 11 days including arrival day to departure day. We have listed Lower mustang trekking costs 976 U$$ per person for a minimum of 2 pax in groups.
Lower Mustang tour package,
01: Arrival & departure transports.
02: All the necessary local transport’s during the trek.
03: Necessary Trekking permits.
04: Breakfast, Lunch. Dinner, Lodge accommodations during the trek including guide and porter.
05: Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara as per our detailed itinerary.
06: Pokhara- Jomsom to Pokhara plane ticket.
We like to inform you that before the booking trip please re-check our list of include and not include in our list. This lower Mustang trek is a very easy and less altitude trek. Every 2/3 hours of walk, we will get a mountain lodge with a nice facilely hot shower, dining room, and clean toilets. Our guide will take care of all foods, lodges, transports, and necessary extra services during the trek.
For a single person, The trek cost will increase by 200 US$.
This Annapurna region is a hub for trekking in Upper Mustang, Upper Dolpo, Annapurna circuit, and Tilicho pass. From Jomsom, the itinerary will go to Kagbeni, Jharkot, Muktinath, visit Marfa Thak Gaun, and conclude in Jomsom.
- 1Day 1 : Arrival Kathmandu (1300m) And transfer to the hotel.
- 2Day 2 : Kathmandu to Pokhara (900m) | 7 hours bus and includes hotel
- 3Day 3 : Flight to Jomsom (2,700m) and 3 hours trek to Kagbeni (2800m) stay at the lodge
- 4Day 4 : Kagbeni to Muktinath (3,800m) 4 hours walking Stay at the lodge
- 5Day 5 : Visit to Lower Mustang Valley overnight at the lodge
- 6Day 6 : Muktinath to Marpha Village (2,640m) 6 hours walking. Stay overnight at the lodge.
- 7Day 7 : Marpha to Jomsom 2 hours walking. Stay overnight at lodge.
- 8Day 8 : Flight back to Pokhara,hotel includes
- 9Day 9 : From Pokhara tourist bus to Kathmandu | And transfer to hotel
- 10Day 10 : Free day at Kathmandu | Hotel includes bed and breakfast.
- 11Day 11 : After breakfast drive to the international airport for your scheduled flight back to home.
LOWER MUSTANG TREK COST 976 $ PER PER PERSON
- Permits for Annapurna Conservation Park cost 2,000 rupees and TIMS cards cost 1,000 rupees.
- There are three meals a day during the trek-breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 2800 rupees per day per member for food and lodging.
- Ticket from Pokhara to Jomsom & Pokhara.
- The ticket covers the journey between Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- English-speaking, government-licensed trekking guide.
- As a group of 6 Pax, we will be providing you with trained and experienced Mountain Leaders, who have completed Hotel Management Course 2 and 1 (NATHM), Navigation Course, Rock-climbing Course, Mountain Rescue Course, and Basic Mountaineering course, etc.
- Insurers, salaries, and accommodations during the trek are required of the porters.
- Arrival and departure transport services for company papers.
- Hotel and Government taxes etc.
- During the trek, local transportation was provided
Lower Mustang trek Cost Excludes
- In Pokhara and Kathmandu, lunch and dinner.
- The travel insurance policy covers the accident and high altitude sickness, as well as Rescue and medication.
- Coca-Cola, Fanta, Beer, and mineral water are all soft and hard drinks.
- Trekking Equipment for Personal Use,
- Trekking staff tips.
- A passport-size photo should be brought with you.
- Nepal visa fees are 30 USD for 15 days and 50 USD for 30 days. If you haven't taken your visa from home, you can get it in Kathmandu airport.
From September to December and from March to June.
During the day, it is normal and during the night, it is 1-4 degrees.
Lower mustang trekking costs 976 USD per person for a minimum of 2 people in the group.
There is no difficulty, but it can be windy after 10 a.m.
TIMS cards are required for access to Annapurna National Park.
The trekking in Nepal may be very safe if you have a porter and guide with you. It is better to book your trip through an agency so that if something happens there is an easy resolution and full responsibility on the part of the Trekking agency.
It is common to find good lodges with dining rooms and toilets in every village
Chinese, Nepalese, Tibetan, Indian, and Italian dishes.
Five or six hours of walking per day.
Yes, you can see Annapurna over (8,000m), Nilgiri North (7,061m) &, Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Thapa peak (6,012m), Tukuche peak (7,135m) and many other mountain views.
Ten nights and eleven days is the normal schedule
Normally, you need to bring with you flowing equipment. + walking boot If possible Gore tax boot is better. + Warm socks and Gaiters in case of rain or snow. + Day carry bag and Down Jacket over 3,000 meters you get very cold. + Sleeping bag and others which are not mansions here.
Arrival & Departure transport. Hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast as per itinerary. Two-night hotel in Pokhara at Lakeside with breakfast. Annapurna Conservation park permit 2,000 Rs and TIMS card 1,000 Rs. A day three times meals-Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek. 2800 Rs per day per member for food including lodge accommodation. Popkhara to Jomsom & Pokhara plane ticket. Tourist bus ticket Kathmandu Pokhara to Kathmandu. English- speaking –Government licensed holder trekking guide. Over the 6 Pax group, we will provide you experience mountain Leader, who has the best trained Hotel Management (NATHM) Mountain Leader Course, Component 1-2, Navigation Course, Rock climbing Course, Mountain rescue Training and Basic Mountaineering training, etc. Necessary porters-Insurance, Salary and they are accommodation during the trek. Company paper working Arrival and departure transport service. Hotel and Government taxes etc. Local transport during the trek
There is no issue if a woman travels alone to Nepal, but you take a guide or porter from a registered trekking agency, since they are responsible for mountaineering and trekking in Nepal. During the tea house trek and the climbing trek, our staff always takes good care of you, and they provide you with a single room tent. In contrast, if you contact a freelance guide, you are confronted with many problems as they try to make chit for a single woman. So it is safe to travel to Nepal with a guide or porter booked through an agency.